Liability Insurance for Automobile Injuries

Personal Injury Auto Insurance

Contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 regarding your automobile injury case to talk to our Dallas injury lawyer.

Liability Insurance:

Personal Injury Automobile Insurance Coverages: If you have a personal injury from an auto collision, you will want to know what insurance coverage is available to you. If the other driver is at fault, you will want to get that person's liability insurance information. If the other driver is at fault but is an uninsured motorist, you will want to use your uninsured motorist coverage. If they have automobile insurance, but do not have enough insurance to cover your claim, you will want to use your underinsured motorist coverage. Additionally you may have PIP or Medpay that you may want to use. If you have your own vehicle but are in someone else's vehicle, either as a passenger or driver, you may have additional coverages available to you. You need to have an evaluation of the situation, the vehicles involved, the insurance involved, and the coverages involved to ensure that you recover the proper amounts under the insurance policies involved.

Other types of insurance can also affect your personal injury claim. Health insurance, workers compensations insurance, Medicare and Medicaid can all affect your claim and the amount you are able to recover. Often these insurances claim a lien or subrogation interest in your injury claim you have against any auto insurance proceeds. Some of these claims are legitimate, others are not. Personal injury auto insurance coverage can be confusing. It can fully compensate you, or if done incorrectly, you can end up short the amount of money that you should receive for your automobile injury claim.

Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection (PIP) pays for not only medical bills, but 80% of your lost income, and reasonable household duties (so if you couldn't mow your lawn due to your injury, it would pay for you to hire someone to do it for you . . . if you were doing it yourself before). Get as much coverage as your insurance company will sell you. Most will sell you at least $10,000.00 in coverage under PIP.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: About 1 in 3 people driving on the roads in Texas are uninsured. If you don't have collision coverage on your own vehicle, you will not be able to get your vehicle fixed, or have your medical bills paid, if one of these uninsured people run into you (if you don't have uninsured motorist coverage). You need uninsured motorist coverage to protect yourself.

Underinsured motorist coverage is needed in case the person who hits you doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for your entire loss. For instance, in Texas, most people have the "minimum" coverage required by law. This means they only have $25,000 in coverage to pay for your vehicle if they total your car. Most new cars today cost far in excess of that amount. You will need underinsured motorist coverage to cover the difference.

Liability Coverage: Make sure you are carrying adequate liability limits. The minimum amount required by law is not adequate. $30,000 coverage for an injury is not enough to cover even a small but serious injury claim (such as a broken bone, or a case where someone might need minor surgery). Your assets and credit are at risk if you have a judgment against you in excess of your coverage amount. Get more than minimum limits, in order to obtain real coverage to protect yourself.

If you have been involved in an automobile accident where you or someone you know has been injured, contact a Dallas injury lawyer today to discuss your case.  Make sure you are using your insurance coverage correctly in order to ensure you don't end up owing bills that insurance should cover.  Contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 to talk to our Dallas injury lawyer.  

Types of Coverage in Automobile Injury Cases:
Automobile Liability Insurance, Uninsured Motorist Insurance, Personal Injury Protection (PIP), Medpay Insurance, Property Damage & Collision Coverages for Your Auto

Personal Injury Areas We Help With Are:

Auto Accident and Injury Cases, Personal Injury Cases, 18 Wheeler & Commercial Vehicle Injury Accident Cases, Motorcycle Accident and Injury Cases, Wrongful Death Cases, Pedestrian Injured by Automobile Cases, Slip and Fall & Premises Cases, Workplace & Constructions Injury Cases, Dog Bite Injury Cases, Bicyclers Hit by Automobile Cases .

By Doug Goyen, 

Facebook - Law Office of Doug Goyen