What to Do After a Truck Accident
Contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen to speak to a Dallas truck accident lawyer at (972) 599 4100 regarding your case.Steps After a Trucking Collision:
There are many similarities to a regular passenger automobile injury collision, but some definite differences in dealing with a trucking collision involving injury.
Both include the following:
1) Call the police to the scene if possible,
2) Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any and all witnesses you can find,
3) Get a copy of the police report number,
4) Get a copy of the police report,
5) Get any license plate and the DOT number on the rig,
6) ALSO, get any license plate and DOT numbers on any trailers (they will be different than rig),
7) Get ALL identifying information on the driver of the rig (often, the owners of the rig will claim they sold the rig, and have no idea who owns it now, or who is leasing it now - you often have to go back after the driver to get the correct information as they have given the wrong information to the police. You can't go back after the driver if you don't have all their identifying information and how to locate them),
8) Get all insurance documents and make sure they match up to the vehicles and trailers, and the driver involved,
9) Take photos of the vehicles, the people involved, skidmarks, damage, debris, and anything else of significance in determining what or how it happened. Get identifying information, and take photos of anyone else who is there taking photos or video (often people from the trucking company get there fast and start taking photos of everything - it can be necessary to identify those people at a later date to determine who has these photos if we need to get copies of them),
10) Get medical attention immediately if you are injured,
11) Contact an attorney to deal with the insurance company of the trucking company regarding your injury claim. Insurance adjusters who do commercial claims are trained to avoid paying claims if at all possible. They will look for anything you say to twist into an excuse to not pay you. They have been trained systemically by insurance defense lawyers for decades in patterning questions in ways to lead you into saying things that they can later twist into language that you might not know can be used against you at a later time to deny your claim. Don't put your trust into a commercial insurance claims adjuster. When you call them, you assume they are there to help pay you. Nothing can be further from the truth. They are trained to avoid paying claims - and will do everything they can to avoid paying you on your injury claim.
If you have been injured by a commercial truck, you need to speak to a Dallas truck accident lawyer. Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 to speak to our Dallas truck accident lawyer. Call for a free initial phone consultation.
Personal Injury Areas We Help With Are:
Auto Accident and Injury Cases, Personal Injury Cases, 18 Wheeler & Commercial Vehicle Injury Accident Cases, Motorcycle Accident and Injury Cases, Wrongful Death Cases, Pedestrian Injured by Automobile Cases, Slip and Fall & Premises Cases, Workplace & Constructions Injury Cases, Dog Bite Injury Cases, Bicyclers Hit by Automobile Cases .
Types of Coverage in Automobile Injury Cases:
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org