Dallas Red Light Accident Lawyer
People rush to reach where they’re going, therefore running a red light is somewhat common. The majority of the time, though, it occurs by accident. Red light running is typically caused by not paying attention, speeding, or mistiming a light. Running a red light can result in a serious accident. A Dallas red light accident lawyer can assist you or a loved one if you or a loved one is hit by a motorist that runs a red light.
You may be able to sue the other driver for compensation, which can help you pay for your accident-related expenses. To discover more about your legal options, contact the auto accident attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen now at (972) 599-4100.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), over 20,000 auto accidents were caused by motorists running red lights in 2019, with over 10,000 persons injured. You may have questions about how the Law Office of Doug Goyen can assist you after being injured in an automobile accident caused by another party’s negligence. Call our personal injury attorney to discuss your case. Some of the services we provide include:
We collect evidence to back up your claim.
As the injured party, you will be required to submit evidence that demonstrates how the accident was caused by another person.
The following are some examples of evidence that we have gathered that may be useful in your case:
- Photographs showing your injuries, the damage to your property, and the scene of the accident
- Your accident report in writing
- Your doctor’s statements
- Your medical examinations’ reports
- Your medical records
- Footage from traffic cameras
- Your lawyer can take care of the evidence gathering for you.
- Coordinate the Deadlines Involved in Your Case
Many deadlines apply to your personal injury lawsuit, some of which you may not be aware of. The state’s statute of limitations is one of such deadlines. A lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. If you need to file a lawsuit, your lawyer can assist you in meeting the state’s statutory deadline.
This isn’t an all-inclusive list of what your lawyer might be able to do for you. To learn more, contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen.
There are various types of accidents that can occur when cars run red lights. These are some of them:
Rear-end crashes occur when one car collides with the back of another, often from tailgating and not giving themselves room to stop when a light changes. Sometimes it is when a driver speeds to beat a red light, but the automobiles in front of it are not speeding, this type of accident is prevalent.
T-bone collisions occur when a car collides with another car on its side, forming a T shape. When a driver tries to beat a red light after the lights have already switched for traffic in multiple directions, this is a typical occurrence. Because it gives the least protection from safety measures, this type of crash is extremely deadly.
Turn collisions occur when a motorist is making a turn and a motorist traveling in the other direction fails to yield the right of way or runs a red light.
There are a variety of different forms of collisions that aren’t addressed in this list. While some types of accidents are more serious than others, all auto accidents can result in significant injuries. If you haven’t already, seek medical help as soon as possible following the accident. Then you can speak with a Dallas red light accident attorney to learn more about your legal alternatives. To learn more, contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen immediately.
Accidents at red lights occur for a variety of causes. These can include the following:
Distracted driving: This is one of the most common causes of red light and other sorts of accidents. If a driver’s attention is diverted from the road for even a fraction of a second, the motorist may mistime a signal and cause an accident.
Speeding: Traffic lights are programmed to change as the posted speed limit is exceeded. Excessive speeding toward a traffic signal makes timing a stop or pass-through difficult. Drivers frequently speed through red lights, causing an accident on the other side by colliding with a car that has entered the lane or has driven through ahead of them.
Drunk driving: Intoxication makes it extremely difficult to drive a car, let alone properly schedule red light stops. There have been numerous instances of drunk drivers running red lights at the incorrect moment and causing accidents.
If you come to a complete stop at a red light and it turns green, look around to check if any automobiles are still moving through the intersection before advancing. While you may not be able to prevent other vehicles from running red lights, you can try to avoid them as much as possible.
A red light crossing collision can result in injuries to a variety of road users. Victims may include the following individuals:
- Pedestrians crossing the street at a crosswalk
- Automobiles and their passengers making a left turn or coming to a complete stop at a red light
- Bicyclists approaching a crossroads from the opposite direction
- Motorcycles driving through intersections.
If another party’s negligence caused your red light collision and injured you, they may be liable for your damages, regardless of how you were utilizing the road.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen now at (972) 599 4100 and speak to a personal injury attorney to learn more about your legal options in a free case review with a member of our staff.
You may be able to receive compensation for your accident-related damages if you can prove the negligent party’s liability. The following are examples of recoverable damages in your case, depending on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of your accident:
- Medical expenses, such as prescription drugs, doctor consultations, rehabilitation, emergency room visits, surgeries, and physical therapy.
- Predicted future medical care costs
- Lost income for the time you were unable to work due to the accident
- Total loss of property and property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- And other damages caused by accidents.
If your loved one was killed in a red light accident and you are pursuing a wrongful death claim, you may be eligible for a different set of damages. Damages for wrongful death may include:
- Funeral costs
- Pre-death costs of medical care
- Loss of companionship
- And other damages related to a wrongful death case.
When our Dallas red light accident lawyer handles your case, you can concentrate on your family and recuperation.
For a free case evaluation from a member of our staff, call (972) 599-4100 today. We handle vehicle accident injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t have to pay us attorney costs unless and until you receive compensation through a court judgment or a settlement offer.FREE CASE REVIEWS
If you are looking for an auto accident lawyer, call (972) 599 4100. We offer free phone consultations. We also provide a free strategy session. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, legal issues involved, and legal issues we identify as being critical to maximizing the compensation owed.THERE IS NO FEE IF WE DO NOT WIN
You owe us nothing if we are unable to recover. We charge a contingency fee structured to take a percentage of what we recover. As a performance-based contract, the better we do for you, the better we do for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with our client’s interests.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Car Crash Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
Related Causes of Accidents Pages:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
Other Useful Auto Accident Pages:
- Car Wreck Liability Issues
- Changing Story After Accident
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- What We Charge
- What We Do For Our Clients
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer – FAQs
- Do I Need a Lawyer for an Injury Case?
- Do I Need A Lawyer For My Injury?
- How Much is the Attorney’s Fee?
- How Much Will My Settlement Be?
- Information Needed for Your Injury Claim
- Settling Personal Injuries
- What Your Injury Lawyer Will Do
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney