Irving Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you care about was injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, whether it was a slip-and-fall, an auto accident, or a more complex personal injury law matter, you have the right to hire an Irving personal injury lawyer and seek fair compensation. Everyone is responsible for acting with reasonable care in order to avoid causing harm and catastrophic injury to others. Those who fail should face consequences.
At the Law Office of Doug Goyen, we have built our careers on holding negligent individuals and businesses accountable. We have helped countless injury victims recover full and fair compensation for their personal injury or the wrongful death of a loved one since our inception in 1997. We are proud of the fact that we are motivated to achieve results for everyone we represent.
If you or someone you care about has been injured and requires legal counsel, we are here to assist.
When you’ve been injured or lost a loved one, the legal representation you choose is important. When selecting a law firm, look for one that has a proven track record of success as well as the respect of its peers. You want to know that you will get the best possible outcome and that you and your family will receive the individual attention and care that you deserve.
Experience – You can be confident that your case is in the best possible hands at the Law Office of Doug Goyen. Our personal injury attorneys have over 23 years of combined experience in personal injury law. During that time, we’ve built a solid reputation as knowledgeable lawyers and tough courtroom advocates. Allow us to put our expertise and experience to work for you.
Client Satisfaction – The attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen have received high ratings for client satisfaction. Our entire team will work tirelessly not only to obtain a fair settlement for you, but also to make you and your family as comfortable as possible throughout the legal process. We will keep you updated on the status of your case at all times. See what our previous personal injury clients have to say about working with the Law Office of Doug Goyen.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen achieves results. To build your case, we collaborate with a network of expert witnesses, investigators, and medical personnel. We will not settle for less than you deserve as experienced negotiators, and we will fight for you in court if your case goes to trial.
The burden of proving someone’s liability falls on the injured party’s side of the case during a personal injury lawsuit in Texas. This is why it is critical to hire an experienced Irving personal injury lawyer to handle your claim on your behalf. Your attorney will have experience proving negligence and persuading a judge or jury to agree with your side based on the evidence. To obtain a settlement or jury verdict on your behalf, your lawyer will need to demonstrate four key elements:
There is a duty of care owed. The person allegedly at fault for your injuries (the defendant) must have owed you a duty to exercise reasonable care at the time of your accident.
A duty of care was violated. The defendant must have intentionally or carelessly breached a duty of care to you in a way that another prudent party would not have.
The link between the two has been established. Your attorney will need to establish a link between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and your accident.
Damages sustained Your accident lawyer will also require proof that you suffered damages as a result of the defendant’s actions, such as hospital bills or lost wages.
A lawyer with years of experience representing personal injury claims will know exactly how to shape your case for the best possible chances of success. We understand the rules of personal injury lawsuits in Texas and have a network with local courthouses at the Law Office of Doug Goyen. Hiring an Irving personal injury attorney from our firm can greatly improve your chances of receiving a fair compensation award.
You can rely on our law firm to aggressively pursue the best possible financial recovery for you. We may seek the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical expenses – All reasonable and necessary medical care, treatment, and services you have received and will require in the future to address the harm caused by another.
- Income loss – A recovery of all lost past and future earnings and profits, including any fringe benefits, bonuses, commissions, and other income you would have received if you had not been injured.
- Compensation for pain and suffering – Compensation for the pain and discomfort you have experienced and are likely to experience in the future as a result of a permanent disability.
- Physical impairment – A type of recovery that focuses on the impact a disability will have on your ability to engage in normal daily activities.
- Mental anguish – Compensation for depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues caused by your injuries.
- Disfigurement – Damages intended to compensate you for any scarring or disfigurement caused by your injury.
- Loss of consortium – Compensation for loss of consortium may be sought in a separate but related claim. These damages are typically sought by a spouse who has lost the intimacy, companionship, and services of a loved one as a result of another’s wrongful conduct.
- Wrongful death – See our wrongful death section for more information on the specific types of damages that may be sought in such cases.
The actions you take immediately following an injury can have an impact on your ability to pursue legal action in the future. First and foremost, the injury must be documented at the scene of the accident. If you are hurt at a business, make sure the incident report is completed. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may need to contact the police and Emergency Services in order to document your case and provide emergency medical care.
Second, regardless of whether you believe you have been seriously injured, it is critical to seek medical treatment following a personal injury. Some injuries, in fact, can take hours or days to manifest. If you wait until your symptoms worsen before seeking medical attention, you will lose the ability to properly document your injuries.
Finally, if your injuries are severe or long-lasting, it is time to consult with a personal injury lawyer with local trial experience about your potential legal case. They will be able to advise you on the next steps to take. Not all injuries give rise to strong legal claims. Hiring a personal injury lawyer early in the process, on the other hand, can increase the likelihood that you will have a strong case because they will have a better opportunity to gather the necessary evidence.
The statute of limitations in Texas for personal injury cases varies according to the type and specific circumstances of your case. In Texas, injured parties generally have two years from the date of the injury to file a claim. If your case involves a government entity, you will also have a shorter filing deadline. Because there are numerous circumstances and factors to consider in your claim, it is critical that you consult with an attorney as soon as possible following your accident. This prevents you from missing any applicable deadlines and, as a result, losing your right to compensation from the responsible party.PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS PROCESS
Accidents can occur in a variety of ways and cause a wide range of pain and suffering. When you are injured as a result of someone else’s carelessness, it can add a new layer of stress and frustration to your life. Personal injury lawyers require in-depth knowledge, which our team of legal professionals possesses. From start to finish, we will walk you through the steps. Beginning with the accident, continuing through medical treatment, dealing with the insurance company, and the legal process. Our firm is dedicated to its clients and is available to them at all times.
The cost of a personal injury lawyer varies greatly depending on your case, injuries, and circumstances. At the Law Office of Doug Goyen, we only represent clients on a contingency fee basis.
There are no upfront fees to retain an attorney under this agreement, and there are no ongoing fees throughout the duration of the litigation. All legal fees are advanced, and clients only pay any associated costs if your case is successful. If we don’t win, you don’t have to pay anything.
This arrangement enables those who have suffered financial losses as a result of a serious accident to obtain the high-quality legal representation they deserve. Furthermore, this enables us to provide the best representation possible without being constrained by payments or legal costs.TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
Our law firm has experience handling a wide range of personal injury and fatal accident cases, including those involving:
- Accidents involving motor vehicles, such as car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents involving large commercial vehicles
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Cases involving catastrophic injuries, such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, burn injuries, and amputations, fall under the purview of personal injury law.
- Cases involving premises liability, such as slip-and-fall, trip-and-fall, and negligent security claims
- Dog bites
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
A personal injury can result from any of the situations mentioned above, in which a person is injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. Any of these scenarios can result in a variety of serious and catastrophic injuries. Contact an Irving personal injury lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen today if you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident and are looking for representation.
Anyone who has been in an accident is welcome to get a free consultation. We always give each client the same level of attention. Our professional staff will discuss the situation with you and take the necessary steps to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your pain and suffering. We never charge our clients any fees unless we win.
Call 972-599-4100 for a free consultation and case evaluation.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Pages near Irving
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Arlington, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Fort Worth, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grapevine, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Cleburne, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Bedford, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Benbrook, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Burleson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Azle, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Richardson Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Carrollton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Mesquite Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Allen Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rockwall Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Farmers Branch Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Addison Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Balch Springs Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Flower Mound Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rowlett Personal Injury Attorney near me