Dallas Injury Lawyer
CALL (972) 599-4100 TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE (OR EMAIL TO: DOUGGOYEN@GOYENLAW.COM ). THE PHONE CONSULTATION IS FREE.
(Click "Contact US" above to fill out and send your information regarding your case and your contact information).
Do you have serious injuries, and serious losses, such as medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, among other things you have lost due to negligence (such as a car crash with an injury, a slip and fall, or a dog bite)? If so, you need to speak to an attorney regarding your case. If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, then you need to speak to our Dallas injury lawyer, Doug Goyen, regarding your case.
We will help protect your rights. We will locate those insurance policies, businesses, and others who may owe for your injury.
If you need to see a doctor, we will help you find the kind of doctor you need. If you cannot afford a doctor, we will help you find a doctor who will postpone receiving payment on your case until the auto insurance company sends the settlement check.
If you have hospital bills, doctors bills, radiology bills, ambulance bills, and other medical bills related to your treatment, we will obtain all the information the insurance company requires for payment, to ensure your case is paid fully, and paid as quickly as possible.
Once we start working on your case, we take over dealing with the insurance company regarding your injury claims. You will not be required to wait online for hours waiting to speak to an adjuster - we take care of that for you.
When settling your case, we will negotiate with any medical providers or others that claim they are owed out of your settlement - to ensure you are not overpaying any bills. You may have a health insurance company, workers comp, medicare, or other entity involved that claims they are owed out of your settlement. We will investigate these claims and advise whether you have a legal obligation to pay them out of your settlement funds.
Each step of the way, we will keep you informed, so you have the final say on what to do regarding your case.
You need the best available people working for you. You need a lawyer who keeps your interest first. If you are in the North Texas area, then you need an experienced, tough, and smart Dallas injury lawyer fighting for your rights. The insurance companies have lawyers, shouldn't you? Attorney Doug Goyen worked has worked as a Dallas injury lawyer for over 20 years, and worked as an injury claims adjuster for 9 years for insurance companies before that. Our Dallas injury lawyer will ensure your claim is paid as quickly as possible and you maximize the value of your accident and injury claim by ensuring all the evidence needed is presented regarding your claims, and that it is submitted in a way that preserves and maximizes the coverage available to you. The Law Office of Doug Goyen will ensure the insurance company is not able to compromise your claim without paying everything legally owed. Do not put up with insurance company tactics of delaying and denying claims. Call us today (972) 599 4100. (If you have documents or photos for us to review for your injury claim, email your documents, records and photos to email@example.com - call us if you have any questions).
Call us to see how we can help. We have handled thousands of injury cases - helping clients settle cases that can be settled, and filing lawsuits against insurance companies that wrongfully deny all or parts of claims. Doug Goyen has worked as a personal injury lawyer in the Dallas and North Texas area since 1997. Before becoming a lawyer, Doug Goyen worked as a claims adjuster handling serious injury cases for insurance companies from 1989 to 1997. Our experience and knowledge of how claims work, and what you can and cannot recover, takes the mystery out of your claim, and takes away your headaches in dealing with the insurance company. Our legal services increase the value of your claim.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen offers aggressive and effective assistance getting the most out of your injury case - speak with a Dallas injury lawyer and discuss your case - call (972) 599 4100.The phone call is free and so is the initial phone consultation with Dallas injury lawyer Doug Goyen.
Types of Cases we Take:
1) Injured in an Auto Accident: We represent people injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our clients are those who were injured by the negligence of another person who caused the injury (see: Injured in an Auto Accident). Car Accidents: The Law Office of Doug Goyen's Dallas- Fort Worth auto accident attorneys represent people who have been injured in a car accident. Your Dallas car accident lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen takes care of your claim and ensures you recover the maximum amount of insurance coverage, from all the different insurance coverages, that your claim can receive. Typically collisions of vehicles are not "accidents". They are usually the result of careless conduct, where the person knows what they are doing is careless. Acting without using proper care (careless behavior) is not "accidental" behavior, it is intentional behavior - and that intentional behavior that leads to the accident is why you are able to recover from that person. If a person intentionally decides to speed, or to try to beat a red light, or to text on your phone, or to drive when intoxicated or too tired, or to put on makeup while driving, or to mess with presets on their radio while driving in traffic, or to change lanes suddenly without checking to ensure the way is clear, etc, etc. These are not "accidents" that lead to these collisions as most people think of accidents. These are careless behaviors that are preventable that cause these injury collisions or injury "accidents". This is why our law allows you to recover from negligent drivers who cause injury or damage. They usually do not intend to hurt anyone, or damage anyone's property, but they take the risk of doing so by participating in behavior that everyone knows will lead you to having an accident eventually - distracted driving, speeding, disregarding traffic devices, not paying proper attention to their surroundings, drunk driving, etc.
In most cases, a car accident injury is due to avoidable careless or negligent behavior, not accidental behavior. Dallas injury attorney representing Auto Accidents with injuries: A car accident injury or fatality can be life changing. Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 to find out how our Dallas injury lawyer can help in your situation. People do not expect a car accident injury to happen. Most people have not budgeted for the costs of having to go to the emergency room, an ambulance ride, a CT Scan, the cost of your car's deductible, lost time from work due to your injury, time off from work due to the hoops the insurance company is making you jump through. All this can put you in a big financial bind. If your injury is severe, then you don't have the time nor the ability to fight the insurance company to cover all your financial needs. You are busy trying to heal, or trying to help your loved one(s) heal. You have help, call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 and we can start putting the pieces back into place.
The Dallas injury lawyer assigned to your case takes over handling your personal injury claims for your case. Your attorney deals with the burden of negotiating with the insurance company, gathering all medical bills and records needed, gathering all other proof the auto insurance will require, and with dealing with the automobile insurance company, or other insurance company(s) that must be dealt with in order for you to recover the largest amount you are able to recover in your situation.
2) Injured in a Motorcycle Accident: We represent people injured while riding their motorcycles who are struck by negligent drivers (see: Injured in a Motorcycle Accident).
3) Injured Riding a Bicycle and Hit by a Motor Vehicle: We represent people injured while riding their bicycles for exercise, transportation, or recreation, who were hit by a motor vehicle due to the negligence of the person driving the motor vehicle (see: Injured Riding a Bicycle and Hit by a Motor Vehicle).
4) Injured While Walking as a Pedestrian and Hit by a Motor Vehicle: We represent people injured while walking as pedestrians who have been struck by a motor vehicle due to the negligence of the driver of the motor vehicle (see: Injured While Walking as a Pedestrian and Hit by a Motor Vehicle).
5) Injured by a Commercial Vehicle - 18 Wheeler, Work Truck, Bus, Taxi or other Work Vehicle: We represent people who have been injured by a commercial vehicle. In other words, if they were struck due to the negligence of the driver of an 18 wheeler, work truck, bus, taxi, or other work vehicle (see: Injured by a Commercial Vehicle - 18 Wheeler, Work Truck, Bus, Taxi or other Work Vehicle).
6) Injured by a Dog Bite or Animal Attack: We represent people who have been injured due to a dog attack or other animal who injures that person due to the negligence of the owner of that animal (see: Injured by a Dog Bite or Animal Attack).
7) Injured in the Workplace while at your Job: We represent people who have been injured in their workplace due to the negligence of another employee, their employer, another company that was doing work at the same place, auto collision, or other causes of injury due to negligence (see: Injured in the Workplace while at your Job)
8) Injured in a Store or other Premises such as a Slip and Fall: We represent people who have been injured in "slip and fall" accidents where the person who owned the premises was negligent, had a dangerous condition on their premises, and due to their negligence the dangerous condition caused an injury (see: Injured in a Store or other Premises such as a Slip and Fall).
9) Killed by the Negligence of Another Person or Company - Wrongful Death: We represent the estates and heirs of those killed by the negligence of others in what are called Wrongful Death cases (see: Killed by the Negligence of Another Person or Company - Wrongful Death).
10) Injured by the Negligence of a Company, Utility, or Municipality: We represent those who have been physicallyinjured or killed by a negligent company, utility, or municipality (see: Injured by the Negligence of a Company, Utility, or Municipality).
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do? How can a Lawyer Help?:
First, you need an "experienced" personal injury lawyer to handle your case. Do not let a lawyer who has no experience handle your personal injury case. They may "think" it is simple, but you will likely end up needing a personal injury lawyer later on, and if you let someone inexperienced handle your case, you may end up giving up many of your rights and money owed to you for the case. (see: What your injury lawyer will do).
How can a Dallas personal injury lawyer help in my injury case?:
Dealing With the Insurance Company, With or Without a Lawyer:
1) Save you precious time: Your personal injury lawyer will reduce the amount of time you spend calling and waiting to talk to insurance company personnel regarding your injury claim or case. How much of my time will this take in dealing with the insurance company? If you hire our attorneys, a personal injury lawyer from our office will keep in contact with the automobile insurance company or liability insurance company regarding your injury claim. You can then avoid the nightmare and frustration of being on hold for hours, and making call after unreturned call to the insurance adjuster handling your claim. Your lawyer will take over contacting the insurance claims departments regarding your personal injury, and we gather the information they need to evaluate your claim and get the best settlement available.
2) What information do I need to give the insurance company to complete their investigation? Investigating the claim: If you don't know the insurance claims business, the claims adjusters can delay and deny your claim, and you will not know if the excuses they give are legitimate or not.
Our office knows what is needed by the insurance company to evaluate and settle your case. We take the guess-work out of it for you. Things can change that complicate what seemed to be a straightforward case. The Dallas injury lawyer we assign to your case has the experience to know what the traps are in your particular case, and know what is needed to prevent things from going wrong. We know how to correct things when things have gone wrong with your insurance company. We know when the insurance company is "dragging their feet" for no reason. You will likely not know the difference and may get extremely frustrated when dealing with your adjuster. The Dallas injury lawyer working your case will know what documents are needed by your insurance company, and where to get that information, and how to get it in the fastest, most efficient way possible.
We investigate, get reports, get statements from witnesses and parties, get records, get bills, and get the proof of who the responsible parties are and what the insurance available is and what sources of recovery are for those responsible parties. The evidence obtained will show all those who will need to pay, and who will be responsible for the damage, injury, and other claims that need to be paid.
3) Should I talk to the liability insurance company if I have an injury claim? If not, why not?: Avoiding harmful admissions: You can sometimes say things innocently that the insurance company can try to spin in a way to make it sound as though you admitted fault, or admitted you weren't hurt, etc. If you say something yourself that is twisted by the insurance company, they can uses it as an "admission" because it was "you" that said it to the adjuster. On the other hand, if your lawyer speaks to the insurance company on your behalf, we can relay what we determine is the relevant information regarding the cause of the collision and injury information to the insurance company. We can relay the information that is relevant to the case, and recognize questions insurers often ask that are designed to help them avoid paying a claim. We can relay your the costs and how the injury has harmed you both physically, psychologically, and financially. We can relay that information in a legal way that ensures you answer the insurance company's questions in a truthful manner, and in a way that avoids stepping into the "traps" insurers often attempt to set for the unwary.
If you speak directly to the insurance company's investigators or adjusters directly, then you are making "admissions" to the insurance company regarding the questions they ask you. Admissions are usable in court against you - if you are the party to the case (the injured or harmed person) then your statements you make are usable against you later. If you accidentally give the wrong number, distance, amount, time, location, or date when they question you regarding something about your case, injury or injury history, they can later use that information against you. Later, when you realize it was really the 15th when you went to the doctor, and not the 14th, the insurance company may try to use your original statement against you and deny part or all of your claim for your mistake.
Your lawyer does not have this legal restriction - since your lawyer is not a party to the case, anything we say is not an "admission" - it is 2nd hand info we pass on, and it is typically correct, but when it is wrong (if you give us a wrong day or time), you are not locked in to that statement as an "admission". We simply tell them we got it wrong, and then give them the correct info, and they cannot use what the lawyer told them as an admission against your case.
Your lawyer will know what information the insurance company needs to process the claim. If your lawyer gets a date wrong when talking to the adjuster, the lawyer can go back later and correct the mistake, because the lawyer is not a party to the case and therefor is not making "admissions" as he talks to the insurance company's investigator or adjuster. Your lawyer cannot make an admission for you - so if a number, distance, amount, time, or date is later found to be in error, we can go back and correct the error and give the insurance company the corrected information. The insurance companies cannot use the "admissions" tactic against your lawyer. If you let your lawyer speak on your behalf in dealing with your claim or case you have more leeway to correct information that may later need correction. If the lawyer makes an error in relaying the wrong information and later discovers he misread, or misheard something, he can go back and correct it without being locked in to the original incorrect information.
4) What are the best places to look to make sure I get a full recovery?: Types of insurance and recoveries available: You may miss the biggest part of your claim recovery because you don't know what coverages to look for or ask for. You want to make sure you receive a full recovery. Often there are multiple types of insurance or responsible parties that may owe part or all of an injury case, claim, or lawsuit. An experienced, smart lawyer will know what to look for in your particular situation.
There may be multiple options available in a particular case to recover money. We investigate what options are available in your case in order to ensure you know all your options and have the ability to maximize whatever recovery you may have available in your injury case or claim.
5) Who can I recover from?: You cannot afford to miss the person who is actually legally responsible for your injury. It may seem obvious to you, but sometimes the law requires a different result that what seems clear to you. There may be more than one party, person, or company that is responsible for your injury or harm. We investigate what caused the injuries, harms, losses, or damages. This is to determine what the law would consider to be "negligence", and then work from there to determine who owes for your personal injury.
A vast majority of auto accident cases are caused by someone, or a combination of people, who make negligent decisions that cause the accident and injury. Examples of negligent decisions that cause accidents and injuries are speeding, running lights or stop signs, changing lanes without ensuring the lane is clear, turning in front of oncoming traffic, drunk driving, driving while distracted by cell phones or smart phones, driving while fatigued and other actions and factors that cause a driver to not act as a reasonable driver would in avoiding collisions with others.
We investigate what you are able to recover on your case and then collect for those injuries, harms, losses, and damages from the resources of those who negligently caused the injury. Lawyers lump all injuries, harms, and losses into a term we call "damages" - which for a lawyer is anything you are entitled to recover in a negligence, accident, or injury case or claim.
6) What can I ask for in compensation for my injury?: Damages that are often recoverable in personal injury cases include the following: Money for pain and suffering and mental anguish, past and future medical bills: the amount of medical bills necessary to treat your injury, both in the past and future, lost wages or earnings, physical impairment, disfigurement, property damage, among other types of damages. See the links below for a more detailed description of these types of damages:
We seek all damages that you are entitled. Examples of other types damages for harms, losses, or injuries that someone suffers from car crash injuries can include the following categories:
Past and future lost earning capacity
Past and future lost income
Past and future physical impairment
Past and future disfigurement
Past and future mental anguish
Past and future pain and suffering
Loss of use of your property
Total loss of property
Diminished value of property
Loss of body member or mental function
Loss of consortium (spouse, parental, child/filial)
Loss of services
Emotional/mental trauma (bystander injury)
Other damages that may be recoverable in accident and injury cases include prenatal injury, exemplary damages, prejudgment interest, attorney's fees, and court costs.
7) How much will this cost? What we charge - Contingency Fee: You owe nothing unless we recover for your injury case. This is referred to as a "contingency fee". A personal injury lawyer will charge a percentage of what they can recover for your injury claim, this is the most common way a personal injury attorney charges to represent clients - this is true in Texas and throughout the United States. It is a performance based contract where the lawyer is paid based on how he performs. This places the personal injury lawyer's interests with your interests. The more the attorney can recover for you, the more he recovers for himself. If the personal injury lawyer recovers nothing, you owe no fees.
A common contingency fee in Texas is 1/3 of whatever we can recover for your injury case. For example, if we work 30-60 hours on a case where we believe liability is clear, and later the insurance company locates a bus full of nuns as witnesses who torpedo your case by testifying against you, and then we are unable to recover anything, then you owe nothing. If the insurance company later finds information that shows there was no coverage for this particular case (examples often are: the owner of the insurance claims his car was stolen, or the person driving was an "excluded driver" who was not supposed to be driving the car per the insurance contract, or the other driver missed his insurance payment and the policy was canceled for nonpayment), if there is no coverage due, but yet we put in many hours trying to help on your case, and there is no other way to recover against anyone regarding your case, then you owe nothing - because we are unable to recover anything - 1/3 of zero is zero.
On the other hand, if we can recover $300,000.00 for your injury claim (prior to litigation), then we are typically paid 1/3 of the amount for the attorney fee, which would be $100,000.00 of the $300,000.00 (1/3 of the recovery). If we are only able to recover $30,000.00, then the attorney's fee is $10,000.00 in prelitigation cases.
The better we do for you, the better we do for ourselves. A contingency fee is a performance based contract. If we perform well on your case, we get paid well. If we cannot collect on your case, we don't get paid. This is different from a family law or criminal law case. In those cases, you pay your attorney a "retainer" of many thousands of dollars, and in many cases you periodically are required to deposit additional money into the retainer for your lawyer in those type cases - and win or lose - you pay the attorney - even if you lose, and you don't get your money back in cases with "retainers". Contingency fees for injury cases are a superior method of paying lawyers. It puts your lawyers interest the same as your interest - to recover as much as you are legally owed for your injury claim or case. It forces personal injury lawyers to be selective in the cases we take. We do not want to take a bad case where we will not win (where family or criminal lawyers, or other areas of the law are not as selective. If they have a paying client, they will perform the service whether they think their client will win or not - because they are getting paid regardless).
You owe nothing unless we recover for you. This is referred to as a "contingency fee". Our Dallas injury attorney will charge a percentage of what they can recover for you, this is the most common way a personal injury attorney charges to represent clients - this is true in Texas and throughout the United States. It is a performance based contract where the lawyer is paid based on how he performs. This places the personal injury lawyer's interests with your interests. The more the attorney can recover for you, the more he recovers for himself. If the personal injury lawyer recovers nothing, you owe no fees.
Do not try to handle your own injury case without first consulting a lawyer. People injured in the DFW area need to discuss your case with an experienced Dallas injury lawyer to determine if you need help in your situation. Taking the wrong steps can keep you from recovering the money you will need to cover you in your case.
If you are trying to handle your claim yourself, the auto or liability insurance company for the person who hit or who caused your injury makes no promises regarding paying your claims. They discuss the claim with their lawyers (insurance company lawyers) who tell the insurance adjusters the legal loopholes they can use to avoid paying you. You have no contract with them. They have no legal obligation to you. Their legal obligation is to their insured - to "defend" them, and to pay "if" (and only if) their insured is legally liable for a covered reason. They are looking for a reason to not pay your claim (coverage issues, liability issues, damages issues). Avoiding paying a claim is what adjusters are trained to do first, and to keep checking as the claim goes along, to see if there is a reason not to pay.
Do not think of representing yourself in your Dallas car accident injury claim Do You Need a Lawyer for Your Injury Case. Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 so we can start working on your case today.Contact us at (972) 599 4100 to speak to a Dallas injury lawyer about your case.