Plano Pedestrian Accident
Since 1997, attorney Doug Goyen has represented Plano residents in personal injury cases involving automobile accidents. When Plano residents require the services of a Plano pedestrian accident attorney, the Law Office of Doug Goyen assists them in obtaining the compensation they are entitled to. Attorney Goyen has lived in Plano, Texas since 1999 and is intimately familiar with the city’s highways, roadways, and streets. For our clients, the Law Office of Doug Goyen provides experienced, aggressive, and powerful representation. Our outcomes are proven. Our Plano auto accident lawyer obtains compensation for our client’s injury claims.
Pedestrians frequently use Plano’s streets and sidewalks at all hours of the day and night. They are walking to and from stores, restaurants, and work, as well as parks where they are taking their children to play or sports where they are taking them to play, which are frequently in or near parking lots. Unfortunately, too many drivers fail to notice them in places like crosswalks, or they ignore or refuse to respect pedestrians who have the right of way. The consequences can be disastrous.
According to Texas Department of Transportation statistics, in 2019 in Texas:
- 5,952 vehicles collided with pedestrians.
- 5,952 vehicles collided with pedestrians.
- As a result of the collisions, 5,049 pedestrians were injured.
The most important thing you can do is seek the advice of an experienced Plano pedestrian accident attorney. We will provide a free and immediate review of your case at the Law Office of Doug Goyen, with no strings attached. You should also try to do the following:
- Refer the driver’s insurance company to the Law Office of Doug Goyen. While you focus on your physical recovery, your attorney from the Law Office of Doug Goyen can handle the driver’s insurer. You should consult with your attorney before making any statements to the insurer or accepting any settlement offer.
- Seek medical help. As soon as possible, a doctor should examine you for injuries and begin your treatment plan. The longer you wait to see a doctor, the longer your recovery will take. Furthermore, some injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, can be difficult to detect. A doctor will know how to examine you and perform the necessary tests.
- Notify your auto insurance company of the accident. You should notify your insurer about the accident, especially if you intend to file a claim with them. If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident, for example, you may need to file an uninsured motorist (UM) claim.
- Obtain a copy of the accident report. Contact the law enforcement agency that prepared the report, such as the Plano Police Department, or request a copy from the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Keep all of your information in one place. Keep photographs of the accident scene, witness names and phone numbers, insurance company letters, and receipts for all accident-related expenses, including medical bills.
- Maintain a journal. Keep track of how your injuries affect your ability to work and engage in other activities by writing a summary of what you remember about the accident.
Distracted driving frequently leads to collisions between pedestrians and drivers in Plano and other Texas communities. Too many drivers are distracted by texting or talking on their phones and fail to notice what is going on around them. As a result, they frequently fail to notice pedestrians in crosswalks or walking alongside the road.
Most pedestrian accidents revolve around the question of who had the right of way: the pedestrian or the driver. According to the Texas Transportation Code, drivers in our state must yield to pedestrians when making a turn at an intersection, including lawful turns after coming to a complete stop at a red light, stop sign, or flashing red signal. Pedestrians also have the right of way when they:
- Are in a clearly marked crosswalk (or in the case of a child in close proximity to a school zone crosswalk)
- Follow a walk signal or walk with a green light.
- From a driveway, private road, or alley, exit or enter the road.
Accidents occur when drivers disregard traffic laws and fail to stop, or when they drive dangerously close to pedestrians. If a driver’s failure to yield resulted in injuries to you or a loved one, you should take immediate action to protect your legal rights and seek all compensation you are owed.
At the Law Office of Doug Goyen, we fight for the rights of injury victims and their families, including pedestrians injured in car accidents caused by careless drivers.
Throughout the history of our firm, we have obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients throughout Texas. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, we will put our experience to work for you right away.
Now is the time to call or contact us online. We will review your case in our free consultation.How Can You Be Helped by a Plano Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
Our goal at the Law Office of Doug Goyen is to obtain all of the compensation you are owed so that you can move on with your life following a pedestrian accident. We will begin by conducting an in-depth investigation into your case. We may, as part of that investigation,:
Look over the police accident report; When necessary, issue a subpoena and examine the driver’s cell phone records; Examine the results of the driver’s chemical tests if the police took a breath, blood, or urine sample; When available, download and study electronic data recorder information; Gather and examine accident scene photographs; Examine the accident site and the driver’s vehicle; Speak with eyewitnesses; Examine the available video footage; Collect and examine your medical records; Request the driver’s debit and credit card receipts from the time of the accident.
We will investigate why the driver hit you and who should be held accountable for your physical, emotional, and financial harm.
In some cases, the driver should not be held solely responsible. The driver’s employer, or a bar or social host who provided alcohol to the driver, for example, could also be held liable.
We will want to identify every potential defendant as well as all available sources of compensation for you. We may also consult with experts in accident reconstruction, life care planning, and other fields to determine the cause of the accident and fully calculate your losses.
Our lawyers are experienced negotiators and litigators. We will prepare a compelling case for settlement or, if necessary, we will be prepared to go to trial. Please see Our Results for examples of awards we have obtained for clients both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Throughout your case, we will keep you informed of any settlement offers you receive and assist you in making decisions that will impact your case and your future. We will always be available to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have.
The amount of time you have to file a claim after a pedestrian accident in Texas is limited by law. This is referred to as the statute of limitations. In general, you must file a claim within two years of suffering injuries in an accident or the death of a loved one.
If you miss those deadlines, you may lose your right to seek compensation. As a result, it is critical that you contact a lawyer as soon as you are ready to take action.
We represent clients on a contingency fee basis at the Law Office of Doug Goyen. As a result, you will not be required to pay any legal fees unless we obtain a financial recovery for you.
We don’t want your concerns about paying a lawyer upfront to prevent you from seeking the legal assistance you require. We understand how a Plano car accident lawyer can make a significant difference for you and your loved ones as you move forward following a pedestrian accident. Call so we can start working on your case today.
- Plano Car Accident Lawyer
- Medical Bills Accident Attorney in Plano
- Pain and Suffering Lawyer in Plano
- Plano Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Plano Distracted Driver Accident Attorney
- Plano DWI Accident Lawyer
- Plano Intersection Accident Lawyer
- Plano Lost Income Lawyer
- Plano Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Plano Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer
- Plano Rear-End Accident Attorney
- Plano Red Light Accident Lawyer
- Plano Truck Accident Lawyer
- Plano Wrongful Death Lawyer