Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen handle a wide range of personal injury cases. Learn more about our practice areas by clicking on the topic-specific links, and then contact our personal injury attorneys to schedule a free initial consultation. The consultation is free, and there are no fees unless we recover money for you. Our Fort Worth personal injury lawyer has handled numerous personal injury cases in Fort Worth and has all of the necessary expertise to file your claim and get you through this painful process as soon as possible. We are here to fight for your rights and to fight for you!
Our personal injury team at the Law Office of Doug Goyen will take immediate, strategic, and aggressive action on your case to obtain the maximum compensation you deserve.
Since 1997, the legal team at the Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented Texas residents in need of a Fort Worth personal injury lawyer in negligence cases. Our highly skilled legal team has successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases, including the following:
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
Suffering an injury through no fault of your own can devastate your life. In addition to dealing with the pain caused by your injury, you may be faced with mounting medical bills and expenses while being unable to work. It can cause a great deal of stress for you and your family members.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen's personal injury attorneys will assist you. Our attorneys solely represent injured victims and their families throughout Texas.
A personal injury occurs when you or a loved one is harmed as a result of another person's, company's, or government agency's intentional, reckless, or negligent wrongdoing. You have the right to seek full and fair compensation for your losses under Texas law.
Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights, options, and what to expect when you work with our firm. We give each of our clients the individual attention they deserve. We believe they should be treated with respect, compassion, and professionalism by a lawyer who understands the gravity of their situation.
We take the time to get to know our clients and understand their goals. We promptly respond to their questions and ensure that they are kept up to date at all stages of their case.HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A CASE FOR PERSONAL INJURY?
If you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person or entity, the two main bases for determining whether you have a case are liability and damages. To file a personal injury claim in Texas, the plaintiff must be able to demonstrate that the defendant is responsible for the injuries and, if so, what the nature and extent of the damages are. If these two elements can be proven, you may have a case, which we recommend you discuss with a personal injury lawyer.
If our firm accepts your injury case, we will handle everything, including:
- Conducting an in-depth investigation into your case to determine how your injury occurred and who should be held legally responsible for the harm you have suffered.
- Consultation with highly qualified experts from various fields, such as accident reconstruction experts and medical professionals.
- Analyzing your medical records and other data to fully calculate your losses and the appropriate amount to seek in your case.
- Examining all relevant insurance policies in your case and dealing with insurance companies on your behalf
- All documents, including claims with insurance companies and documents in the court where your case will be litigated, must be filed on time.
- Negotiating with insurance companies for a fair and timely settlement of your claim, as well as structuring a settlement to provide financial security for you and your family for the foreseeable future.
- When necessary, skillfully litigating your case in a Texas state or federal court and handling all post-trial legal matters.
- Resolving any liens that may have been attached to your compensation, such as health care or workers' compensation liens.
Our Texas personal injury attorneys can help you focus on your recovery and your family while we seek fair compensation for your losses.
Every personal injury case is different, and a variety of factors influence the amount of compensation you will receive in your case. Personal injury damages may include the following:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Property Damage and costs related to the property damage
- Past and Future Pain and Suffering
- Past and Future Mental Anguish
- Past and Future Lost Earning Capacity
- Past and Future Physical Impairment
- Past and Future Disfigurement
- Past and Future Loss of Services
- Past and Future Loss of Consortium
- And other damages
In a personal injury claim, there is no set amount that you are entitled to. Compensation can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors, including:
- Your injuries' nature and severity
- The total amount of money you owe for medical bills
- Any additional medical expenses incurred as a result of the injury, such as ongoing physical therapy and prescriptions
- Any pain and suffering you have endured
- The level of carelessness that contributed to your accident
- How those injuries will affect your future.
Consulting an experienced personal injury attorney is frequently the best way to obtain an accurate estimate of the damages you may be entitled to recover in your personal injury claim.
The most common personal injury claims in Fort Worth cover a wide range of injuries caused by accidents or other negligent acts. The following are some of the most common serious personal injuries sustained in accidents:
- Head Injuries and Traumatic brain injuries.
- Back injuries including spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
- Whiplash and neck injuries including spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
- Facial injuries including injuries to the eyes
- Internal organ injuries.
- Fractures and broken bones.
- Disfiguring facial injuries and scars.
- Limb loss and amputation.
- Knee injuries including torn ACLs.
- Foot and ankle injuries.
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff injuries.
- Wrist and hand injuries.
- Lacerations, bruises, and serious abrasions such as “road rash.”
- Burn injuries.
- Soft-tissue injuries.
Personal injury cases are typically based on a negligence standard, and plaintiffs must demonstrate that the defendants' conduct amounted to negligence in order to succeed in their personal injury claims. To establish negligence, the following four elements must be proven:
That the defendant had a duty of care to the plaintiff. This is not a difficult standard to prove because everyone has a duty to act reasonably when engaging in any type of conduct or activity that has the potential to harm another person. For example, if you are backing out of a driveway, you have a responsibility to look behind you and ensure that your path is clear so that you do not collide with any person or vehicle that may be in your path.
That the defendant failed to fulfill their duty of care. In most cases, the standard for determining whether or not the defendant breached their duty of care is reasonableness. A plaintiff must present evidence demonstrating that in a similar situation, a reasonable person would not have engaged in the same conduct or behavior as the defendant. In some cases, such as a medical malpractice case, the standard may be different, as a plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant's treatment and care fell below the medical standard of care.
That the plaintiff was harmed as a result of the defendant's breach of duty. A defendant will not be held liable for breaching a duty of care unless the plaintiff can demonstrate actual injuries and damages.
That the defendant's breach of duty caused the plaintiff's injuries. Finally, the plaintiff must demonstrate that the injuries would not have occurred if the defendant had not breached his or her duty of care. In other words, the plaintiff's injuries were caused by the defendant's actions or inaction.
The statute of limitations in Texas for personal injury cases varies according to the type and specific circumstances of your case. In general, injured parties in Texas have two years from the date of injury to file a claim. If your case involves a government entity you will have a shorter filing deadline. Because there are numerous circumstances and factors to consider in your claim, it is critical that you consult with an attorney as soon as possible following your accident. This prevents you from missing any applicable deadlines and, as a result, losing your right to compensation from the responsible party.WHAT IS THE COST OF A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
At the Law Office of Doug Goyen, we only represent clients on a contingency fee basis.
There are no upfront fees to retain an attorney under this agreement, and there are no ongoing fees throughout the duration of the litigation. All legal fees are advanced, and clients only pay any associated costs if your case is successful. If we don't win, you don't have to pay anything.
This arrangement enables those who have suffered financial losses as a result of a serious accident to obtain the high-quality legal representation they deserve. Furthermore, this enables us to provide the best representation possible without being constrained by payments or legal costs.
Because our personal injury lawyers handle cases on a contingency fee basis, a consultation with a personal injury lawyer to discuss a potential case is free. This is a performance-based contract, which means that the more we do for you, the more we get paid. In a personal injury case, this type of contract aligns our interests with those of our client.
- Fort Worth Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Distracted Driving Lawyer
- Fort Worth DWI Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Head-On Collision Lawyer
- Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer
- Fort Worth Side-Impact Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Tailgating Lawyer
- Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Wrongful Death Attorney
- Intersection Accident Lawyer
- Rear-End Accident Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Richardson Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Carrollton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Mesquite Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Allen Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rockwall Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Farmers Branch Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Addison Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Balch Springs Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Flower Mound Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rowlett Personal Injury Attorney near me
Community Car Accident Pages near Fort Worth
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Arlington, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Irving, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Fort Worth, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grapevine, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Cleburne, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Bedford, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Benbrook, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Burleson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Azle, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me