Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone close to you was injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, whether it was a slip-and-fall, an auto accident, or a more complex personal injury law matter, you have the right to hire a Grand Prairie personal injury lawyer and seek fair compensation. Everyone is responsible for acting reasonably to avoid causing harm and catastrophic injury to others. Those who fail must bear the consequences.
We have built our careers at the Law Office of Doug Goyen on holding negligent individuals and businesses accountable. Since our inception in 1997, we have assisted countless injury victims in obtaining full and fair compensation for their personal injury or the wrongful death of a loved one. We are proud of the fact that we are driven to produce results for everyone we serve.
We are here to help if you or someone you care about has been injured and requires legal representation.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen’s experienced team has the knowledge and resources to assist you in fighting for the restitution you deserve. People are frequently overwhelmed by the complex process of filing a claim, gathering evidence, and presenting it in court. With the assistance of a skilled trial attorney, you will be guided through every step of your journey toward receiving financial assistance to properly heal.
You will be competing with large, powerful insurance companies. They have most likely fought and won similar claims in the past. Without the assistance of a legal professional with a proven track record, you will be at a significant disadvantage and will almost certainly lose your case. Even if you do not believe you require legal representation, whoever you are suing will retain one, and you are entitled to the same level of legal representation as the defendant in your civil suit. Your lawyer fights for you and acts on your behalf, relieving you of the burden of dealing with a lawsuit.
If you have been seriously injured, contact a Grand Prairie personal injury lawyer at (972) 599 4100 to determine whether you are entitled to compensation.
Actions taken immediately after an injury can affect your ability to pursue legal action in the future. The injury must first and foremost be documented at the scene of the accident. If you are injured at work, make sure the incident report is completed. Depending on the seriousness of your injuries, you may need to contact the police and Emergency Services to document your case and provide emergency medical care.
Second, whether or not you believe you have been seriously injured, it is critical to seek medical attention following a personal injury. In fact, some injuries can take hours or days to manifest. You will lose the ability to properly document your injuries if you wait until your symptoms worsen before seeking medical attention.
Finally, if your injuries are severe or long-term, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer with local trial experience about your potential legal case. They will be able to advise you on your next steps. Not every injury gives rise to a strong legal claim. Hiring a personal injury attorney early in the process, on the other hand, can increase the likelihood that you will have a strong case because they will have more time to gather the necessary evidence.
You can count on our firm to aggressively pursue the best financial recovery possible for you. We may seek the following restitution on your behalf:
- Medical expenses – Any and all reasonable and necessary medical care, treatment, and services you have received or will require in the future to address the harm caused by another.
- Income lost – The recovery of all past and future earnings and profits, including any fringe benefits, bonuses, commissions, and other income you would have received had you not been injured.
- Compensation for pain and suffering – Compensation for the pain and discomfort you have experienced and will continue to experience as a result of an injury. Compensation for past and future pain and suffering is allowed based on a jury’s common sense, knowledge, and sense of justice. In order to settle a claim, the value of pain and suffering is determined by imagining what a jury – who does not know anyone involved – will think the value is.
- Loss of services – A husband or wife is entitled to compensation if they are unable to perform their normal household duties as a result of the injury.
- Property damage – In an accident case, property damage such as damage to your car, computer, phone, or glasses is recoverable. Damages include loss of use of your property, storage and towing, total loss of property, and diminished value of property.
- Mental anguish in the past and in the future – How your physical injury has caused significant mental anguish, beyond disappointment, resentment, embarrassment, or anger, and how it will continue to do so in the future. Damages to help you deal with depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues brought on by your injuries.
- Physical impairment in the past and in the future – How you have been physically impaired in the past and how you will be physically impaired in the future as a result of your injury. Physical impairment is Texas’ definition of “loss of enjoyment of life.” A type of rehabilitation that focuses on how a disability will affect your ability to engage in normal daily activities.
- Disfigurement in the past and future – How the injury physically disfigured you in the past and how it will physically disfigure you in the future.
- Compensation for loss of consortium – Compensation for loss of consortium can be sought in a separate but related claim. These damages are typically sought by a spouse who has lost a loved one’s intimacy, companionship, and services as a result of another’s wrongful conduct.
- Wrongful death – The Texas Wrongful Death Act and the Texas Survival Statute both specify the types of damages that can be recovered when a family member is killed due to negligence. Please see those pages for more information on what wrongful death damages you may be able to recover.
Personal injuries caused by negligence can result in the following types of injuries (among others):
- Catastrophic injuries – A catastrophic injury is one in which a person’s life is forever altered negatively as a result of the injury. Catastrophic injuries can have a negative impact on a person’s physical appearance, mobility, mental capacity, and overall ability to enjoy life. They typically necessitate extensive surgery, hospitalization, long-term medical treatment, rehabilitation, and a lengthy recovery period. Paralysis, amputations, and loss of body parts or bodily functions, loss of senses such as vision or hearing, traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries, nerve and neurological injuries, and chronic pain are all examples of catastrophic injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries and Head Trauma – While any injury has the potential to be fatal, head and brain injuries are among the most dangerous. Severe brain injuries are frequently fatal due to the fragility of the skull and brain.
- Traumatic Facial Injury – Injuries to the mouth, face, and jaw are examples of facial injuries. These range from minor cuts and lacerations on the face to more serious issues such as broken teeth and facial bones. There is a possibility of fractures in the lower or upper jaw, palate, cheekbones, or eye sockets.
- Injury to the Eye as a Result of a Traumatic Event – Eye injuries from trauma include black eyes, bleeding in the eye, burns and irritation, corneal abrasions, injuries from a foreign object, orbital fractures, retinal detachments, PVD injuries, and floaters from PVDs or retinal detachments or fractures (trauma).
- Neck Injuries – The vertebrae, spinal cord, nerves, discs, windpipe, esophagus, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and blood vessels comprise the neck. Any of these parts of the neck can be injured in a car accident. Spinal cord injuries are among the most serious injuries in personal injury cases, as they can result in paralysis.
- Injuries to the Shoulder – Our shoulders and rotator cuffs act as pivot points from which we can move our arms freely. With healthy shoulders, you can carry items, drive a car, put on clothes, cook, clean, do yard work, and perform a variety of other arm-related tasks. Shoulder injuries limit our ability to do almost any job until the pain subsides.
- Back Injuries – A traumatic injury is a back injury caused by a car accident. Depending on the type of injury, the treatment will differ. Sprains and strains are frequently treated differently than spinal fractures. The type of doctor to see for a back injury differs as well. Back injuries involving spinal cord injury can result in paralysis.
- Chest Wall Injuries – Auto accident chest wall injuries include sternal fractures, shoulder girdle fractures, contusions and hematomas, rib fractures, and flail chest.
- Injuries to the pelvis and hips – A pelvic or hip injury can be extremely debilitating. These injuries can result from a direct hit, a severe twisting motion, or even a compression-type motion seen in trip and fall accidents and car accidents.
- Leg Injuries – As a result of a car accident, people can sustain a variety of leg injuries. Among them are fractures, abrasions, lacerations, Achilles tendon ruptures, dislocations, knee injuries, ankle injuries, and foot injuries.
- Knee Injuries – Knee injuries are common among car accident victims, and they include soft tissue, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and joint damage. A collision impact can cause a fracture, dislocation, cartilage tear, sprain, or strain due to the blunt force trauma or twisting.
- Ankle Injuries – Ankle injuries are severe injuries that can occur as a result of a car accident. In order to receive the compensation you deserve in your case, you will need to hire a personal injury attorney who specializes in car wreck injuries if you are looking for an ankle injury accident lawyer.
- Foot Injuries – Trauma-related foot injuries include bruises (contusions), puncture wounds, ligament injuries that support your joints, tendon injuries, such as ruptured tendons in your heel, joint injuries (sprains), pulled muscles (strains), broken bones or fractures, dislocations, and compartment syndrome.
- Injuries from Burns – Past expenses in a major burn case can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Intensive care by specially trained personnel using specialized medical equipment and supplies is usually followed by physical therapy and multiple surgeries as the initial treatment.
- Wrongful Death – In almost any type of negligence case, including car accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, premises liability cases, workplace accidents, and other personal injury cases, wrongful death can occur. In some personal injury cases, the victim is killed as a result of another person’s negligence.
During a personal injury lawsuit in Texas, the burden of proving someone’s liability falls on the injured party’s side of the case. This is why it is critical to retain the services of an experienced Grand Prairie personal injury attorney to handle your claim. Your lawyer will have experience proving negligence and convincing a judge or jury to side with you based on the evidence. Your lawyer will need to demonstrate four key elements in order to obtain a settlement or jury verdict on your behalf:
There is a duty of care that is owed. The defendant (the person allegedly at fault for your injuries) must have owed you a duty to exercise reasonable care at the time of your accident.
A duty of care was breached. The defendant must have intentionally or recklessly breached a duty of care to you in a way that a prudent party would not have. Your attorney will need to prove a connection between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and your accident.
Sustained damages Your accident lawyer will also need proof that you were harmed as a result of the defendant’s actions, such as hospital bills or lost wages.
A personal injury lawyer with years of experience will know exactly how to shape your case for the best possible chances of success. At the Law Office of Doug Goyen, we understand the rules of personal injury lawsuits in Texas and have a network with local courthouses. Hiring a Grand Prairie personal injury lawyer from our firm can increase your chances of receiving a fair compensation award.
The experienced team at the Law Office of Doug Goyen has the knowledge and resources to help you fight for the restitution you deserve. The complicated process of filing a claim, gathering evidence, and presenting it in court frequently overwhelms people. You will be guided through every step of your journey toward receiving financial assistance to properly heal with the help of a skilled trial attorney.
You’ll be up against large, powerful insurance companies. They have almost certainly litigated and won similar claims in the past. You will be at a significant disadvantage without the assistance of a legal professional with a proven track record, and you will almost certainly lose your case. Even if you do not believe you need legal representation, the person or entity you are suing will, and you are entitled to the same level of legal representation as the defendant in your civil suit. Your lawyer fights for you and acts on your behalf, relieving you of the stress of a lawsuit.
If you have been seriously injured, call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599-4100 to see if you are eligible for compensation.
If you have been injured in an accident, your first priority should be to seek medical attention. If you suspect that someone else was at fault, your next step should be to consult with an attorney about your options. You can consult with one of our specialists at the Law Office of Doug Goyen for free to determine whether you have a case.
It is critical to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. Here are some of the reasons:
It’s possible that the statute of limitations has expired. A statute of limitations is, in essence, a time limit. Each state has its own statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim. This means that if you fail to file your claim within the statute of limitations, you will lose your right to file your claim at all. It is best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible following the accident.
You might be confused about the specifics of your accident. Many factors may be at play when accidents occur, and the circumstances may be complicated. You may be wondering if the other party was entirely to blame for your injury, or if you were also partially to blame. You should consult with your own attorney before making any statements or signing anything with an insurance company or opposing legal counsel. This can assist you in avoiding costly errors that could jeopardize your case in the long run.
You’re worried about how you’ll provide for your family. Many people who are involved in an unexpected accident are unable to work. They may be unable to work temporarily or permanently. Medical bills can add to your existing debts. It’s difficult to imagine how you’ll pay your bills, provide for your family, and recover from your accident. A knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorney can advise you on what to expect, allowing you to confidently plan ahead of time.
Following an injury, it is critical to consult with a Grand Prairie personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. It can mean the difference between a successful claim in which you receive the compensation you deserve and a stressful, difficult process in which you receive far less than you deserve.
If you want to maximize your chances of recovery, you need a legal team that knows how to fight for you. The Law Office of Doug Goyen is that team, with a long history of defending clients like you. We are proud of our track record of winning millions of dollars for our clients, and we would be honored to fight for you as well. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We can get started on your case right away.
The vast majority of cases are settled with either the defendant or an insurance company. Only a small percentage of personal injury cases go to trial. Unfortunately, the time it takes to reach an agreement is difficult to predict and can vary greatly. A claim involving serious injuries and a large sum of money, in general, will take longer to settle because the insurer will fight it harder. It may take longer to reach a settlement if the case is complicated or liability is unclear. Hiring an attorney may persuade an insurer to make a fair offer earlier in the process because they are less likely to exploit you.TYPES OF CASES OUR GRAND PRAIRIE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS HANDLE
- Car accidents – Car accidents are the cause of a large number of personal injury cases, and they frequently result in serious injuries or death. Many of these cases involve permanent impairment, disfigurement, or long-term medical conditions that will affect the injured person indefinitely.
- Truck accidents – There are an alarming number of commercial truck accidents in the Dallas area, which frequently result in serious or catastrophic injuries or death. These are complex cases involving multiple liable parties.
- Motorcycle accidents – If a motorcycle is hit by another vehicle, the rider is far more likely to suffer catastrophic injuries or death. Long-term effects are frequently severe, resulting in disabilities such as brain damage or spinal cord injuries.
- Pedestrian-involved accidents – The area’s heavy traffic, as well as the high number of distracted and drunk drivers, have all contributed to an alarming number of pedestrian accidents. These collisions are frequently fatal. If the victim survives, he or she may suffer from permanent disabilities or other serious health problems.
- Bicycle Accidents – If a bicyclist is involved in an accident with another vehicle, they are at a high risk of serious injury or death. We represent cyclists injured in accidents in Dallas, Fort Worth, and throughout North Texas.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – Representing victims of drunk drivers who cause motor vehicle collisions. We represent people who have been injured by drunk drivers or the families of those who have died as a result of drunk driving. Victims of drunk drivers may be able to recover compensation from bars, restaurants, and other establishments that over-serve alcohol to obviously intoxicated patrons who then go out and injure or kill others under the Dram Shop Act.
- Premises liability claims – Include issues such as inadequate security, but slip-and-fall injuries are far and away the most common. In most cases, an injured person must show that the property owner either created the dangerous condition or was aware of it prior to the fall and did nothing to warn the injured person.
- Slips and Falls – If you fell as a result of someone else’s negligence, you’ll need an attorney who is familiar with slip and fall law and property owner liability.
- Construction Accidents – If you were injured on a construction site, you may be able to get the care and compensation you need under certain laws. Call us today to learn more.
- Workplace Injury Cases – Injured on the Job and Injured in the Workplace: We represent people who have been injured at work as a result of the negligence of a third party, such as another employee, a vendor or the vendor’s employer, another company doing work in the same location, an auto collision, or other negligence-related causes of injury.
- Dog Bite Cases – Injured by a Dog Bite or Animal Attack: We represent people who have been injured as a result of a dog bite or other animal attack caused by the owner’s negligence.
- Wrongful Death – It is always tragic to lose someone you care about. When that loss is the result of someone else’s negligence, you need a wrongful death lawyer who is both understanding and experienced to handle your case and help prevent it from happening to anyone else.
The personal injury attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we are not paid unless we win your case. As a result, regardless of wealth or income, anyone can afford to hire the best legal counsel. You make no upfront or out-of-pocket payments, and our fee will never exceed the amount paid to you. You owe us nothing if we are unable to reach a settlement or verdict on your behalf. That is our no-fee guarantee: there is no fee if we do not win.
Anyone who has been involved in an accident is welcome to receive a free consultation with a Grand Prairie personal injury lawyer. We always pay the same amount of attention to each client. Our professional staff will meet with you to discuss the situation and take the necessary steps to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your pain and suffering. We never charge any fees to our clients unless we win.
For a free consultation and case evaluation, call 972-599-4100.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
Other Grand Prairie Pages
- Grand Prairie Car Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie DWI Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Truck Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Wrongful Death Lawyer
Community Pages near Grand Prairie
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Arlington, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Irving, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Fort Worth, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grapevine, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Cleburne, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Bedford, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Benbrook, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Burleson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Azle, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Richardson Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Carrollton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Mesquite Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Allen Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rockwall Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Farmers Branch Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Addison Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Balch Springs Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Flower Mound Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rowlett Personal Injury Attorney near me