Mesquite Car Accident Lawyer
Attorney Doug Goyen is a personal injury lawyer that handles car accident cases with injuries. He has served clients in Mesquite, Texas, and the surrounding areas in DFW since 1997. If you need a Mesquite car accident lawyer we will get you the compensation you deserve. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients.
Attorney Goyen has handled thousands of car accident injury cases and has recovered millions of dollars in settlements for his clients. Call us at (972) 599 4100, or contacts us on our website contact form.
The Texas Department of Transportation’s 2019 accident data shows 1,405 reported auto accidents in Mesquite and 55,346 accidents in Dallas County, Texas. The increase in accidents in recent years is due largely to distracted drivers. Drivers divide their attention between looking at their phones and driving. With the increased number of accidents comes an increased number of people injured.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents people injured in accidents. We provide a variety of ways we assist. The following are the common areas we assist with car accident injury claims:
Getting the insurance company to pay the medical bills from your accident. Including ambulance, emergency room, ER doctors, radiology, family doctors, specialists, chiropractic, therapists, or any other medical bill related to your accident.
We help our clients find medical facilities that can treat them for their accident-related injuries.
We help our clients find medical facilities willing to defer collection on their bills until the insurance company releases payment related to their injury.
We get the evidence needed to prove liability so there is no excuse for the insurance company to delay or deny payment.
We gather the evidence needed to get our clients paid for their lost income from missing work due to the accident.
We get the evidence needed to get the full value of pain and suffering, and other ways the injury has caused damage to our clients, so our clients get the full settlement value for their case.
What kind of compensation can you get if you’ve been in a car accident and suffered an injury? In most cases, victims of personal injury are entitled to monetary and non-monetary compensation. The specific damages available to you will be determined by the gravity of your accident and the nature of your injuries.
Economic damages are payments made to compensate you for the financial costs of an accident. These can include both your current out-of-pocket expenses and any costs that can be reasonably projected. Medical bills, nursing care, property damage, and lost wages during recovery are all examples of economic damages.
Non-economic damages are payments made to compensate you for injuries and harms that do not have a direct financial cost. Because these injuries are difficult to quantify, a monetary award can vary greatly from case to case. Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and disfigurement are all examples of non-economic damages.
COMMON TYPES AND CAUSES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
Many accidents could have been avoided if people had simply paid more attention or made better choices. Accidents occur for a variety of reasons, some of which are unpredictable. Drunk driving, reckless driving, and speeding, for example, are completely at the discretion of the driver.
If you've been in an accident, you'll need the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer to fight for the compensation you may be entitled to under the law. Call us today to arrange for a free case evaluation with a member of our team. We recognize that you are under a great deal of stress, and we want to do everything we can to assist you in getting through this difficult time. You can get help from our car accident lawyers. Some of the most common causes of car accidents are as follows:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Trauma Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Internal Organ Injury such as Liver, Kidney, Adrenal Injury or Adrenal Hemorrhage
- Catastrophic Injury
- Neck and Back Injuries, including Whiplash Injury, Cervical Radiculopathy, Bulging Discs and Herniated Discs, Anterolisthesis Injury
- Facial Injury, including Orbital Fractures, Eye Injury, Detached Retina, PVD Eye Injury and Eye Floaters
- Leg Injury, including Knee Injury, ACL Knee Injury, Collateral Ligament Knee Injury,
- Shoulder Injury including Rotator Cuff Injury
- Ankle and Foot Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Chest Injury
- Arm Injury, Hand and Wrist Injury
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
- Wrongful Death
The following checklist is designed for people who have been injured in an auto accident. It has specific information helpful to Mesquite, Texas residents who have been involved in an accident.
Check yourself over, make sure what your injuries are. A major car accident is a traumatic event and the shock from the event can sometimes hide serious injuries. Make sure you are ok. Next check on any passengers you may have. After that check on the people in the other vehicles. If anyone is injured get help immediately.
Call 911 and report the accident. Let them know there are injuries if you or anyone else is hurt.
Exchange information with the other drivers. Texas law requires you to exchange identification and automobile liability insurance information after an accident. This is required regardless of who is at fault, everyone exchanges their information after an accident. Take photographs with your cellphone of the ID and auto liability insurance cards.
Take photos of the damage to each vehicle, yours, and the other vehicles involved. If you are too injured to take photos, call a friend or family member to the scene to help out if possible.
Take photos of the accident scene. Get pictures of any skid marks on the ground and any debris from the accident in the area. Take photos of the roadway you were driving on – where you were coming from and where you were going. Take photos of the roadway the other drivers were driving on – where they were coming from and where they were going.
Cooperate with the police when they show up. They will interview everyone involved separately to get each person’s statement about what happened. Give them your statement and ask for the police report number so a copy of the police report can be ordered.
Mesquite Accident Reports: You can get a copy of your police accident report from the Mesquite Police Department here: Mesquite Police Accident Reports
Texas DOT Accident Reports: Another place to locate accident reports is through the Texas Department of Transportation. If it has been 2-3 weeks or longer since your accident, the report is likely on this database as well: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports
If ambulance personnel check you out and determine you need to go to the hospital, then you should go and get yourself examined. If you have symptoms that ambulance personnel believes warrant a trip to the emergency room then you need to go to the ER to make sure you do not have any life-threatening injuries.
If you decide to drive yourself or have someone else drive you to the emergency room, the following emergency rooms are located in the Mesquite area:
- Code 3 ER & Urgent Care at Mesquite – 1080 E Cartwright Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 214 275 9234
- Dallas Regional Medical Center: Emergency Room – 1011 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 214 320 7000
- Surepoint Emergency Center Mesquite Gus Thomasson – 3400 Gus Thomasson Rd, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 682 7961
- Surepoint Emergency Center Mesquite Samuell Farm – 1745 N Belt Line Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 469 372 1127
- PrimaCare Medical Center – 1280 N Town E Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 686 1880
- 1st Class Urgent Care – 529 N Galloway Ave #16, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 288 2300
- Concentra Urgent Care – 4928 Samuell Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 214 328 1400
Hire a personal injury lawyer that handles auto accidents with injuries. The Law Office of Doug Goyen will help you with your damage to your vehicle, they will help you deal with the insurance company to get your medical bills from the accident paid, they will help you find treatment for your injuries, they will help you get any lost income paid, and they will get the full value of your pain and suffering from your injury so you can be paid for your injury.
If you were injured in the accident you need to follow up with a medical facility. Make an appointment to get checked out. If you do not know what doctor to see, or if you are worried about how you will pay for the medical treatment, you need to contact a lawyer. The Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you find a medical facility that will see you for your injuries and can issue a letter of protection to the medical facility so they will defer billing you for your treatment until the auto insurance involved issues payment for your injury.
Do not speak to the insurance company if you were injured in your auto accident. The insurance adjuster’s job is to try and keep payments as small as possible. If they can avoid paying a claim they will do so. They are looking for you to say something that they can use against you.
Get your own estimate for the damage to your vehicle. Body shops typically will do a free estimate for someone involved in an auto accident. They want your business.
The following body shops are in the Mesquite area:
- Mesquite Collison Center – 1422 U.S. 80 Frontage Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 288 9543
- Town East Collision – 18411 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 468 8198
- Galicia Body Shop – 2612 U.S. 80 Frontage Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 214 912 2143
- Elias Body Shop – 712 S Sam Houston Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 289 0101
- Williams Paint & Body Inc – 924 Military Pkwy, Mesquite, TX 75149. +1 972 288 5479
- Maaco Auto Body Shop & Painting – 3216 I-30, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 214 278 6327
- Service King Collision East Mesquite – 1215 U.S. 80 Frontage Rd, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 285 3480
- B & D Paint & Body – 1330 N Belt Line Rd, Mesquite, TX 75149. +1 972 279 1958
- Joe Hudson’s Collision Center – 440 S Town E Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75149. +1 214 753 4157
- Service King Collision Mesquite – 4036 I-30 Frontage Rd, Mesquite, TX 75150. +1 972 270 3365
While your vehicle is being repaired due to the accident, if you need a rental car, the following rental car companies are in the Mesquite area:
- Swif-T Rent A Car – 909 Gross Rd #440, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 289 2012
- Budget Car Rental – 3000 Town East Mall Suite D, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 270 2861
- Swift Rental Car – 107 S Walker St, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 469 371 3782
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 18411 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 270 4597
- Hertz – 3600 Gus Thomasson Rd, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 686 8900
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 3848 I-30, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 613 5245
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 4930 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75150. +1 972 682 9346
Be careful what you put on social media. Assume the insurance adjuster and the lawyers at the insurance company will see whatever you post. Do not post anything that may harm your case.
Do you need to speak to a Mesquite car accident lawyer? If you or someone you know needs assistance in an injury case call (972) 599 4100. The Law Office of Doug Goyen offers a free consultation and a free strategy session regarding your case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. Call us today.HOW MUCH WILL A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER COST?
We charge you nothing upfront. You pay nothing if you do not win. The Law Office of Doug Goyen charges a contingency fee in personal injury cases related to auto accidents. This means that we take a percentage of whatever we can recover in your injury case. The better we do for you, the more we are paid. This aligns our interests with your interests, to get the best possible settlement for your injury.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
Personal injury and auto accident resources in Mesquite, Texas
- Mesquite Police Department – 777 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 285 6336
- Hester’s Wrecker Services – 1341 Tripp Rd, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 288 9385
- Mesquite Municipal Center – 1515 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75149. +1 972 288 7711
If you are visiting Mesquite and have an auto accident and have an unexpected need to find a hotel and places to eat due to the accident, the following restaurants, hotels, and activities are in the Mesquite area.
Hotels in Mesquite, Texas
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite – 21850 I-635, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 288 9900
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dallas Mesquite – 118 US-80, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 590 8349.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dallas Mesquite – 500 Rodeo Center Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75149. Phone +1 972 329 1333
- Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Mesquite – 2300 I-30 Frontage Rd, Mesquite, TX 75150. Phone +1 972 681 3300
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Mesquite – 1700 Rodeo Dr, Mesquite, TX 75149. +1 972 329 3100
Restaurants in Mesquite, Texas
- Tasty Chicken and Wings – 302 S Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75149
- Joe’s Pizza & Pasta – 308 S Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75149
- Tortilleria la Union – 1811 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75149
- Mesquite BBQ Since 1959 – 145 E Davis St, Mesquite, TX 75149
- Mesquite Diner – 313 US-80, Mesquite, TX 75150
Activities in Mesquite, Texas
- Xcape Adventures – 2414 East, US-80 #100, Mesquite, TX 75149
- Celebration Station – 4040 Towne Crossing Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75150
- Mesquite Arts Center – 1527 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX 75149
- Town East Park – 2724 N Town E Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75150
- City Lake Park – 200 Parkview St, Mesquite, TX 75149
(Click the following link for directions to our Addison office: Law Office of Doug Goyen)
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001
Our office is conveniently located off the North Dallas Tollway a few miles from the Galleria. We located in the Madison Business Center at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001. Directions to our office from Mesquite are as follows: Head west on 635 and exit Tollway North, from the Tollway, exit Keller Springs Road – stay in the far left lane, take a u-turn under the Tollway on to the Parkway, our office is the second building on your right. The Madison Business Center.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Garland Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Car Accident Community Pages:
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rockwall Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Garland Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Mesquite Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Balch Springs Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Arlington Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Oak Cliff Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Desoto Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Duncanville Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lancaster Car Accident Lawyer near me