The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides our clients with experienced, aggressive, and powerful representation. If you need a Dallas speeding injury lawyer, Attorney Goyen has over 23 years of experience dealing with auto claims and lawsuits, settling thousands of cases and obtaining millions of dollars for our clients. If you were injured in an accident caused by a speeding driver, you likely have a claim against the driver who caused your injury. Call a personal injury attorney in Dallas at the Law Office of Doug Goyen at (972) 599 4100. We will start working on your case today.
The Texas Department of Transportation reports that there were 25,545 speed related accidents in 2019, many involving serious injuries and fatalities. Nationwide, in 2019, speeding was a factor in 26 percent of all traffic fatalities, killing 9,478, or more than 25 people per day. The total number of fatal motor vehicle accidents caused by speeding was 8,544 according to the NHSA. InjuryFacts has an even higher number of fatalities for 2019, stating that speeding was a factor in 26 percent of all traffic fatalities, killing 9,478, or more than 25 people per day. The total number of fatal motor vehicle accidents caused by speeding was 8,544.
The year before in 2018 the NHSA reported there were 9,378 fatalities in crashes involving at least one speeding driver, accounting for 26 percent of all traffic fatalities for the year.
Speeding is a type of aggressive driving and one of the leading causes of car accidents. Most people drive a little faster than the speed limit almost instinctively. Problems arise when people speed excessively or when they speed in dangerous conditions.
Due to the severity of the impact of a speeding vehicle, speeding drivers cause many serious car accidents with injuries. When a driver speeds, they are exceeding what experts have determined to be a safe speed limit for the specific roadway they are on. Speeding on a roadway causes a driver to be unable to react in time, lose control of their vehicle, or cause other drivers to pull out in front of the speeding vehicle because the other driver was unable to see or properly judge the speed of the speeding vehicle as it came around a curve or passed a slower vehicle.
Section 545.351 of the Texas Transportation Code prohibits driving at a speed greater than what is reasonably prudent under the circumstances and conditions.
Section 545.352 goes on to say that exceeding the speed limit is “prima facie” evidence that the driver was not driving reasonably or prudently.
In most cases, there are injuries involved because a speeding vehicle causes a more severe impact. These injuries are frequently severe or permanent.
The following is a checklist of things to do after a car accident. The checklist is intended to assist those who have been injured in a car accident and can be used in any auto accident. The information in this checklist will help you protect your rights after an accident and ensure you have taken all the steps needed to have your claims paid for the damage done by the speeding driver.
- If injured, request the police come to the scene.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all witnesses you can locate.
- Obtain a copy of the police report number.
- Obtain a complete copy of the police report.
- Place any license plate and DOT number on the vehicle.
- Gather all insurance documents and double-check that they correspond to the vehicles involved, as well as the driver.
- Photograph the vehicles, the people involved, skid marks, damage, debris, and anything else that may be useful in determining what or how the accident occurred.
- Seek medical attention right away if you are injured.
If you break it, you have to pay for it. This age-old common sense rule also applies in personal injury cases. If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you have damages, and the law allows you to seek compensation from those who caused the damage. On behalf of our clients, the Law Office of Doug Goyen employs expertise, first-rate representation, and a strong desire for justice. We pursue the insurance company for car accident injuries. We can begin working on your case right away. Make a call right now to (972) 599 4100.
If you have one or more of the following types of damages from your injuries, Texas law allows you to recover money to pay for the injury that was caused by the negligent conduct for the damage, harm, or loss that was caused. If you have proof of the damage or injury claimed, the person or company who caused the accident or injury can be forced to pay for the following injuries or damages.
In personal injury cases, the following are regularly recoverable damages:
Past and future medical bills: The total amount of medical bills required to treat your injury in the past and in the future.
Past and future lost income: The amount of money you have lost and will lose in the future as a result of your injury.
Disfigurement in the past and future: How the injury physically disfigured you in the past and how it will disfigure you in the future.
Past and future mental anguish: How your physical injury has caused mental anguish to such an extent that it is more than disappointment, resentment, embarrassment, or anger, and how it will continue to do so in the future.
- Compensation is provided for past and future pain and suffering in order to settle a claim, the value of pain and suffering is determined by imagining what a jury would think it is.
Hire an attorney before dealing with the insurance company regarding your injury claim. Insurance adjusters are trained to avoid paying claims whenever possible. They will look for anything you say to use as an excuse not to pay you. For decades, insurance defense lawyers have trained them to pattern questions in order to lead you into saying things that they can later twist into language that you may not realize can be used against you later to deny your claim. They have been trained to avoid paying claims and will do everything in their power to avoid paying you on your injury claim.
If we are unable to recover on your case, you owe us nothing. We charge a contingency fee in personal injury cases. Fees are calculated as a percentage of the amount recovered in your personal injury case. Because this is a performance-based agreement, the better we perform for you, the better we perform for ourselves. This is in both our and your best interests in this case. Call our auto accident attorney today at (972) 599 4100. We will start working on your case immediately.CASE REVIEWS ARE COMPLETELY FREE
Do you require the services of a Dallas speeding injury lawyer? Call Attorney Doug Goyen, he has been an auto accident lawyer since 1997. We offer free phone consultations and strategy sessions with our lawyer about your personal injury case. A summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved in your case, and identification of those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your personal injury case are all part of the strategy session. We will email you a copy of this strategy session for your records.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Our office is conveniently located off the North Dallas Tollway a couple miles north of the Galleria. We are located in the Madison Business Center at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas 75001. Call (972) 599 4100.
By Doug Goyen, Attorney – firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Car Crash Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
Related Causes of Accidents Pages:
- Tailgating Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Debris Causing Accidents
- Driving while Fatigued
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Multiple Car Crash Accidents
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Reckless Driver Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Side-Impact Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Red Light Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
Other Useful Auto Accident Pages:
- Car Wreck Liability Issues
- Changing Story After Accident
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- What We Charge
- What We Do For Our Clients
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer – FAQs
- Do I Need a Lawyer for an Injury Case?
- Do I Need A Lawyer For My Injury?
- How Much is the Attorney’s Fee?
- How Much Will My Settlement Be?
- Information Needed for Your Injury Claim
- Settling Personal Injuries
- What Your Injury Lawyer Will Do
- Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me