Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Attorney Doug Goyen is a Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer handling personal injury accidents involving motorcycles. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients. As an auto accident attorney, attorney Goyen has represented thousands of people injured in accidents in the Dallas, Texas area and recovered millions in settlements for motorcyclists injured or killed in accidents.
According to studies, auto accident victims recover more in damages when they are represented by an attorney rather than attempting to deal with an auto insurance company on their own.
A Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Office of Doug Goyen can offer a wide range of services aimed at recovering the maximum amount for you and your family following an accident. Among these services are:
- We help our clients recover the costs of their ambulance ride, hospital stay, emergency room doctors, and other medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your accident.
- Examining all insurance policies pertaining to your case.
- If our clients are unsure where to go for treatment, we help them find a medical facility that can treat their injury.
- If our clients are unable to afford the treatment they require for their injury, we will assist them in locating a medical facility that will defer billing the client while they receive treatment.
- Assuring that all documents are filed on time.
- Assuring that our clients’ lost income is recovered from their auto insurance company if they were unable to work due to their injury.
- Helping clients obtain payment for vehicle damage, towing bills, storage fees, and rental car expenses.
- Assisting our clients in recouping their accident-related out-of-pocket expenses.
- Negotiating with the auto insurance company aggressively.
- Making a compelling case for you in court.
- We help our clients obtain the maximum settlement amount for their pain and suffering, physical impairment, disfigurement, and other accident-related damages.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen. We get results for our clients. We will go after the insurance company to pay your medical bills. We will find you a medical facility to treat you for your injuries if you need them. We will go after the insurance company to get your lost income paid. We will get the full value of your motorcycle injury claim that you deserve.
Doug Goyen has been a Texas licensed attorney since 1997. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he worked as an injury claims adjuster for insurance companies for many years, giving him insight into both sides of the claims process. There is no fee unless and until you win!
The nature and extent of your injuries and losses determine the value of your motorcycle accident claim. Motorcycle accident victims who are injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior can typically recover damages to compensate them for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are losses that can be calculated using bills, invoices, and paystubs, such as medical and rehabilitation costs, lost wages and future earnings, loss of services, and property damage, which includes the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle.
Non-economic damages are no less real and significant than economic damages, but they can be more difficult to quantify because they involve subjective losses such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, physical impairment, disfigurement, loss of consortium, loss of limb, wrongful death or other damages that impact the quality of life. Your motorcycle accident attorney can gather evidence and present testimony demonstrating how your pain, suffering, and other physical and psychological issues limit your abilities and activities, as well as how your injuries affect your ability to enjoy life as you did before the accident.
Motorcycle accident victims sustain a wide range of injuries. The severity of the injury is determined in part by the type of accident. Other factors that influence the severity of an injury include the use of safety equipment such as helmts, the speed of the vehicles at the time of impact.
The following types of injuries can occur (among others as well) in auto accidents involving motorcycles:
- ACL Tear in Knee – An ACL tear is a severe knee injury. It’s one of the knee’s four big ligaments. It runs diagonally down the middle of the knee, preventing the upper and lower legs from colliding. It also gives the knee rotational stability.
- Brain Trauma – While any injury has the potential to be fatal, brain injuries are among the most dangerous. Because the skull and brain are both delicate, severe brain injuries are frequently fatal.
- Back Injuries – Spinal cord injuries frequently result in paralysis and numbness. It can cause reflex problems, breathing problems, and bowel and bladder control problems. Muscle spasms, sensitivity, pain, and sexual problems are all possible side effects.
- Neck Injuries – Neck injuries are an all-too-common result of a variety of accidents. These injuries can have long-term consequences. If you have suffered a neck injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation to help with medical and other expenses.
- Burns Injuries – Burns are the most painful of all human body injuries. The loss of a sliver of your humanity is priceless. Pain has consequences – loss of mobility, loss of a limb, inability to enjoy things you used to enjoy – all due to pain. Restitution from the wrongdoer is necessary as a result of this type of loss.
- PVD Eye Injury – PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) is an eye condition in which the vitreous membrane separates from the retina. The separation of the posterior hyaloid membrane from the retina anywhere posterior to the vitreous base is referred to as this condition.
- Rotator Cuff Injury – A rotator cuff tear is a painful injury in the shoulder that can cause severe limitations on the ability to move the arm and shoulder. The actual rotator cuff has four muscles and tendons that give the shoulder its wide range of motion.
- Eye Injury – Eye injuries from trauma, including motorcycle accidents, include a black eye, bleeding in the eye, burns and irritation, corneal abrasions, injuries from a foreign object, orbital fractures, retinal detachments, PVD injuries, and floaters from PVDs or retinal detachments or fractures (trauma).
- Detached Retina – A break or tear in the retina can occur if a motorcycle accident victim’s head collides with a forceful object. If left untreated, this tear can cause a retinal detachment, which can result in permanent damage to one or both eyes and, in extreme cases, blindness.
- Ankle Injury – Ankle injuries are serious injuries that can be caused by motorcycle accidents. A personal injury attorney that handles car wreck injuries can get the compensation you deserve in your case.
- Foot Injury – Bone fractures, or breaks, are commonly caused by slips and falls, but they can also be caused by a direct impact to the foot or ankle, such as in a motorcycle accident.
- Knee Injury – Motorcycle accident victims sustain knee injuries that include damage to soft tissue, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and the joint. A collision impact can cause a fracture, dislocation, cartilage tear, sprain, or strain due to blunt force trauma or twisting.
- Leg Injury – If you suffered a leg injury due to negligence, you need to hire an attorney to help you recover the full compensation you are owed due to the negligence of the person who caused your injury.
- Pelvis & Hip Injury – A pelvic or hip injury can be severely disabling. These types of injuries can occur as a result of a direct hit, a severe twisting motion, or even the compression-type motion common in motorcycle accidents.
- Shoulder Injury – You may have a legal remedy if a serious motorcycle accident has caused unbearable shoulder pain. This will allow you to receive compensation for medical treatment, lost income, and pain and suffering.
- Eye Floater Injury – Eye floaters occur when the vitreous gel — the clear fluid that fills the majority of the eye — breaks loose and clumps together, resulting in dark flecks that interfere with normal vision. A motorcycle accident’s high impact can cause victims to develop eye floaters, which could be a symptom of a sight-threatening injury such as a retinal tear or retinal detachment.
- Chest Injury – Types of chest wall injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents include chest wall injuries, sternal fractures, shoulder girdle fractures, contusions and hematomas, rib fractures, and flail chest.
- Wrist Injury – Wrist injuries can occur in motorcycle accidents. The symptoms you are experiencing will help you determine the cause of your wrist problem. Many types of wrist injuries can be treated without surgery, but more severe cases may necessitate surgery.
- Hand Injury – A hand injury is a serious and painful condition that may necessitate surgery or a lifetime of therapy. If your hand was injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to be compensated for your injuries.
- Arm Injury – The arm is made up of three bones: the humerus, radius, and ulna. Depending on the location of the injury and the severity of the fracture, medical treatment, including surgery, is possible.
- Facial Injury – Mouth, face, and jaw injuries are examples of facial injuries. These range from minor cuts and lacerations on the face to more serious issues such as broken teeth and facial bones. Bone fractures can occur in either the lower or upper jaw, the palate, the cheekbones, or the eye sockets.
If you have been in a car accident in Dallas or elsewhere in Texas, there are several steps you should take and mistakes you should avoid. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has compiled a quick checklist of things you should and should not do following an accident.
These are critical steps to take following an accident. If you’ve ever been in an auto accident, you know how stressful and chaotic it can be. Follow these steps to ensure you have adequate coverage after the accident.
1) Check yourself for injuries. If you were in a motorcycle accident, you were most likely knocked off your motorcycle and onto the pavement at a fairly high rate of speed for the human body. Your adrenaline will be pumping, and you may not realize you were injured at the time of the accident. Don’t be in a hurry; give yourself time to calm down and check yourself for injuries.
2) If you have been injured, call 911. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, call the police and paramedics. Obtain a copy of the police crash report.
3) Exchange information with other drivers. Obtain the insurance company’s contact information from the driver of the other vehicles involved. Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone who is involved. Make copies of their identification and auto insurance information. Take photos of their ID and insurance information with your cellphone.
4) Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident. You never know when someone will change their story after leaving an accident scene. People are often cooperative with you in person, but when they call their insurance company to report their side of the accident details, they suddenly start changing their story – possibly because they are concerned about their insurance rates increasing. Who knows why this happens in every situation, but it happens more often than you would think – people change their stories after leaving the scene of an accident.
5) Photograph the vehicles and the accident scene. Photograph the damage to all of the vehicles involved, including your motorcycle. Take photographs of the accident scene, the automobile involved in the accident, and the layout of the accident scene. Take pictures of the path you were taking, both where you were coming from and where you were going. Take photos of the other vehicles involved, as well as where they came from and where they were going. Take pictures of any skid marks or debris on the road. If you are unable to do so, enlist the assistance of a friend or family member.
6) If paramedics recommend it, go to the emergency room. Listen to paramedics if they advise you to go to the emergency room because of your symptoms. They have been trained to look for symptoms that may indicate a potentially fatal injury. It is preferable to be safe than sorry. If paramedics advise you to, go to the ER and get checked.
7) Seek medical attention if you are injured. If you were injured, you should contact a medical facility after leaving the scene to seek treatment. We can assist you if you do not know who to see or cannot afford to pay for medical treatment. The Law Office of Doug Goyen can assist you in locating a doctor who can treat your injury. We can locate a medical facility that will accept a letter of protection from our office, allowing you to avoid paying for treatment until the auto insurance involved pays for your claims.
8) Do not discuss the accident with the insurance company if injured. If you are injured, you should hire a lawyer to represent you in dealing with the insurance company. When possible, the insurance adjuster’s job is to avoid paying claims. If you speak with the adjuster before hiring a lawyer, the adjuster will ask you questions in order to elicit a response that will allow them to deny part or all of your claim. A personal injury lawyer who specializes in car and motorcycle accidents will know exactly how to answer these types of questions. You will be unable to do so, which may jeopardize your case. If you have been injured, you should seek the assistance of a personal injury lawyer.
9) Be careful about what you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster and the insurance company’s lawyers will review whatever you post. We frequently display photos of ourselves smiling at family gatherings or with friends. That brief moment when you smiled and looked happy in the photo may have been brief, but insurance adjusters and their lawyers will try to make your social media posts appear as if you could not have been as injured as you claim because of your posts during the time you were injured.
10) Hire a personal injury attorney. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer. You should ask questions about how the attorney will handle your case, what the attorney requires from you, and express your concerns about your case to the attorney. If you call a law firm and they want you to speak with a case manager and sign up before allowing you to speak with the attorney, do not hire that firm. You should first speak with your actual lawyer to ensure that you are comfortable with the attorney handling your case.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 or use our website contact form to get in touch. We will gladly review your case for free.
Texas has laws that govern motorcycles and those who ride or travel on them. Among the laws are the following:
- In Texas, all motorcyclists under the age of 21 are required to wear a helmet, with the exception of those who have completed a motorcycle safety course in Texas and have insurance that will cover their healthcare if injured in a motorcycle accident.
- In Texas, motorcycle riders must have a Class M license.
- On your motorcycle, you must have liability insurance.
- No one under the age of five may ride as a passenger.
- Daytime running lights are required (unless the motorcycle was made before 1975)
- A rearview mirror is required.
- In Texas, lane splitting is illegal.
Call personal injury attorney Doug Goyen today to discuss your motorcycle accident and injury case. Call us at (972) 599-4100 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case, or fill out our contact form on our website.
Motorcycling in the Dallas area can be a fun way to enjoy the area’s nice weather (when it is good). If you are the victim of a negligent driver who causes an accident with you, it can also be a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately, a motorcycle does not offer much protection from injury in the event of a collision with a car. If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accidents.
If they are involved in an accident, motorcycle riders are much more likely to suffer an injury, including catastrophic injuries or even death. If you or someone you know is injured while riding a motorcycle as a result of someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation from the person who caused your injury or from their insurance.
One of the most common mistakes in personal injury claims is attempting to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company without the assistance of an attorney. Before dealing with the insurance company, hire a personal injury lawyer to handle your injury claim. Remember that the insurance company is not in the business of paying injury claims; they are in the business of saving money, which means that their goal is to avoid paying injury claims or to pay as little as possible.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury motor vehicle cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, drunk driver accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrians struck by vehicles, bicycles struck by vehicles, Dram Shop cases, and Wrongful Deaths caused by motor vehicle accidents).
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
Call our office to schedule a free consultation and strategy session with an auto accident attorney for your motorcycle accident injury case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, an evaluation of the legal issues involved, and an identification of the most important legal issues about your case that we can identify during the session. We will send you a copy of the strategy session via email.THERE IS NO FEE IF WE DO NOT WIN
You owe us nothing if we are unable to recover. We charge a contingency fee structured to take a percentage of what we recover. As a performance-based contract, the better we do for you, the better we do for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with our client’s interests.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com