Dallas Unsafe Lane Change Accident Lawyer
The Texas Transportation Code prohibits drivers from making improper lane changes in a variety of situations. Motorists who do not follow these rules endanger themselves and others on the road. These drivers will also face legal consequences if an improper lane change causes an accident that results in personal injuries. If you or a loved one are injured in an accident and need a lane change accident lawyer, due to an accident caused by a driver who made an unsafe lane change, you may be entitled to compensation under Texas law. To learn more, contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen, an experienced auto accident attorney.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100TEXAS LANE CHANGE LAWS
Changing lanes is something that many drivers do without thinking. It is a normal part of the flow of traffic on any road. It should be done with caution and in a way that other drivers can anticipate and respond to. Here are some important Texas law provisions that govern how to make a proper lane change.CHANGING LANES SAFELY
When driving on a road with two or more lanes traveling in the same direction, Texas Transportation Code 545.060(a) states that “an operator on a roadway divided into two or more clearly marked lanes for traffic, shall drive as nearly as practical entirely within a single lane, and may not move from the lane unless that movement can be made safely.” All lane markings must also be followed by drivers. This includes restrictions or prohibitions on changing lanes in specific areas (such as restrictions posted in construction zones).TURN SIGNAL USE
Texas Transp. Code 545.104(a) states “an operator shall use their signal . . . to indicate an intention to turn, change lanes, or start from a parked position.” Before changing lanes, use a turn signal; failing to do so can be dangerous. It may catch motorists in other lanes off guard. Additionally, it can cause those drivers to over-brake, swerve, or engage in other erratic driving behavior. All of this can lead to mishaps.MERGING VEHICLES MUST YIELD
Texas Transportation Code 545.060(a) states that “an operator . . . may not move from the lane unless that movement can be made safely.” When merging, there is a duty to yield. When merging, it is improper to change lanes aggressively and without regard for other vehicles. A driver entering a highway from an on-ramp with a merge lane, for example, must yield to vehicles already on the highway. Similarly, cars in the general flow of traffic must make it easier for merging traffic to join the general flow. If possible, they should change lanes to allow for merging traffic.MAKE LEFT TURNS FROM LANES CLOSEST TO THE LEFT
According to the law, Tex. Transp Code 545.101 states “to make a left turn at an intersection, an operator shall approach the intersection in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to a vehicle moving in the direction of the vehicle”. Furthermore, “after entering the intersection, turn left, leaving the intersection so as to arrive in a lane lawfully available to traffic moving in the direction of the vehicle on the roadway being entered.” These laws aim to reduce accidents by prohibiting drivers from cutting off vehicles in left-turn lanes.
No Fee Unless You Win Call (972) 599 4100WHAT COMPENSATION CAN YOU GET FROM A SETTLEMENT?
The amount of damages you may be able to recover is entirely dependent on the severity of the accident, the types of losses you suffered, and the amount of coverage provided by your insurance policy. You may have totaled your vehicle. You might not be able to work in the same capacity as before. You may have experienced whiplash as a result of your accident, which is common in car accidents.
When seeking a monetary award, there are several types of damages to consider. Among the losses a personal injury attorney can help pursue are:
- Lost wages, benefits, tips, or bonuses while you were out of work recovering from an injury.
- Medical expenses, such as prescriptions, hospital stay, emergency care, follow-up doctor visits, and assistive mobility devices.
- Transportation or rental expenses while your car is being repaired or before you can buy a replacement.
- Pain and suffering.
- Suffering from mental anguish.
- The amputation of a limb, a disfigurement, or a physical impairment.
There may be other damages as well. Contact a Dallas auto accident attorney to discuss your case.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM INVOLVED IN AN IMPROPER LANE CHANGE ACCIDENT?
Drivers who break Texas law by making an improper lane change risk being involved in an accident. This could endanger other drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians. Here are some pointers if you have been in an accident caused by another driver who changed lanes improperly.
- Report the accident to authorities as soon as possible. This ensures that an accurate and timely record of the accident is kept. You want the record to show that the accident was caused by a faulty lane change.
- Gather information. Take photos or video with your phone, exchanging contact information with the other driver(s), noting any nearby traffic or security cameras, and gathering contact information from any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you believe your injuries are minor. It can be difficult to determine the severity of an injury in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Consult a medical professional to protect your health and to ensure the preservation of accurate records of any injury and how it occurred.
- Seek the advice of an experienced auto accident attorney to determine whether you have a claim. You may be able to seek compensation from the driver who caused your injury by changing lanes improperly. Every accident is unique, and there are no guarantees, but you will almost certainly be able to recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Before speaking with an auto insurance company, contact an improper lane change accident attorney in Dallas.
Do not put off any of the aforementioned tasks. As time passes, all of them become more difficult to complete. This can make it less likely that you will receive the compensation you deserve. Indeed, if you wait too long, you may lose your right to compensation entirely.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100SHOULD YOU HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN DALLAS?
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident and need an unsafe lane change accident lawyer, contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen right away to speak with a personal injury lawyer. The sooner you contact us, the more likely it is that we will be able to assist you in gathering evidence, pursuing insurance claims, and recovering the maximum compensation you are entitled to. Contact us online or by phone at (972) 599 4100 today.FREE CASE REVIEWS
If you are looking for an auto accident attorney, call (972) 599 4100. We offer free phone consultations. We also provide a free strategy session. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, legal issues involved, and legal issues we identify as being critical to maximizing the compensation owed.THERE IS NO FEE IF WE DO NOT WIN
You owe us nothing if we are unable to recover. We charge a contingency fee structured to take a percentage of what we recover. As a performance-based contract, the better we do for you, the better we do for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with our client’s interests.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Car Crash Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
Related Causes of Accidents Pages:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
Other Useful Auto Accident Pages:
- Car Wreck Liability Issues
- Changing Story After Accident
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- What We Charge
- What We Do For Our Clients
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer – FAQs
- Do I Need a Lawyer for an Injury Case?
- Do I Need A Lawyer For My Injury?
- How Much is the Attorney’s Fee?
- How Much Will My Settlement Be?
- Information Needed for Your Injury Claim
- Settling Personal Injuries
- What Your Injury Lawyer Will Do
- Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me