Dallas Intersection Accident Lawyer
Have you been hurt in a car accident in Dallas at a red or yellow light? Are you looking for a Dallas intersection accident lawyer? You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact the auto accident attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen to find out how we can help you maximize the amount of money you receive. We have over two decades of experience handling complex personal injury cases and have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our clients. We understand the devastation that a car accident can cause and will fight to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and find out more.
Aggressive driving at intersections in Dallas is a major cause of car accidents in the city. Many of these collisions happen at yellow and red lights. When a traffic signal changes from green to yellow, drivers are alerted that the flow of traffic through an intersection is about to change. When confronted with a yellow light, the safest option is to slow down and stop. Unfortunately, many drivers see a yellow signal and decide to accelerate through the intersection in order to beat the light.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100DANGEROUS DALLAS INTERSECTIONS
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 36,862 car accidents occurred in Dallas in 2019, with a total of 55,346 accidents reported in Dallas County. The following intersections in Dallas have the highest number of accidents.
- From 2012 to 2015, there were 133 reported accidents on Beltline Road at the North Dallas Tollway.
- Between 2012 and 2015, there were 132 reported accidents on Skillman Street at I-635 (LBJ Freeway).
- From 2012 to 2015, there were 105 reported accidents on Northwest Highway at Walton Walker Blvd.
- From 2012 to 2015, there were 88 reported accidents on South Buckner Blvd at Military Parkway.
- From 2012 to 2015, there were 78 reported accidents at the Julius Schepps exit to Central Expressway at I-635.
Drivers of motor vehicles have a legal obligation to operate their vehicles in a reasonably safe, careful, and prudent manner. Furthermore, this duty extends to driving through all intersections in Dallas and throughout Texas. When two cars approach a traffic intersection at roughly the same time, they must follow the rules. The Law Office of Doug Goyen, your Dallas intersection accident lawyer, frequently deals with these collisions.
At an uncontrolled intersection, for example, the vehicle on the left must yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right when they arrive at about the same time. Violations of this traffic law and similar traffic regulations may result in serious multi-vehicle collisions.
Intersection car accidents can take many different forms, ranging from rear-end collisions to failure to yield collisions. Dallas intersection car accidents, regardless of the circumstances, can result in serious personal injuries. Some may be permanent and long-term.
If you have suffered personal injuries as a result of another driver’s negligence in an intersection car accident, you may be entitled to compensation under the law. The Dallas accident lawyers at the Law Office of Doug Goyen understand that intersection collisions frequently result in serious injuries.
You can meet with a lawyer from our firm. We can talk about the specifics of your accident. We can also file a claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf and negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Finally, if necessary, we can litigate your case in Texas courts.
No Fee Unless You Win Call (972) 599 4100DIFFERENT TYPES OF INTERSECTION ACCIDENTS
An intersection accident can occur in a variety of ways. The following are some examples of intersection accidents:
- Accidents involving pedestrians and automobiles. A pedestrian who is lawfully present in a traffic intersection is especially vulnerable to a distracted driver.
- Accidents involving bicycles and automobiles. Bicyclists who are lawfully riding their bicycles are frequently struck by distracted automobile drivers. These types of collisions can result in serious injuries to those involved.
- Right-turn accidents. A right-turn accident is one of the most common types of intersection accidents. These collisions involve a motorist and a bicyclist or pedestrian and occur when there is a red light and the bicyclist/pedestrian is crossing the intersection and a vehicle making a right-hand turn collides with the victims due to a failure to yield.
- Running Red Lights. The most common cause of intersection collisions is red-light running, also known as running a stop sign. Drivers who fail to see a red light or speed up to make the light frequently cause serious collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians. Red-light running is a major cause of side-impact and head-on collisions.
- Failure to Yield – Failure to yield at intersections, particularly when more than two vehicles are involved, causes numerous motor vehicle accidents as well as numerous bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Many intersection accidents involve left-turning drivers who fail to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Unsafe lane changes, speeding, and aggressive or reckless driving – All of these driving behaviors endanger others, especially at intersections. Drivers are less likely to stop at red lights or notice nearby motorists or pedestrians as a result of these behaviors.
- Driver Distraction – Distracted driving is an issue on all types of roads. Taking your attention away from driving for even a brief moment at an intersection can result in serious collisions, including rear-end collisions and red-light running.
- Accidents Caused by Drunk Driving – When a driver is intoxicated, his or her reaction time slows, which can be costly at intersections where drivers must react to signals. Intersections account for a large proportion of impaired driving accidents.
- Rear-end collisions – This type of collision may occur in an intersection when a rear driver, assuming that the driver in front will proceed through the intersection (i.e., when making a right or left turn), collides with the front driver from behind.
- Side impact or T-bone accidents – The most common type of intersection accident is a T-bone accident, which occurs when one vehicle collides with another from the side, forming a T-shaped shape. These usually happen when one vehicle fails to yield to the other and happens when one vehicle makes a left turn and the other continues straight through the intersection.
- Head-on collisions – While less common in intersections, a head-on collision can occur for a variety of reasons, including when a driver is intoxicated, impaired, distracted, or fatigued.
- A Dallas car accident lawyer can look over the police report as well as any witness statements in your case. This is done to ascertain whether or not a specific driver is liable.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100DRIVERS MUST OBEY THE RULES OF THE ROAD
In the context of personal injury, liability is synonymous with fault. Serious car accidents and injuries can occur when drivers violate traffic laws at intersections or fail to operate their vehicles in a reasonable and safe manner for traffic conditions. Dallas intersection collision lawyers are familiar with a multitude of these scenarios.
In many intersection accidents, a car accident victim must be able to demonstrate that the other driver failed to yield the right-of-way. When a driver violates a traffic law, they violate the standard of care, and if that breach causes an accident and damages, the driver who did not follow the rules of the road is liable for the damages. The accident victim must be able to demonstrate that the injuries and damages were sustained as a direct result of the car accident, rather than prior injuries, prior accidents, or preexisting medical conditions.WE WILL FIGHT FOR COMPENSATION FOR ALL OF YOUR INJURIES
The severity of injuries sustained in an intersection accident is frequently determined by the speed and nature of the crash. Many intersection accidents in Dallas result in serious injuries or death. Whether you were injured in a T-bone accident, a rear-end collision, or a head-on collision, our Dallas car accident attorneys can assist you.
We fight for compensation for all of your accident injuries, including:
- Head injuries, including concussions, and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Fractures and joint injuries
- Chest injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Loss of limbs, including amputations
- Wrongful death of a loved one
These injuries can make it difficult or impossible to work, and medical bills can quickly mount. You should not have to suffer as a result of someone else’s negligence. Give us a call today if you’re ready to start exploring your options. If you are unable to come to our law offices, we would be happy to visit you at home or in the hospital.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100WHAT IS THE VALUE OF AN INTERSECTION ACCIDENT?
The total amount of your settlement or verdict will be determined by how seriously you were injured in the crash. Our attorneys work tirelessly to ensure that you receive every dollar you are entitled to. We also collaborate with experts to forecast your future costs. Our personal injury attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen will fight for compensation to cover your:
- Medical bills, including future medical expenses
- Lost earnings, including future lost earning capacity
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment that causes a diminished quality of life
- Damages for wrongful death
- Damage to your vehicle or property
- And other damages related to the auto accident.
Insurance companies will try to keep you from receiving all of the money you are entitled to. We understand what it takes to create a comprehensive insurance demand based on solid evidence. When our attorneys sit down to negotiate, we will do everything in our power to obtain the maximum compensation available in your case.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100HIRE AN EXPERIENCED DALLAS INTERSECTION ATTORNEY
An intersection accident can result in serious injuries and costs ranging from medical bills to lost wages and more. When you are injured in an intersection accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation and the best legal representation available.
A Dallas intersection accident lawyer from the Law Office of Doug Goyen will fight for you. Our car crash lawyers in Dallas understand how to thoroughly investigate intersection accidents in order to determine fault, have experience negotiating with insurance adjusters, and are not intimidated by the prospect of litigation.
Please contact the Law Office of Doug Goyen online or by phone today to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. We are here to help you.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Car Crash Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
Related Causes of Accidents Pages:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
Other Useful Auto Accident Pages:
- Car Wreck Liability Issues
- Changing Story After Accident
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- What We Charge
- What We Do For Our Clients
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer – FAQs
- Do I Need a Lawyer for an Injury Case?
- Do I Need A Lawyer For My Injury?
- How Much is the Attorney’s Fee?
- How Much Will My Settlement Be?
- Information Needed for Your Injury Claim
- Settling Personal Injuries
- What Your Injury Lawyer Will Do
- Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me