Fort Worth Tailgating
If you were injured in an accident caused by a tailgating driver, you may have a claim against the driver who was negligent in causing your injuries. Accident victims can reach a Fort Worth car accident lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100. The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides experienced, aggressive, and powerful representation. If you require the services of a Fort Worth tailgating lawyer, Attorney Goyen has over 23 years of experience dealing with auto claims and lawsuits, settling thousands of cases, and obtaining millions of dollars for our clients.
Tailgaters cause serious accidents on Texas highways. Tailgaters are an aggressive type of driver. Every day in Texas, these types of drivers cause car accidents that result in injuries. If you were injured by one of these reckless drivers, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Please contact us to discuss your legal options.
Even with fewer drivers on the road in 2020 due to the pandemic, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported a 12% increase in traffic fatalities compared to the same period in 2019. Unsafe driving practices, such as tailgating, are major contributors to this increase.
People are often in shock after an accident because it was unexpected, traumatic, and unexpected. Things can become perplexing in such a situation. It’s a good idea to keep a checklist to help you stay on track. Examine your passengers. Then, check on the passengers in the other vehicles involved in the accident. If anyone is hurt, seek medical attention right away.
At the accident scene, you should do the following:
- Call 911 to get the Police to the scene.
- If there are people who might be hurt:
- Call 911 for an ambulance.
- Report the injury to the nearest police officer.
- Obey the treatment physicians’ and personnel’s instructions.
- Only move your vehicle if it is a hazard to other drivers. Leave the debris alone until the police arrive and complete their investigation.
- Only discuss what happened with the officer, your doctor, and your lawyer.
- Obtain insurance information for additional drivers, such as name, address, phone number, and policy number.
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses (name, address, phone number(s)).
If you have been injured as a result of a collision and need the assistance of a Fort Worth tailgating lawyer, contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen, a Fort Worth car crash attorney, we handle accident injury claims and get you the compensation you deserve – Contact us at (972) 599 4100.
Tailgating is a type of reckless driving. Tailgating drivers are responsible for a large number of car accidents in Texas. We’ve all seen it. We’re driving down the highway when a driver comes up behind us so close that all you can see is the windshield of a car or the grill or bumper of a large truck. If the traffic in front of you suddenly stops, you know this person is going to hit you. When tailgaters collide, they frequently cause serious damage to those they hit, resulting in multiple vehicle accidents and serious injuries.
Following Distance (Section 545.062 of the Texas Transportation Code) addresses tailgating. A driver must maintain a safe distance between vehicles while taking into account speed, traffic, and road conditions so that they can stop without colliding with the vehicle in front of them or having to veer off to the side into another vehicle, person, or object.
If you have been injured by someone who was tailgating, you may be entitled to compensation. You should speak with a car accident injury lawyer about what happened and your legal rights in your case.
Since 1997, the Law Office of Doug Goyen has handled Fort Worth car accidents and assisted injured victims of tailgating vehicles in recovering from their injuries. Our customers are our top priority. Please contact us about your case as soon as possible.WHAT CAN YOU RECOVER FOR YOUR INJURIES?
If you suffer one or more of the following injuries, Texas law allows you to recover money to compensate you for the harm caused by the negligent conduct (or the damage that was caused, or harm that was caused, or loss that was caused). If you have proof of the claimed damage or injury, the person or company responsible for the accident or injury may be forced to pay for the following injuries or damages.
In personal injury cases, the following types of damages are frequently recoverable (along with other types of damages) depending on the extent of your damage and injury in the accident:
- Past and future medical bills: The amount of medical bills incurred in the past and future to treat your injury.
- Earning capacity lost in the past and future: The amount of money you could have earned if you hadn’t been injured.
- Income lost in the past and in the future: The amount of money you have lost and will lose as a result of the injury.
- Compensation for past and future pain and suffering is permitted based on a jury’s common sense, knowledge, and sense of justice. In order to settle a claim, the value of pain and suffering is determined by imagining what a jury – who does not know anyone involved – will think the value is.
- Property damage: In an accident case, property damage such as damage to your car, computer, phone, or glasses is recoverable.
- Rental car expenses, or if you used your property or vehicle for business purposes and lost some of your income while the vehicle was unable to be driven, are recoverable in a car wreck or accident case.
- Storage: You will be charged if your vehicle was towed from the scene and stored in a storage yard. In the event of a car accident or a motor vehicle wreck, this is recoverable.
- Total loss of property: If your vehicle was destroyed and cannot be repaired, you are entitled to the vehicle’s pre-accident value.
To discuss your case, we offer free phone consultations for people looking for a Fort Worth auto accident attorney. During the phone consultation, we also provide a free strategy session. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, the legal issues at hand, and any legal issues we identify as critical to maximizing your compensation.IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED BY A TAILGATING DRIVER, SEEK THE ADVICE OF A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Anyone who has suffered a serious or permanent injury as a result of a tailgating driver should seek the advice of a Fort Worth personal injury lawyer. If you were injured while tailgating, you may be entitled to compensation. You should consult with a Fort Worth tailgating lawyer about what happened and your legal options in your case.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has been assisting injured victims of tailgating vehicles in recovering from their injuries since 1997. Our customers are our number one priority. Please contact us as soon as possible about your case. To contact us, please call (972) 599 4100 or fill out our website contact form.
- Fort Worth Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Distracted Driving Lawyer
- Fort Worth DWI Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Head-On Collision Lawyer
- Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer
- Fort Worth Side-Impact Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Tailgating Lawyer
- Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
- Fort Worth Wrongful Death Attorney
- Intersection Accident Lawyer
- Rear-End Accident Lawyer