Garland Car Accident Lawyer
The Law Office of Doug Goyen has been providing legal services to residents of Garland, Texas since 1997. If you need a Garland car accident lawyer will help you recover the compensation you deserve. Attorney Goyen has resolved thousands of personal injury cases and collected millions of dollars in settlements for his clients. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients.
WHY HIRE A LAWYER AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT IN GARLAND?
If you have been injured in a car accident you have concerns about medical bills, missed time from work and lost income, where to get medical treatment and how you can afford the treatment needed, how to get the full value for any personal injury settlement, and how to find a personal injury lawyer that will handle your car accident case.
Car accident cases are frequently complex and necessitate the assistance of skilled accident attorneys. Insurance companies will offer inadequate settlements to accident victims who are unaware of the value of their claim and will try to settle quickly, knowing that victims must pay medical bills and other expenses. Car accident attorneys are ardent advocates for victims, standing up and demanding fair and just compensation for their client’s claims.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen’s Garland car accident attorneys will do the following:
- Investigate your car accident and identify all responsible parties.
- Find all relevant insurance policies, whether held by you or any other responsible parties.
- Obtain your medical records so that our experts can review them and determine your recovery prognosis.
- Make a list of your past, current, and projected costs and losses as a result of the accident, including future financial and medical care requirements.
- File accident claims with insurance companies and negotiate any and all necessary settlements
- Submit a car accident lawsuit to the appropriate court.
- If necessary, present your case in a court of law.
If you have already received a settlement offer from an insurance company, you should have it reviewed by an attorney at the Law Office of Doug Goyen. Our Garland personal injury lawyers can assess your car accident claim and ensure that any settlement amount and terms cover not only your immediate needs but also any unforeseen future expenses.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen helps you get the money from the insurance company to get your medical bills paid, get your money for your lost income, and get you the full value of your personal injury settlement for your injury in the car wreck. We will help you find a medical facility that can treat you for your injury and get the medical facility to defer billing for your treatment until we can settle your case.
Whether you’re suing an insurance company or a negligent third party, you can seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Damage to property
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and income, as well as a loss of earning capacity
- Physical impairment, among other things
Don’t accept less money than you deserve. Make sure you understand how much your case is worth. Our lawyers have worked hard to build a network of injury experts throughout Texas. These experts can provide important information and insight into the more complex aspects of your case. We can better understand your injuries and how they may affect you in the future with their assistance. This will assist us in determining the value of your case.
COMMON CAUSES AND TYPES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
Despite ever-improving technology and a greater emphasis on vehicle safety, the United States has approximately six million car accidents each year, ranging from minor fender-benders to head-on collisions. It helps to understand the common denominators behind many of these crashes, especially if you're filing a car accident injury claim. Causes and types of accidents include:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
COMMON TYPES OF INJURIES CAUSED BY AUTO ACCIDENTS
Injuries are common following car accidents. Whether a crash is caused by a head-on collision or a failure to yield the right of way, victims are rarely completely unharmed.
If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, car repairs, and other expenses. An experienced auto accident lawyer can assist you in navigating your legal options.
The following are some of the most common injuries caused by car accidents:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Trauma Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Internal Organ Injury such as Liver, Kidney, Adrenal Injury or Adrenal Hemorrhage
- Catastrophic Injury
- Neck and Back Injuries, including Whiplash Injury, Cervical Radiculopathy, Bulging Discs and Herniated Discs, Anterolisthesis Injury
- Facial Injury, including Orbital Fractures, Eye Injury, Detached Retina, PVD Eye Injury and Eye Floaters
- Leg Injury, including Knee Injury, ACL Knee Injury, Collateral Ligament Knee Injury,
- Shoulder Injury including Rotator Cuff Injury
- Ankle and Foot Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Chest Injury
- Arm Injury, Hand and Wrist Injury
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
- Wrongful Death
The following is a checklist of things to do after a car accident with injuries. The list can help in any car accident but is written specifically for the Garland, Texas area.
Check for injuries. Auto accidents are sudden and unexpected traumatic events. Check yourself for injuries before you get out and start moving around. Sometimes people do not realize they are injured due to the shock of the accident. After checking yourself, check on your passengers. If your passenger does not need first aid, then check on the occupants of the other vehicles involved in the collision. If you are injured, or if anyone involved in the accident is injured, get help immediately.
Call 911 if there are any injuries. If anyone is hurt you need to call 911 and let the dispatcher know there are injuries. They will send out the police and paramedics. The police will help investigate the accident, and the paramedics will evaluate and attend to those who are injured in the accident.
The Garland Police Department is located here: Garland Police Department
Collect witness information. Witnesses to accidents often stop to help after an accident. Once they realize the police are on the way they often feel like it is fine for them to leave. Get their information before they leave. Get their names, phone numbers, email, or anything else they are willing to give so they can be contacted later in case their statement is needed.
Exchange information with other drivers. Exchange your identification and auto insurance information with the other drivers. Texas law requires everyone to exchange information after an accident regardless of fault. Use your cellphone to take photos of the other driver’s ID and auto liability insurance.
NOTE: If you are too injured to do this, you need to get a friend or family member to come to the accident scene and do these steps for you.
Take photos of the damage and of the scene of the accident. Use your cellphone to take photos of the damage and points of impact on all the vehicles involved in the accident – even if the vehicles have been moved, get photos of the damage and the areas of vehicles that came in contact with each other.
In addition to taking photos of the vehicles, take photos of the scene of the accident. Take photos of any debris on the ground and of any skid marks. Take photos of the roadway – in the direction you were traveling, and in the direction where you were coming from. Do the same with the other vehicles – take photos in the direction they were traveling, and take photos in the direction they were coming from.
Cooperate with the police officers investigating the accident. Talk to the police officers when they arrive at the scene. The officers will take each driver’s statement individually away from the hearing of others. When the officer interviews you be sure to give them your statement about what happened. This will help the officer write his police crash report.
You can contact the Garland Police Department’s police records here: Garland Police Records Unit
Follow the advice of the paramedics. When the paramedics arrive they will attend to anyone that is injured in the accident. If they advise you that you need to go to the emergency room for your injury you need to follow their advice. Paramedics are trained to deal with people injured by trauma in auto accidents. They are trained to look for symptoms that may indicate a serious or even life-threatening injury. It is better to be safe than sorry. Go to the ER if they advise it.
Hospitals in the Garland, Texas area if you need to go to the emergency room. If you decide to drive yourself to the emergency room or have someone you know drive you, these are some of the emergency rooms in and around Garland, Texas:
- Exceptional Emergency Center – Sachse | Garland – 7545 Murphy Rd, Sachse, TX 75048. Phone +1 469 202 8658
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center Emergency Room – 2831 E President George Bush Hwy, Richardson, TX 75082. Phone +1 469 204 8000
- Surepoint Emergency Center Rowlett – 3301 Lakeview Pkwy, Rowlett, TX 75088. Phone +1 469 304 0282
- CareNow Urgent Care – North Garland – 5106 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040. Phone +1 972 530 1900
- CareNow Urgent Care – South Garland – 565 W Interstate 30, Garland, TX 75043. Phone +1 972 303 3030
- Exceptional Urgent Care & Imaging Center – 4555 W Walnut St, Garland, TX 75042. Phone +1 469 638 8060
- Urgent Care for Kids – Garland – 7150 N President George Bush Hwy Suite 100, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 214 919 3170
- Concentra Urgent Care – 1621 S Jupiter Rd Ste. 101, Garland, TX 75042. Phone +1 214 340 7555
- Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care – 6520 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 972 532 9967
- Baylor Scott & White Urgent Care – North Garland – 7217 Telecom Pkwy Ste 100A, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 469 800 2530
- Parkland Garland Adult Care Clinic – 802 Hopkins St, Garland, TX 75040. Phone +1 214 266 0700
- Care Now – 5106 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040. Phone +1 972 530 1900
- ARC GARLAND DEPARTMENT – 410 N Shiloh Rd, Garland, TX 75042. Phone +1 214 266 0004
- Shiloh Urgent Care – 2630 Arapaho Rd Suite 200, Garland, TX 75044. Phone +1 469 543 6992
The first thing to do to protect your rights is to hire a personal injury lawyer to help you with your car accident and injury claim. Do your research before hiring a personal injury lawyer. You need to speak to the actual attorney regarding your case before deciding. If you are pushed off to a case manager and not allowed to speak to the attorney, then do not go with that attorney’s office. You need to have a conversation with the lawyer who is actually representing you.
Follow up with medical care for your injury. After you have left the scene of the accident if you are still experiencing pain you need to find a medical facility to examine and treat whatever injury you have. If you do not know where to go for treatment or do not know how you will be able to afford treatment, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you find a medical facility to see you. We can help you find a medical facility that will accept a letter of protection from our law office that guarantees the medical facility they will be paid once the automobile insurance company releases the funds for your injury claim. This way you can get the treatment you need for your injury.
Get your own estimate on the damage to your vehicle. Do not rely on the insurance adjuster’s estimate alone. Insurance companies write their estimates lower than what it will cost to actually repair your vehicle with the expectation that your body shop will contact them for supplemental payments as they work on repairing your vehicle. The problem arises when there is a dispute with the insurance company about liability. If they will not pay for the damage until liability is resolved, then you may end up needing to file a lawsuit and include your damage to your vehicle in that lawsuit. If you do not have your own estimate, then you will be forced to rely on the insurance company’s low estimate and you will not recover the full value of your damaged vehicle.
Most body shops will do a free estimate for the repairs of your vehicle after an accident. The following body shops are in the Garland, Texas area and will likely do an estimate for you – they want your business:
- The Body Shop Collision Repair – 2054 Forest Ln #450, Garland, TX 75042
- Quality Collision Repair Center: Body Shop – 1418 W Avenue B, Garland, TX 75042
- M&H Auto Sales and Body Shop – 111 W Avenue A, Garland, TX 75040
- Rick’s Auto Service And Body Shop – 301 N 1st St, Garland, TX 75040
- S & C Body Shop and Auto Repair – 4409 Forest Ln, Garland, TX 75042
If you need a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired, be sure to use a rental car company that will bill the auto insurance company directly. The following rental car companies are in the Garland, Texas area:
Take good photographs that show the damage to your vehicle. If there is a dispute about the accident, the insurance company may try to claim that the impact was minor and could not have caused any injury. Often they send out their adjusters to take pictures of your vehicle at angles and lighting that hide the damage to your vehicle and use those photos as “proof” of how minor your impact must have been.
Take your own photos of the damage to your vehicle. Make sure the angle of your photo and the lighting actually shows the damage in the photo. Take photos both at a distance (so the damage can be seen in relation to the entire vehicle) and closer up to get a better view of the damage.
Do not speak to any insurance adjusters before you hire a lawyer. If you have been injured in an auto accident do not speak to the insurance adjuster. The insurance adjuster’s job in injury claims is to pay as little as possible on the claim. If they can find a reason to deny your claim they will do so. They will ask questions that are designed to get you to say things that they can use against you. Personal injury lawyers that handle auto accidents recognize these types of questions and understand how to answer them. You do not have the same experience and may say something that causes the insurance company to deny part or all of your claim. Hire a personal injury lawyer to speak to the insurance company on your behalf.
Watch what you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster and the lawyers for the insurance company will see anything that you post on social media. Insurance companies love to capture images and posts on injured people’s social media and use that information against them. If you are injured and you post photos of you going out with friends or family, the insurance company will use those posts against you to say that you must not have been that hurt since you were going out on a regular basis with your friends and family.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 for a free consultation with our Garland car accident lawyer, or contact us on our website contact form. We look forward to speaking with you about your case!
There is no fee unless you win. The Law Office of Doug Goyen charges a contingency fee on personal injury cases resulting from car accidents. A contingency fee is where we take a percentage of whatever we can recover for your injury case. The better we do for you, the more we are paid. This aligns our interests with your interests in getting a better settlement for your case.
If you or someone you know needs the assistance of a Garland car accident lawyer in an injury case call (972) 599 4100 for a free consultation and a free strategy session regarding your case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep.TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Car Accident Community Pages near Garland
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- McKinney, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Plano, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Frisco, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Allen, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Addison, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Carrollton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Richardson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Sherman, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Far North Dallas, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Farmers Branch, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me