Denton Car Accident Lawyer
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents residents of Denton, Texas in personal injuries caused by car accidents. We have settled thousands of auto accident cases for millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients. If you are looking for a Denton car accident lawyer call us at (972) 599 4100 or (855) 599 4100, or contact us on our website contact form.
The Texas Department of Transportation’s accident data from 2019 counted 3,547 auto accidents in Denton, Texas that year. Denton County had 12,124 accidents in that same time period. Another study, using the Transportation Departments’ data conducted in 2016 showed the top two intersections for the highest number of reported auto accidents in Denton were N Caroll Blvd and University Drive with 83 accidents from 2012 to 2015, and Dallas Dr and Teasley Ln with 59 accidents in that same period.
The Transportation Department’s data shows part of the increase in auto accidents in recent years is due to distracted driving, with drivers’ attention diverted to smartphones. Increased numbers of accidents cause an increased number of people who are injured in those accidents.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen helps people injured in auto accidents in a variety of ways. The following is a list of the more common ways we assist our clients:
- Getting medical bills caused by the accident paid by the insurance company. This includes hospital bills, doctors’ bills, diagnostic bills, therapy, medication, and any other bill related to treating an injury after an accident.
- Assisting clients who need help finding a medical facility that can treat them for their injuries after an accident.
- Assisting clients who cannot afford medical treatment for their injuries find medical facilities willing to defer collecting on the bills until the insurance company releases the funds for the injury claim.
- Helping our clients resolve liability issues so they can get their car fixed, get a rental car, get the towing and storage fees paid, and any other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
- Getting our clients reimbursed for lost time from work that resulted in lost earnings due to the accident.
- Getting our clients the full and fair settlement value of their personal injury claim so our clients are compensated for their injury.
What types of compensation are available if you are injured in a car accident? In most cases, victims of personal injury will be awarded both economic and non-economic damages. The specific damages available to you will be determined by the severity of your accident and the specific injuries you sustain.
Economic damages are paid to compensate you for the financial costs incurred as a result of an accident. These can include both your current out-of-pocket expenses and any reasonably anticipated costs. Medical expenses, nursing care, property damage, and lost wages during recovery are all examples of economic damages.
Non-economic damages are paid to compensate you for injuries and harms that do not have a monetary cost. These injuries are notoriously difficult to quantify, which is why a monetary award can vary greatly from case to case. Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and disfigurement are examples of non-economic damages.
COMMON CAUSES AND TYPES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
Though accidents are sometimes unavoidable, being aware of and driving defensively can help avoid some common causes of accidents, and can significantly reduce your risk of being involved in a car accident.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen to arrange a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers. Our attorneys can meet with you in the hospital, at your home, or at our offices to determine whether you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
The following are some of the most common causes and types of car accidents:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
TYPES OF INJURIES COMMONLY CAUSED BY AUTO ACCIDENTS
Injuries are common in car accidents. Victims of car accidents, whether caused by a head-on collision or a failure to yield the right of way, are rarely completely unharmed.
If you were hurt in a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, car repairs, and other expenses. An experienced auto accident attorney can assist you in sorting through your legal options.
As a result of a car accident, you could sustain a variety of injuries. Some injuries are minor and easily treated, while others are severe and have long-term physical and financial consequences.
Some of the injuries that can occur as a result of a car accident are as follows:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Trauma Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Internal Organ Injury such as Liver, Kidney, Adrenal Injury or Adrenal Hemorrhage
- Catastrophic Injury
- Neck and Back Injuries, including Whiplash Injury, Cervical Radiculopathy, Bulging Discs and Herniated Discs, Anterolisthesis Injury
- Facial Injury, including Orbital Fractures, Eye Injury, Detached Retina, PVD Eye Injury and Eye Floaters
- Leg Injury, including Knee Injury, ACL Knee Injury, Collateral Ligament Knee Injury,
- Shoulder Injury including Rotator Cuff Injury
- Ankle and Foot Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Chest Injury
- Arm Injury, Hand and Wrist Injury
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
- Wrongful Death
The following is a list of things you should do after being involved in an auto accident. The list includes things to do if you are injured in the accident and has specific information regarding Denton, Texas.
1. Check for any injuries. First, make sure you are not more injured than you realize. Car accidents are sudden, unexpected, and traumatic. People are often in shock right afterward and do not realize the severity of an injury. Check on your passengers, if they are not needing attention then check on the people in the other vehicles. If anyone is hurt get help.
2. Call 911 if anyone is injured. Tell the dispatcher there has been an accident and people are injured. The dispatcher will send police and paramedics to the scene. The police will secure the area, help tend to anyone injured, and then interview those involved in the accident. The paramedics will take over caring for people who are injured when they arrive.
3. Get witness information. Get the names, phone numbers, and other contact information from any witnesses. If they leave before you get their information you might not be able to locate them again. The other driver might be admitting fault at the scene so you do not feel you need witnesses, but the other driver might change their story when the police arrive, or when they talk to the insurance company later.
(Note: If you are unable to do this due to your injury, call a friend or family member to the scene to help you with these steps).
4. Exchange information with other drivers. Texas law requires drivers involved in auto accidents to exchange identification and auto liability insurance information. Take photos of the other driver’s ID and auto insurance so you have an accurate record.
5. Take photographs of the other vehicles involved and the scene of the accident. Take photos of the damage to each vehicle involved in the accident including your own. Take photos of the license plates of each vehicle.
Take photos of the scene of the accident – of any debris on the road from the accident, of any skid marks on the ground. Take photos of the roadway showing the lanes in the direction you were traveling just prior to the accident, and photos in the direction you came from. Take photos of the roadway in the direction the other driver was traveling, and in the direction, they were coming from.
6. Give the investigating officer your statement. Be sure to cooperate with the officer at the scene of the accident. Give them your statement about how the accident happened when it is your turn. The officer will ask each person involved to give their statement individually away from the other drivers. If you were injured or in any pain or discomfort from the accident let the officer know. The officer will include the information he is given in their accident report.
If you are looking for a copy of your accident report, the Denton Police Department reports can be ordered here:
All law enforcement agencies are required to turn their auto accident reports over to the Texas Department of Transportation. Usually, an accident report can be located on their online system within 2-3 weeks. You can search their database and order a copy of your accident report here: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports, Denton Police Public Records
7. Let the paramedics check your injury. If the paramedics advise you to go to the emergency room then you should go. Paramedics are trained and experienced in dealing with people injured in auto accidents and recognizing symptoms or signs that your injury might be more severe than it appears.
If you decide to drive or have someone drive you to the emergency room, the following emergency rooms are located in or around Denton, Texas:
- Medical City Denton Emergency Room – 3535 I-35E, Denton, Texas
- Surepoint Emergency Center Denton – 2426 Lillian Miller Pkwy, Denton, Texas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Denton Emergency Room – 3000 I-35, Denton, Texas
- TotalCare Emergency Room – 3111 Teasley Ln, Denton, Texas
- Baylor Scott&White The Heart Hospital Denton – 2801 S. Mayhill Rd, Denton, Texas
Nobody asks to be injured or in pain from an accident. If someone causes injury to another person through negligent behavior, Texas law recognized that the injured person should be compensated for the loss of their pre-injury and pre-damage condition. In order to protect your right to compensation, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer that handles auto accident cases. Make sure you speak to the lawyer before you hire them. Do not sign up with a law office based on speaking only to the case manager. Ask questions about anything you are concerned about regarding your case and what the lawyer will do to help you. Hire a lawyer that knows how to handle a personal injury case related to a car accident.
1. If you have been injured do not speak to the insurance company. The insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible on any injury claim. If they can get you to say something they can use to deny the claim, then they will do so. Have your attorney speak to the insurance company on your behalf if you have been injured in a car accident.
2. Set an appointment for follow-up care for your injury. If you cannot find a medical facility to see you or do not know where to go for treatment the Law Office of Doug Goyen can find a medical facility that will treat your injuries.
If you are worried about how you will be able to afford medical treatment for your injury, we can find medical facilities for you that will defer collecting their billing until the insurance company releases payment for your injury.
3. Photograph any visible injuries. Take pictures of your visible injuries such as bruising, cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. Insurance adjusters demand proof you were injured and if your injuries are visible then that is proof.
4. Get your own estimate for the repairs to your vehicle. Do not rely solely on the insurance company’s estimate. Insurance companies intentionally write their original estimates lower than what it will actually cost to repair your vehicle. They do this for the people who decide to pocket the money instead of having their vehicle repaired. For those who do get their vehicles repaired, the insurance company issues supplemental estimates to the body shop doing the repairs as the body shop works on your vehicle.
Problems arise when an insurance company decides to deny liability. If you are forced to file a lawsuit to get the money needed for the damage to your vehicle you do not want to rely on the insurance company’s original estimate – which is always written for less than the actual damage done. You want your own estimate showing what it will actually cost to repair your vehicle.
The following body shops are in or near Denton, Texas. Body shops typically write free estimates for people involved in car accidents. They want your business. You can get your estimate done at one of these shops, and get it repaired:
- Color Customs Collision – 936 Fort Worth Dr, Denton, Texas
- Caliber Collision – 718 N Elm St, Denton, Texas
- Gene’s Paint & Body Shop – 713 S. Locust St, Denton, Texas
- Franco’s Paint & Body Shop – 2271 N Masch Branch Rd, Bldg 3, Denton, Texas
- Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting – 2115 Sadau Court near Loop 288 and Colorado Blvd, Denton, Texas
- James Wood AutoPark Denton Body Shop and Collision Center – 3906 I-35E, Denton, Texas
When your vehicle is in the body shop being repaired if you need a rental car many rental car agencies will set up a direct bill with the insurance company. If they can do so, this means the rental company will send their bill directly to the insurance company for payment. Rental Car Agencies in or near Denton, Texas are:
- Budget Car Rental – 2324 San Jacinto Blvd #219, Denton, Texas
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 602 Fort Worth Dr, Denton, Texas
- Avis Car Rental – 1610 W University Dr, Denton, Texas
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 803 W University Dr, Denton, Texas
- Hertz – 5050 Warbird Dr, Denton, Texas
5. Keep all receipts and bills for anything you have paid or anything you owe due to the accident. Give a copy of anything you have to your lawyer so they can get reimbursement for you in your claim.
6. Be careful about what you are posting on social media. Just assume everything you post will be read by the insurance adjuster or the lawyers for the insurance company.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases all over Texas. This includes motor vehicle accidents including (car crash cases, 18-wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, bicyclists struck by vehicles, drunk driving accidents, and wrongful death cases from accidents).
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
We charge a contingency fee for personal injury cases where our clients have been injured in car accidents. A contingency fee means that we take a percentage of whatever we can recover for your injury claim. This type of fee aligns our interests with your interests in the case. The better we do for you, the better we are paid. There is no fee if you do not win.FREE CASE REVIEWS
The Law Office of Doug Goyen offers free phone consultations and free strategy sessions regarding your personal injury case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved, and identification of the most important legal issues to maximize your recovery. We email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep.DENTON, TEXAS INFORMATION
Denton, Texas is a city with a 2019 estimated population of 141,541. It is also the county seat of Denton County. Denton is the 11th largest city in the DFW Metroplex. Denton is located 40 miles south of Oklahoma and 40 miles north of Dallas.
Denton is known as a college town. It is the home to Univ of North Texas (UNT) and Texas Woman’s University (TWU) – both combined have an enrollment of over 45,000 students. Denton was formed in 1857 and named after John B. Denton. Denton was named one of the top 100 places to live by Money magazine in 2006.VISITORS TO DENTON WHO ARE INVOLVED IN ACCIDENTS
If you are visiting Denton, Texas, and are involved in an auto accident, you may find yourself in need of temporary lodging and food as a result of the accident and need to stay in Denton for an extended period of time as a result of the accident. Denton is home to the following restaurants, hotels, and attractions.
Denton has a variety of hotels for visitors, including Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center at 3100 Town Center Tr, SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denton at 1434 Centre Pl Dr, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton-Unt-TWU at 4485 I-35, and Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Denton at 2900 W University, all in Denton.
You can get some local Denton flavor at the following Restaurants, including Rooster’s Roadhouse at 113 Industrial St, LSA Burger Co. on 113 W. Hickory St, Giuseppe’s Italian Restaurant at 821 N Locust St, Pizza Snob at 321 W. Hickory St, and Layalina Mediterranean Restaurant and Hookah Lounge at 222 W. Hickory St.
People looking for activities in Denton have many options including visiting the Denton County Courthouse-on-the Square Museum, the Explorium – Denton Children’s Museum, or the Bayless Selby house museum.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented Denton residents as a Denton car accident lawyer since 1997. Call us at (972) 599 4100 or (855) 599 4100 or use our website contact form.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
Directions to our office from Denton are as follows: Head south on I-35 and exit the George Bush Tollway heading east. Stay on the George Bush until you come to the North Dallas Tollway. Head south on the North Dallas Tollway. Stay on the North Dallas Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road and pass Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
Community Pages near Denton
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Arlington, Texas
- Sherman, Texas
- McKinney, Texas
- Frisco, Texas
- Plano, Texas
- Grapevine, Texas
- Bedford, Texas
- Lewisville, Texas
- Flower Mound, Texas
- Azle, Texas
- Wichita Falls
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer
- Denton Car Accident Lawyer
- Denton Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Denton DWI Accident Lawyer
- Denton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Denton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Denton Truck Accident Lawyer
- Denton Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Liability Insurance in Auto Accidents
- Medical Payments Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Garland Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Community Car Accident Pages near Denton
- Arlington, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Irving, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Dallas, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Fort Worth, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grapevine, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Cleburne, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Bedford, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Benbrook, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Burleson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Azle, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me