Duncanville Car Accident Lawyer
If looking for a Duncanville car accident lawyer call (972) 599 4100. We will start working on your case immediately. Attorney Doug Goyen has represented residents of Duncanville in auto accident injuries since 1997. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has settled thousands of car accident cases for millions of dollars for our clients. We provide powerful, experienced, and aggressive representation for our clients. You can count on us to get the compensation you deserve for your case.
The Texas Department of Transportation’s 2019 accident data shows 55,346 reported auto accidents in Dallas County, Texas. The increase in accidents in recent years is due largely to distracted drivers. Drivers divide their attention between looking at their phones and driving. With the increased number of accidents comes an increased number of people injured.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen represents people injured in accidents. We provide a variety of ways we assist. The following are the common areas we assist with car accident injury claims:
Getting the insurance company to pay the medical bills from your accident. Including ambulance, emergency room, ER doctors, radiology, family doctors, specialists, chiropractic, therapists, or any other medical bill related to your accident.
We help our clients find medical facilities that can treat them for their accident-related injuries.
We help our clients find medical facilities willing to defer collection on their bills until the insurance company releases payment related to their injury.
We get the evidence needed to prove liability so there is no excuse for the insurance company to delay or deny payment.
We gather the evidence needed to get our clients paid for their lost income from missing work due to the accident.
We get the evidence needed to get the full value of pain and suffering, and other ways the injury has caused damage to our clients, so our clients get the full settlement value for their case.
Our attorneys can assist you in pursuing both monetary and non-monetary damages from the at-fault insurance company. Economic damages will account for all of your financial losses as a result of your injury, from medical bills to lost wages while you were out of work. Non-economic damages, on the other hand, can include all of your personal damages, from emotional trauma to physical pain.
After a car accident, you may be able to recover financial compensation for the following damages if you hire the right attorney:
- Current medical bills (including ambulance and emergency room fees)
- Future medical bills
- Property damage and loss
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one
Damages will ultimately be determined by the type of injury you sustained and the available liability policies. Brain injuries, for example, can result in a variety of physical and psychological injuries, such as mood swings and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Even if a spinal cord injury does not affect your brain, it can cause emotional problems as you deal with your disability. To ensure that you receive every dollar owed to you following a collision, you will need an attorney who can thoroughly review your case and gather all available evidence to support your claim.
COMMON CAUSES AND TYPES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS
Being in a car accident is an extremely stressful situation. Stress from a car accident can be exacerbated. You may be in for more than you bargained for, from bodily harm to property damage, medical bills to lost wages.
While some car accidents are unavoidable, there are many others that can be avoided. Some accident causes are more prevalent than others. The following are the most common causes of car accidents. Understanding the causes may help you avoid your own collision. The following are some of the most common types and causes of car accidents:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Trauma Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Internal Organ Injury such as Liver, Kidney, Adrenal Injury or Adrenal Hemorrhage
- Catastrophic Injury
- Neck and Back Injuries, including Whiplash Injury, Cervical Radiculopathy, Bulging Discs and Herniated Discs, Anterolisthesis Injury
- Facial Injury, including Orbital Fractures, Eye Injury, Detached Retina, PVD Eye Injury and Eye Floaters
- Leg Injury, including Knee Injury, ACL Knee Injury, Collateral Ligament Knee Injury,
- Shoulder Injury including Rotator Cuff Injury
- Ankle and Foot Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Chest Injury
- Arm Injury, Hand and Wrist Injury
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
- Wrongful Death
The following checklist is for people involved in an accident. The list includes things to do if there is an injury involved. It also includes specific resources for people involved in accidents in Duncanville, Texas.
Check if anyone is injured. Make sure you are not hurt worse than you realize. Accidents are traumatic, sudden, and unexpected. The shock of the accident often causes people not to realize the severity of their injury. Next, check on your passengers. Then check on people in the other vehicles involved. If anyone is injured, get help.
Call 911. If anyone is hurt let the dispatcher know. They will send police and paramedics to help. Police will secure the accident scene, help assist injured people until paramedics arrive, and then take the statements of those involved in the accident.
Write down witness contact information. If there are witnesses at the scene of the accident, get their names, phone numbers, email, and anything else they use for contact. The other driver may seem like they are admitting fault, but they may change their story when the police arrive, or when they report it to their insurance company. If this happens you need the witness information.
NOTE: If you are too injured to do anything on this checklist, call a friend or family member to come to the scene and help with the checklist.
Get IDs and insurance information. Exchange your identifying information and auto liability information with all other drivers. Texas law requires anyone involved in an auto accident to exchange this information regardless of who is at fault in the accident. Take photos of the IDs and insurance.
Get pictures of the vehicles involved in the accident. Get photos of the damage to the other vehicles, the points of impact, and the license plate numbers. Get pictures of any skid marks on the ground and any debris on the ground.
Take pictures of the roadway in the direction you were traveling and in the direction you came from. Take pictures of the direction the other drivers were heading and where they came from as well.
Cooperate with the police officer. The officer will write a report on the accident. You want your statement to be in that report. Tell them your side of the story. Let them know if you are hurt, feeling pain, or have any discomfort you did not have before the accident. It will all be listed on the police report.
- Duncanville Police Accident Reports: The Duncanville Police Department has their accident reports available online here: Duncanville Police Accident Reports.
- Texas DOT Accident Reports: Another place to locate accident reports is through the Texas Department of Transportation. If it has been 2-3 weeks or longer since your accident, the report is likely on this database as well: Texas Department of Transportation Accident Reports
Tell paramedics if injured. Let the paramedics check your condition. They are trained to recognize symptoms and signs that your injury may be worse than you realize. Tell them of any pains or discomfort you have.
Emergency Rooms: If you decide to go to the emergency room on your own, the following emergency rooms are located in the Duncanville area:
Before doing anything else, if you were injured in an accident you need to hire a lawyer that does personal injury cases related to car accidents. Speak to the actual lawyer before hiring them. Do not sign up unless you are able to talk to the lawyer first. The lawyer represents you, not the case manager, so you want to be comfortable that the lawyer will do the job needed to protect your rights and get you the results you need.
Do not talk to any auto insurance companies if you are hurt. If you have been injured, let your lawyer do the talking for you. If you are hurt the insurance adjuster’s job is to try and minimize your claim as much as possible. If they can get you to say something that gets them out of paying at all, they will do so.
Get follow-up care for your injury. If you do not know where to go or do not know how you can afford treatment, the Law Office of Doug Goyen can find medical facilities that can treat you and will defer collecting on their bill until the insurance company releases payments for your injury.
Take pictures of visible injuries. Take photos of bruising, cuts, abrasions, or anything else that is visible. The insurance company will want proof of any injury, and photos of injuries from the accident help.
Get an estimate for the repair of your vehicle. Get your own estimate. The insurance company will write an estimate that is lower than the actual cost to repair your vehicle. They do this because some people do not actually repair their vehicle after an accident and use the money for other expenses they have incurred. This allows the insurance company to save money by paying less than what damage was caused.
If there is a dispute about liability that arises, you need your own estimate to prove the amount of damage that was done.
Body shops often write free estimates – they want your business. Body shops in the Duncanville, Texas area that can write estimates and do repairs for your vehicle include:
- Duncanville Collision Center – 722 N Main St, Duncanville, Texas
- 972 Customs Paint, Collision, & Auto Sales Services – 1002 N Duncanville Rd, Duncanville, Texas
- Craig’s Collision Center – 855 E Hwy 67, Duncanville, Texas
Keep copies of bills and receipts. Anything you have had to pay or owe due to the auto accident needs to be reimbursed. Give copies of everything to your lawyer so you get reimbursement for these expenses.
Watch what you post on social media. Assume everything you post will be seen by the adjuster or the insurance company lawyers. They will use anything they can to call your injury into question, so be careful what you post.
Call the Law Office of Doug Goyen. Speak to our lawyer. We will start working on your case immediately. Call (972) 599 4100.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes car crash cases (automobiles, 18 wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians struck by vehicles, etc.), premises cases (such as injuries caused by a dangerous condition on a property), dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner’s negligence causes injury to someone else), workplace injuries, and other injuries caused by the negligence or harmful acts of others.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Garland Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Car Accident Community Pages:
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Rockwall Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Garland Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Mesquite Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Balch Springs Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Arlington Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Oak Cliff Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Desoto Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lancaster Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving