Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer
Your Frisco personal injury lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen is committed to providing you with the legal representation you require to recover. We work tirelessly to ensure that each client receives the best possible outcome based on their specific circumstances. Call us at (972) 599-4100 for a free case evaluation from a Frisco accident lawyer.
Accidents happen every day in Texas, and many of them could have been avoided if it hadn’t been for the carelessness or wrongdoing of another person. Victims may face physical, emotional, and financial difficulties for months, if not years. If you or a loved one has been injured by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to recover your losses by filing a personal injury claim.
Personal injury victims receive higher settlements when they are represented by an attorney rather than attempting to deal with an insurance company on their own, according to studies.
Injuries caused by negligence are considered unintentional injuries. According to the CDC, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death among people aged 1 to 44. In people aged 45 to 64, they are the third leading cause of death. Many of these injuries are the result of carelessness. Unintentional falls are the leading cause of non-fatal ER visits in the United States, with 8,591,683 people visiting the ER in 2018 for fall-related injuries.
In 2019, 256,338 people were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. In Texas, 3,610 people were killed in car accidents in 2019. In car accidents where the driver was under the influence of alcohol, 886 people were killed.
As the number of personal injury cases increases, so do the number of people who are injured as a result of those incidents. If our firm accepts your injury case, we will handle everything, including:
- Conducting an in-depth investigation into your case to determine how your injury occurred and who should be held legally responsible for the harm you have suffered.
- Consultation with highly qualified experts from various fields, such as accident reconstruction experts and medical professionals. For example, our law firm employs a legal nurse consultant.
- Analyzing your medical records and other data to fully calculate your losses and the appropriate amount to seek in your case.
- Examining all relevant insurance policies in your case and dealing with insurance companies on your behalf
- All documents, including claims with insurance companies and documents in the court where your case will be litigated, must be filed on time.
- Negotiating with insurance companies for a fair and timely settlement of your claim, as well as structuring a settlement to provide financial security for you and your family for the foreseeable future.
- Litigating your case in court.
- Resolving any liens that may have been attached to your recovery, such as health care or workers’ compensation liens.
Our Frisco personal injury attorneys can help you focus on your recovery and your family while we seek fair compensation for your losses.
CITY OF FRISCO, TEXAS
Frisco, Texas was mostly farmland ten years ago. It is now a bustling microcosm of its own, exponential with growth. he Dallas Cowboys have relocated their training facilities to Frisco. Dr. Pepper Ballpark, home of the Frisco RoughRiders baseball team, and Toyota Stadium, home of FC Dallas, are other examples. Frisco had a population of 116,989 according to the 2010 census, and it had a population of 207,748 according to the 2020 census. In 2017, Frisco was the fastest-growing city in the United States.
Stonebriar Mall, as well as the region's Ikea and Nebraska Furniture Mart, provide plenty of shopping opportunities. The Frisco Athletic Center, which has a new indoor water park, Frisco Commons, which has the town's largest playground system, and the Frisco Discovery Center for science all thrive in the area. Something new and exciting opens almost every day, implying that we are only seeing the start of where Frisco is going.
Personal injury cases are typically based on a negligence standard, and plaintiffs must demonstrate that the defendants’ conduct amounted to negligence in order to succeed in their personal injury claims. To establish negligence, the following four elements must be proven:
That the defendant had a duty of care to the plaintiff. This is not a difficult standard to prove because everyone has a duty to act reasonably when engaging in any type of conduct or activity that has the potential to harm another person. For example, if you are backing out of a driveway, you have a responsibility to look behind you and ensure that your path is clear so that you do not collide with any person or vehicle that may be in your path.
That the defendant failed to fulfill his or her duty of care. In most cases, the standard for determining whether or not the defendant breached his or her duty of care is reasonableness. A plaintiff must present evidence demonstrating that in a similar situation, a reasonable person would not have engaged in the same conduct or behavior as the defendant. In some cases, such as a medical malpractice case, the standard may be different, as a plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant’s treatment and care fell below the medical standard of care.
That the plaintiff was harmed as a result of the defendant’s breach of duty. A defendant will not be held liable for breaching a duty of care unless the plaintiff can demonstrate actual injuries and damages.
That the defendant’s breach of duty caused the plaintiff’s injuries. Finally, the plaintiff must demonstrate that the injuries would not have occurred if the defendant had not breached his or her duty of care. In other words, the plaintiff’s injuries were caused by the defendant’s actions or inaction.
You can rely on our Frisco injury lawyer to aggressively pursue the best possible financial recovery for you. We may seek the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical expenses – All reasonable and necessary medical care, treatment, and services you have received and will require in the future to address the harm caused by another.
- Lost income – A recovery of all lost past and future earnings and profits, including any fringe benefits, bonuses, commissions, and other income you would have received if you had not been injured.
- Compensation for pain and suffering – Compensation for the pain and discomfort you have experienced and are likely to experience in the future as a result of a permanent disability.
- Physical impairment – A type of recovery that focuses on the impact a disability will have on your ability to engage in normal daily activities.
- Mental anguish – Compensation for depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues caused by your injuries.
- Disfigurement damages – Compensation for scars or other injuries that result in a change in physical appearance.
- Wrongful death damages – Please see our wrongful death section for more information on the specific types of damages that may be sought in those cases.
The actions you take immediately following an injury can have an impact on your ability to pursue legal action in the future. First and foremost, the injury must be documented at the scene of the accident. If you are hurt at a business, make sure the incident report is completed. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may need to contact the police and Emergency Services in order to document your case and provide emergency medical care.
Second, regardless of whether you believe you have been seriously injured, it is critical to seek medical treatment following a personal injury. Some injuries, in fact, can take hours or days to manifest. If you wait until your symptoms worsen before seeking medical attention, you will lose the ability to properly document your injuries.
Finally, if your injuries are severe or long-lasting, it is time to consult with a personal injury lawyer with local trial experience about your potential legal case. They will be able to advise you on the next steps to take. Not all injuries give rise to strong legal claims. Hiring a personal injury lawyer early in the process, on the other hand, can increase the likelihood that you will have a strong case because they will have a better opportunity to gather the necessary evidence.
The statute of limitations in Texas for personal injury cases varies according to the type and specific circumstances of your case. In Texas, injured parties generally have two years from the date of the injury to file a claim. If your case involves a government entity or a medical malpractice claim, you will also have a shorter filing deadline. Because there are numerous circumstances and factors to consider in your claim, it is critical that you consult with an attorney as soon as possible following your accident. This prevents you from missing any applicable deadlines and, as a result, losing your right to compensation from the responsible party.INJURIES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE IN PERSONAL INJURY CASES
The most common personal injury lawsuits in Frisco may be required for a variety of injuries caused by accidents or other acts of negligence. The following are some of the most common serious personal injuries sustained in accidents:
- Catastrophic injuries
- Neck injuries and back injuries including spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Facial injuries, including fractures, eye injuries and detached retinas
- Chest injuries
- Pelvis & hip injuries
- Arm injuries and shoulder Injuries such as fractures and rotator cuff injury
- Foot injuries and ankle injuries
- Leg injuries and knee injuries such as torn ACLs
- Hand injuries and wrist injuries
- Burn injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Wrongful deaths
If we are unable to recover, you owe us nothing. We charge a contingency fee based on a percentage of the amount recovered. Because this is a performance-based contract, the better we perform for you, the better we perform for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with those of our client.TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout Texas. This includes automobile accidents such as:
- Frisco Car Accident Lawyer – We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on getting better and taking care of yourself and others.
- Truck Accident Attorney – Large commercial trucks cause significant damage and injuries. We will fight for you to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and that your rights are protected while you recover.
- DWI Accident Attorney – Every year, drunk drivers cause serious injuries and deaths. We go up against their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they caused you.
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney – Pedestrians who are hit by a vehicle can sustain serious injuries. We represent people who have been injured by negligent drivers and assist them in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer – Bicyclists face serious injuries if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney – We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We are suing the insurance company for full compensation.
- Dog Bite Attorney – We represent people who have been injured as a result of a dog attack or other animal that injures that person due to the owner’s negligence.
- Premises Liability and Slip and Fall Lawyer – We represent people who have been injured in “slip and fall” accidents where the owner of the premises was negligent, had a dangerous condition on their premises, and the dangerous condition caused an injury as a result of their negligence.
Call (972) 599 4100 if you need a Frisco personal injury lawyer. We provide free telephone consultations. We also offer a complimentary strategy session. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, legal issues involved, and legal issues we identify as critical to maximizing the amount of compensation owed.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Denton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Richardson Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Carrollton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Mesquite Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Allen Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rockwall Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Farmers Branch Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Addison Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Balch Springs Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Flower Mound Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rowlett Personal Injury Attorney near me
Community Pages near Frisco
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Frisco Car Accident Attorneys near me
- Plano, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- McKinney, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Allen, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Addison, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Carrollton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Garland, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Richardson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Sherman, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Far North Dallas, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Farmers Branch, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me