Dallas Rear-End Accident Lawyer
Every year, nearly one-third of all crashes are caused by rear-end collisions. Rear-end collisions can cause long-term and potentially serious injuries. However, if you or a loved one is injured in a rear-end collision, you can be sure to get just compensation with the help of experienced Dallas auto accident attorneys like those at the Law Office of Doug Goyen. If you are looking for a Dallas rear-end accident lawyer, call us at (972) 599-4100. We will start working on your case today.
Drivers of motor vehicles have a responsibility to keep a safe distance between themselves and other vehicles. The reality in the Dallas area is that many drivers disregard this rule, resulting in serious accidents on our roads. A driver who collides with the vehicle in front of them is generally considered to be at fault for the accident because they failed to maintain a safe driving distance between their vehicle and the vehicle in front of them.
A variety of negligent acts can result in rear-end collisions. The following are the most common causes of rear-end collisions:
- Following too closely or tailgating
- Distracted driving such as cell phone use, texting, or other internal car distractions
- Driving unsafely for the weather conditions
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Speeding or driving faster than someone should in the conditions
- Driver fatigue
- Multiple car crash chain reactions
- Sudden and unexpected stops in traffic
The potential causes of a rear-end collision accident are well-known to auto accident lawyers. To ensure a successful recovery, an attorney must understand the applicable law and be able to demonstrate that the offending motor vehicle failed to act reasonably under the circumstances, which caused the accident.
When you are hit from behind in an auto accident, you can sustain a variety of injuries. The impacts can be severe. According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were 2439 fatal rear-end accidents in 2018.
Injuries caused by rear-end accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries including paralysis
- Herniated discs to the back or to the neck
- Back injuries
- Facial injuries
- Head injuries including Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Burn injuries
- Fractures to the arms, legs, chest, and other areas of the body
- Wrongful Death
- Neck Injuries including Whiplash: Whiplash is one of the most common injuries from getting hit from behind. It is estimated that over 3 million people in the United States suffer a whiplash injury to their neck or back in car accidents each year, with many of these injuries caused by rear-end collisions. These soft tissue injuries can cause pain in car accident victims that may resolve in a few months or last a lifetime of agony, discomfort, and disability.
In some cases, the victim is unable to return to work or requires ongoing medical treatment and care. Our car accident lawyers build strong cases for our clients, seeking compensation from all parties responsible for physical, emotional, and property damages.
We hire vocational counseling and economics experts to accurately present these elements of personal injury damages to an insurance adjuster or jury. The Law Office of Doug Goyen can be reached at (972) 599 4100.
A person who has been injured has the right to be made whole, and this is usually the guiding principle behind a car accident award. A settlement for a rear-end collision will include compensation for any losses incurred as a result of the accident, which may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of services for household duties that cannot be performed while injured
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Physical impairment
- Wrongful death and Survivor damages in the case of a fatal accident
Our personal injury lawyers have assisted countless individuals and families who have suffered serious injuries or death as a result of being hit by a car, truck, bus, or another motor vehicle in a rear-end collision accident. We hire expert accountants, financial analysts, and economists because each personal injury case has its own costs, such as pain and suffering, lost wages, the cost of care, and a variety of other monetary costs. We use financial professionals to determine fair resolutions for injury victims in order to accurately assess what these costs will be for the rest of a victim’s life.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen fights for our clients’ full financial recovery through meticulous trial preparation that most of the time leads to a settlement before any trial or even litigation is actually needed. In those cases where a trial is needed, we are ready. If you have been injured in a car, truck, or bus accident, please contact our office to discuss your options.FREE CASE REVIEWS
If you are looking for a Dallas rear-end accident lawyer, call (972) 599 4100. We offer free phone consultations with our auto accident lawyers. We also provide a free strategy session. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, legal issues involved, and legal issues we identify as being critical to maximizing the compensation owed.THERE IS NO FEE IF WE DO NOT WIN
You owe us nothing if we are unable to recover. We charge a contingency fee structured to take a percentage of what we recover. As a performance-based contract, the better we do for you, the better we do for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with our client’s interests.
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Car Crash Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
Related Causes of Accidents Pages:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
Other Useful Auto Accident Pages:
- Car Wreck Liability Issues
- Changing Story After Accident
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- What We Charge
- What We Do For Our Clients
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer – FAQs
- Do I Need a Lawyer for an Injury Case?
- Do I Need A Lawyer For My Injury?
- How Much is the Attorney’s Fee?
- How Much Will My Settlement Be?
- Information Needed for Your Injury Claim
- Settling Personal Injuries
- What Your Injury Lawyer Will Do
- Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me