Dallas Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents people for personal injury cases related to accidents and has been helping clients recover compensation for their injuries from those accidents since 1997. Attorney Doug Goyen is a Dallas bicycle accident lawyer handling auto accidents including those where bicyclists are hit by automobiles. We provide expertise, experience, and representation you can count on to get you compensated for your injury.
At the Law Office of Doug Goyen, we believe that it is critical to conduct an immediate, thorough investigation of an accident in order to ensure that no evidence is lost or destroyed.
The truth is that a Dallas bicycle accident lawyer can offer a wide range of services aimed at recovering the maximum amount for you and your family following an accident. It is critical that you contact a Dallas accident attorney about your accident claim as soon as possible. Among our services are:
- Investigate your accident thoroughly.
- Examining all insurance policies involved in your case.
- Making certain that all documents are filed on time.
- Negotiating aggressively with the auto insurance company.
- Making a compelling case in court on your behalf.
- Resolving any health care or other liens associated with your recovery in a way that ensures you receive the funds necessary to cover all of your medical expenses and move on with financial security.
- We gather evidence in your case, such as the police crash report, photographs of the accident scene, photographs of the damaged vehicles, eyewitness statements, cell phone records and other electronic evidence, medical records, and work records.
When necessary, we can also consult with highly qualified experts who can assist us in determining who caused the accident, who should be held liable, and how much you are entitled to recover.
Our goal is to gather enough evidence to establish a solid car accident claim and build the strongest possible case for full and fair compensation. We negotiate aggressively with insurance companies and use a skilled approach to represent our clients in court.
Contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100. We get compensation for our client’s injury cases. We assist in locating medical facilities that can treat injuries caused by being hit by a car. We obtain the evidence required to recover your lost income. We gather evidence to prove the full value of your personal injury so that you can be compensated.
If you were injured while riding your bicycle by a negligent motorist, please contact us at (972) 599 4100 to discuss your case. The call is free. We don’t charge a fee unless we win your case!
The value of a personal injury case will differ from person to person and claim to claim. The value of a personal injury can be determined by several factors, including the extent and severity of your physical injuries, the amount of time you will miss from work, as well as your pain and suffering, and mental anguish.
A lawyer can assist you in determining how much compensation you may be entitled to in a personal injury claim and then negotiating a favorable settlement with the insurance company of the at-fault party.
The compensation you may be entitled to following a personal injury accident can include both economic and non-economic damages. Economic losses can include lost wages, loss of services, medical expenses, and property damage.
A lawyer can assist you in categorizing and valuing other accident-related out-of-pocket economic costs. Non-economic damages that you may be able to recover include physical impairment, disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of consortium and wrongful death.
The following checklist is intended for people who have been hit by a car while riding their bicycle.
1) Check yourself for injuries. Being hit by a car while riding a bicycle is unexpected and unexpected. It is also a traumatic event. As soon as you gather your senses, you will most likely be in shock. Before you try to move around, make sure you don’t have any serious injuries. If you are injured in any way, whether you believe the injuries are serious or not, you must seek medical attention immediately.
2) If you are injured, call 911. If you are hit by a vehicle while riding your bicycle, you must call 911 so that police and paramedics can examine you. The police will look into the accident, and paramedics will assess you for any serious injuries.
3) Obtain contact information for witnesses. Gather any witnesses’ contact information. Obtain names, phone numbers, email addresses, and any other contact information they are willing to provide you with. Witnesses may not wait for the police to arrive. You must obtain their contact information before they depart.
4) Obtain a driver’s license and auto insurance. After an accident, Texas law requires a driver to provide identification and proof of auto liability insurance. Take a photo of the driver’s ID and insurance information with your cellphone if you have one.
5) Photograph the damage to your bike and vehicle, as well as the scene. Take pictures of the damage to your bike as well as any damage to the vehicle that hit you. Photograph the accident scene as well. Take photos of the direction you were going on your bike, as well as the direction you were coming from. Take photos of the direction in which the vehicle that hit you was traveling, as well as the direction in which they came from. Take photos of any on-the-ground debris from the collision, such as broken glass. Photograph any skid marks that may have been left on the ground.
NOTE: If you are unable to do any of the above, you must bring a friend or family member to the scene to assist you.
6) Inform the police of what occurred in the accident. Tell the police what happened when they arrive. The officer will speak to each person involved separately, away from the rest of the group. Inform the officer of what occurred so that your version of the accident is included in the police report.
7) Listen to the paramedics. If the paramedics advise you to go to the emergency room, you should do so. Paramedics are trained to look for signs of traumatic injuries that could be serious or even fatal. If they tell you to, go to the ER.
Before you do anything else if you have been injured due to an accident you need to hire a personal injury attorney. If you have been injured, you should consult with a personal injury attorney in Dallas. Before you hire a lawyer, do your research. Inquire with friends and family if they have any experience with personal injury lawyers who handle car or bicycle accidents. Actually speak with the attorney, not the claims manager. If you can’t reach the attorney or get a return call, don’t use them. Additional actions you should take to protect your rights are:
1) Be aware of your symptoms. If your symptoms worsen later in the day and you feel the need to go to the emergency room, do not hesitate. Go to the doctor and get yourself checked out.
2) Seek medical attention for any injuries you may have. If you are injured, you must consult with a medical professional. If you are unsure where to go, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can assist you in locating a medical provider who will see you for your injuries. If you are unable to pay for treatment, we can assist you in locating a medical facility that will defer billing until your insurance company pays for your injury.
3) Get an estimate for your bike’s damage. If your bicycle is damaged, you must be compensated for the damage. Some bicycles are very high priced. Get an estimate for your bicycle from a repair shop. If the damage is too severe for repairs, obtain documentation demonstrating the cost of replacing your bicycle (similar age and condition bicycle).
4) Photograph any visible injuries. If you do not provide proof of your visible injuries, such as any bruising, road rash, or lacerations, the insurance company will not believe you had any injuries that were visible.
5) If you are injured, do not speak with the automobile insurance adjuster. If you have been injured by a car, do not speak with the insurance adjuster. The insurance adjuster’s job is to try to reduce the amount of money paid by the insurance company for injury claims. They will deny your claim if they can. Adjusters ask questions in order to elicit responses that will allow them to deny a portion or all of a claim.
Hire a lawyer to represent you in speaking with the insurance company. An auto accident lawyer in Dallas who handles car accidents and bicycle accidents understands how to present your claim in a way that does not jeopardize your ability to collect compensation for your injuries.
6) Be careful about what you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster, investigator, and lawyers will see anything you post on social media. The insurance company will use anything they can find that you post on social media against your injury claim.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100, or contact us on our website contact form.BICYCLISTS HIT BY AUTOMOBILES
If you are hit by a car while riding your bike, your medical bills and time away from work can quickly add up. Often, the insurance company will fight, claiming that the bicyclist should have yielded to the car.
Bicyclists have the right to ride on public roads. Insurance adjusters treat a bicycler’s injury in an unfair and unjust manner, employing bias and broad generalizations to avoid paying for what their driver caused.
Bicycling can be a great way to exercise and get in shape. Cycling is one of the most effective cardiovascular workouts you can give your body. The impact on your joints and body, in general, is usually minimal as well (compared to other cardio exercising like running). Cycling is one of the world’s most popular forms of exercise.
Unfortunately, cycling can be dangerous due to the carelessness of some automobile drivers. Some drivers fail to pay attention to what is going on in front of or around them on the road. Drivers of automobiles can be quite dangerous to cyclists when they are distracted by cell phones, radios, or children yelling in the back seat. The automobile protects its driver, but a bicycle does not protect its rider. An automobile accident involving a bicycle can result in serious injuries or death.
We represent people who have been injured in bicycle accidents or who are the survivors of cyclists who have been killed in road accidents.
The injuries sustained in a bicycle accident can be severe. Spinal injuries to the back or neck, torn ACL of the knee, lacerations/cuts, broken bones, head or brain trauma injuries, or ligament damage are all possibilities. You may owe money on medical bills or have lost your job. You may be unable to carry out your normal daily activities. We can assist you in discussing your options and developing a strategy to address all of the problems listed above. Call our Dallas bicycle accident attorney to discuss your case.FREE CASE REVIEWS
For those looking for a Dallas bicycle accident lawyer, we provide free phone consultations and strategy sessions. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, the legal issues identified during the session, and identification of the most important of those legal issues to help you maximize your recovery on the case. We will email you a copy of this strategy session for your records.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury motor vehicle cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, drunk driver accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrians struck by vehicles, bicycles struck by vehicles, Dram Shop cases, and Wrongful Deaths caused by motor vehicle accidents).
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
The following types of injuries can occur (among others as well) in motor vehicle accidents involving bicycles:
- Auto Accident ACL Tear
- Brain Trauma from Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents
- Burns Injuries and Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Medical Terms
- Acute Injury Defined
- Adrenal Injury Defined
- Amnestic Injury Defined
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- PVD Eye Injury
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Eye Injury
- Detached Retina
- Ankle Injury
- Foot Injury
- Knee Injury
- Leg Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Shoulder Injury
- Eye Floater Injury
- Chest Injury
- Wrist Injury
- Hand Injury
- Arm Injury
- Facial Injury
Our firm has handled thousands of injury cases, including disputed claims, trials, and other difficulties encountered by those seeking compensation from insurance companies as a result of their injuries. Doug Goyen worked as an injury claims adjuster for the insurance industry for many years before becoming a lawyer in 1997. Doug Goyen graduated from SMU’s Dedman School of Law in 1997, was admitted to the Texas bar that same year, and has been handling auto accident injury cases since then. Our experience, knowledge, and training assist in ensuring that you have the best representation for your case.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
Please Review us at:
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Car Wrecks
- Bicycle Accidents
- DWI Accidents
- Dram Shop Accident
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death Cases
Related Personal Injury Pages: