Plano Car Accident Lawyer
Attorney Doug Goyen has represented Plano residents for personal injury cases involving auto accidents since 1997. When residents need a Plano car accident lawyer, the Law Office of Doug Goyen helps recover the compensation they deserve. Attorney Goyen has lived in Plano, Texas since 1999 and is personally familiar with the highways, roadways, and streets of Plano and the surrounding areas. The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides experienced, aggressive, and powerful representation for our clients. Our results are proven. We get our clients compensation for their injury claims.
The Texas Department of Transportation shows that in 2019 there were 5,800 auto accidents in Plano, Texas. Collin County had 13,857 accidents at that same time. A 2016 study using Texas Department of Transportation Data during a four-year period from 2012 to 2015 showed the following 10 intersections in Plano, Texas had the most intersection accidents:
- Dallas Parkway and Legacy 108 accidents
- Plano Parkway and Preston 91 accidents
- Coit and Spring Creek 82 accidents
- Dallas Parkway and Parker 73 accidents
- Dallas Parkway and Park 70 accidents
- Independence and Spring Creek 66 accidents
- Legacy and Preston 61 accidents
- McDermott and Ohio 55 accidents
- Custer and Spring Creek 51 accidents
- Alma and Spring Creek 48 accidents
Car accident cases are frequently complicated, necessitating the assistance of experienced accident attorneys. Insurance companies will offer insufficient settlements to accident victims who are unaware of the value of their claim and will try to settle quickly because victims must pay medical bills and other expenses. Car accident attorneys are ardent advocates for victims, standing up and demanding just and fair compensation for their client’s claims.
The Plano car accident attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen will do the following:
- Investigate your car accident and identify all parties who are at fault.
- Find all relevant insurance policies, whether they are held by you or any other responsible parties.
- Obtain your medical records so that our experts can review them and determine your prognosis for recovery.
- Make a list of your previous, current, and projected costs and losses as a result of the accident, including any future financial and medical care needs.
- Accident claims are filed with insurance companies, and all necessary settlements are negotiated.
- File a car accident lawsuit in the proper court.
- Present your case in a court of law if necessary.
Distracted driving, while people use their smartphones, keeps driving the numbers of accidents higher, and with more accidents, there are more people injured in those accidents. Our office represents people who have been injured in auto accidents. You have no control over what other drivers do and you had no control over the driver who hit you. Regain control by calling the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100. We will start working on your case today.
If someone causes harm to another person due to negligent behavior, the injured person has the right to be compensated for their injuries and property damage. We assist people who have been injured in car accidents in a variety of ways. The most common ways in which the Law Office of Doug Goyen assists in auto accident injury cases are as follows:
- Collecting the money from the auto insurers to pay for the medical bills caused by the accident, including bills for the ambulance, emergency room, emergency room doctors, therapists, diagnostics, medication, and any other type of medical billing related to your injury from the accident.
- Helping clients who do not know where to go for medical treatment find medical facilities that will treat their injuries.
- Helping clients who cannot afford medical treatment find medical facilities that will treat them and defer collections on the bills until the insurance company releases payment for the injury.
- Collecting the money owed for the damage done to our client’s vehicle and compensation for any other out-of-pocket expenses related to the damage done to the vehicle such as towing bills, storage fees, and rental car bills.
- Collecting the money owed for lost income incurred due to time missed from work because of an injury caused by an accident.
- Securing the full settlement value for our client’s pain and suffering, physical impairment, disfigurement, or any other damage that was done to our client, so our client is compensated for their injury.
If you are needing representation, or just need a consultation, then call us today at (972) 599 4100, or contact us on our website contact form. Our consultations regarding personal injuries related to auto accidents are free. Additionally, there is no fee unless you win!
In Texas, it is the wrongdoer’s responsibility to “right the wrongs” that they caused. They caused the damage and harm, they must correct what they caused. In Texas, damages recoverable in auto accident cases that involve injuries include the following:
- Property Related Damages. This includes any costs or expenses related to the property that was damaged, including:
- Property Damage: Such as damage to your car, computer, phone, or glasses, is recoverable in an accident case.
- Total loss of property: If your vehicle was destroyed and cannot be repaired, you are entitled to the value of the vehicle immediately prior to the accident.
- Diminished value of the property: If your vehicle has been repaired but is now worth less money as a result of the accident, you are entitled to compensation for the diminished value of your vehicle.
- Injury Related Damages: The person who negligently caused the injury owes for the costs, expenses, and for the injury to the person that they caused. A person injured due to negligence is legally entitled to recover for the following injury related damages:
- Medical Bills: The total amount of past and future medical bills caused by the negligent conduct.
- Lost Income or Lost Earning Capacity: The amount of money you actually did lose due to the injury and will lose in the future is called past and future lost income. The amount of money you could have earned had you not been injured is past and future lost earning capacity.
- Loss of Services: If someone can no longer do their normal household duties due to the injury, then they may be entitled to recover for loss of services.
- Pain and Suffering: Determining the value of pain and suffering in terms of settling a claim is done by trying to think of how a jury will think of the value of someone’s pain and suffering.
- Mental Anguish: This is determined by how your physical injury has caused you mental anguish to the point where it is more than just disappointment, resentment, embarrassment, or anger, and how it will continue to do so in the future in order to get compensation for past and future mental anguish.
- Physical Impairment: Compensation may be awarded if you have been physically impaired due to your injury, and for how you will be physically impaired in the future. The law allows people compensation for both past and future physical impairment related to the injury.
- Disfigurement: Some injuries cause a physical alteration in a person’s appearance. The person injured in this way due to negligence is entitled to recover for both past and future disfigurement, how the injury has physically disfigured you in the past, and how it will do so in the future.
- Loss of body member or mental function: If you have lost an arm, leg, or mental function or capacity due to the accident or injury, then you may recover damages for the harm that was caused.
- Loss of consortium: If the injury severe enough that it has caused you to no longer enjoy the companionship of your family members, then you are entitled to recover for how this has damaged your family relationships.
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Trauma Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Internal Organ Injury such as Liver, Kidney, Adrenal Injury or Adrenal Hemorrhage
- Catastrophic Injury
- Neck and Back Injuries, including Whiplash Injury, Cervical Radiculopathy, Bulging Discs and Herniated Discs, Anterolisthesis Injury
- Facial Injury, including Orbital Fractures, Eye Injury, Detached Retina, PVD Eye Injury and Eye Floaters
- Leg Injury, including Knee Injury, ACL Knee Injury, Collateral Ligament Knee Injury,
- Shoulder Injury including Rotator Cuff Injury
- Ankle and Foot Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Chest Injury
- Arm Injury, Hand and Wrist Injury
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
- Wrongful Death
The following checklist can be used in an auto accident at the scene of the accident. It has been specifically designed for auto accidents with injuries. It has also been tailored to people involved in accidents living in the Plano, Texas area.
- Stay calm and check for injuries. Auto accidents are traumatic, sudden, and unexpected. People are often in shock right after a car wreck and do not realize how seriously they are injured. Before you start moving around be sure to check yourself to make sure you are not injured more severely than you realize. Check on any passengers in your vehicle. If anyone is injured seek help right away.
- Call 911 if anyone is hurt. If anyone is injured call 911 and let the dispatcher know there are injuries due to an accident and your location. The dispatcher will send the police and paramedics to the scene. They will take statements from people involved in the accident and later write an accident report.
- Plano Police Department accident reports can be ordered here: Plano Police Department Accident Reports
- Texas DOT Accident Reports: Another place to locate accident reports is through the Texas Department of Transportation. If it has been 2-3 weeks or longer since your accident, the report is likely on this database as well: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports
- Collect any witness information. If there are any witnesses to the accident get their name, phone number, and any other contact information they will give you. The other driver may be admitting fault at first, but once the police arrive they may change their story. You want to have any witness information to give to the officer.
- Exchange information with the other drivers. Texas law under Transportation Code 550.023 requires all drivers involved in an accident to exchange identification with each other, and exchange auto liability insurance with each other, regardless of who is at fault. Take photos with your cellphone of the other driver’s ID and insurance information and keep it for your records.
- Take photos of the vehicles and of the accident scene. Take photos of the points of impact of all the vehicles involved including any damage that was done. Take photos of the license plates. Take photos of any skid marks or accident debris on the roadway. Take photos of the roadway in the direction you were traveling and the direction you were coming from. Do the same for the other driver, take photos of the road in the direction they were driving and the direction they were coming from.
- Talk to the police officer investigating the accident. Cooperate with the police when they arrive. They will interview each driver separately outside the hearing of others involved to get their version of what happened.
- Let paramedics examine you if you are injured. When the paramedics arrive let them know if you are hurt or in any type of pain or discomfort. If they advise you to go to the emergency room you should listen to them. Paramedics are trained to help in auto accidents and look for signs of injuries that may be more serious than you realize, or even life-threatening. Follow their advice.
If you decide to drive yourself to the emergency room, or if later in the day you realize you need to go to the ER the following emergency rooms are located in the Plano, Texas area:
- Medical City Plano Emergency Room – Emergency, 3901 W 15th St Entrance, Plano, TX 75075. Phone +1 972 596 6800
- Texas Health Presbyterian Plano Emergency Room – 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093. Phone +1 972 981 8000
- Other Emergency Rooms in the DFW area
The first thing you need to do is hire a personal injury lawyer with experience handling auto accident cases. Hire a personal injury lawyer that handles car accident cases. Do your research. Speak to the lawyer before you hire them. In addition to hiring an attorney, the following guide will help you protect your rights to the compensation you are owed due to the other driver’s negligence.
- Do not speak to the insurance company if you are injured. If you are injured the insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible for your injury claim. If they can find a reason to deny your claim they will do so. Insurance adjusters are trained to ask questions that elicit answers from you that they can use to deny your claims. Let your lawyer talk to the insurance company on your behalf if you have an injury.
- Follow up with medical care if you have an injury from the accident. If you are injured and need follow-up care and do not know where to go for treatment, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you find a medical facility that will treat your injury. If you do not know how you will be able to pay for the treatment, we can find a medical facility that will agree to defer the collection of the bills until after we receive the payments from the insurance company for your injury claim.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you may have. If you have any visible injury you need to take photos. The insurance adjuster will demand proof of any injury you claim, and photos of visible injuries from the accident are part of that proof.
- Get a repair estimate at a body shop. Do not rely on the insurance company’s repair estimate. The insurance company will always write their estimate lower than the cost of the actual repairs.
- Body Shops: Body shops will typically do a free estimate for people who have been involved in an auto accident. The following is a list of body shops in the Plano, Texas area that can do estimates and can do the repairs on your vehicle.
- Rental Cars: If you need a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired you need to make sure the rental car company knows that you need the vehicle due to an accident. They will get the insurance company’s information and set up a direct bill with the insurance company if possible. That way the rental car company will bill the insurance company directly. Rental car companies in the Plano area include:
- Keep track of any costs or expenses related to the accident or injury. Keep track of any bills, expenses, receipts, or other evidence of what you are having to pay out of pocket due to the accident. Give copies of what you have to your attorney so they can get you reimbursed for these items.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100 to speak to Attorney Doug Goyen today, or contact us on our website contact form. We handle auto accident cases with personal injuries. We look forward to helping you with your case.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
Plano, Texas is a suburb mostly within Collin County with a 2019 estimate of over 287,677 residents. The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides services to clients in Plano, Texas as well as all cities in the Collin/Dallas and Fort Worth areas. Europeans started settling in the area in the 1840s. Plano was incorporated in 1873.
Auto Accident resources in Plano, Texas
- Plano Police Department – 909 14th St, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 424 5678
- Signature Towing – 1204 Municipal Ave, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 423 4010
- Plano Municipal Center – 1520 K Ave, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 941 7000
- Plano Municipal Court – 900 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 941 2199
If you are visiting Plano and have an auto accident and you now have an unexpected need for lodging and places to eat during your stay while dealing with the accident, the following restaurants, hotels, and activities are in Plano, Texas:
Hotels in Plano, Texas
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Plano Central – 3316 Central Expy, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 905 5786
- Quality Inn & Suites Plano East – Richardson – 1616 N Central Expy, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 578 8555
- Candlewood Suites Plano North – 3340 Premier Dr, Plano, TX 75023. Phone +1 972 637 9002
Restaurants in Plano, Texas
- Urban Crust – 1006 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 509 1400
- Fish Shack – 700 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 469 229 0838
- The Fillmore Pub – 1004 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 423 2400
Attractions in Plano, Texas
- Interurban Railway Museum – 901 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 941 2117
- Bob Woodruff Park – 2601 San Gabriel Dr, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 941 7250
- Haggard Park – 901 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074. Phone +1 972 941 7275
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Garland Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Car Accident Community Pages near Plano
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- McKinney, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Frisco, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Allen, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Addison, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Carrollton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Garland, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Richardson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Sherman, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Far North Dallas, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Farmers Branch, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Medical Bills Accident Attorney in Plano
- Pain and Suffering Lawyer in Plano
- Plano Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Plano Distracted Driver Accident Attorney
- Plano DWI Accident Lawyer
- Plano Intersection Accident Lawyer
- Plano Lost Income Lawyer
- Plano Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Plano Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Plano Personal Injury Attorneys
- Plano Rear-End Accident Attorney
- Plano Red Light Accident Lawyer
- Plano Truck Accident Lawyer
- Plano Wrongful Death Lawyer