Allen, Texas Car Accident Attorney
Personal injury lawyer Doug Goyen has handled thousands of personal injury cases, including many cases in Allen, Texas. We represent people injured in car accidents. Attorney Doug Goyen has represented people in car accidents in Texas since 1997.
CHECKLIST FOR A CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CASE IN ALLEN, TEXAS
The following checklist is for anyone involved in a car accident, but is specifically designed for people injured in car accidents in Allen, Texas.
1) Check for any injuries. Check yourself for injuries. An auto accident is a sudden and unexpected event. You are likely experiencing adrenaline pumping through your body due to the shock of this sudden traumatic event. Sometimes people do not realize how seriously they are injured due to the shock of the accident. Check yourself over for anything serious. Check your passengers for any injuries. If they do not need immediate medical attention, then check on the occupants of any other vehicles involved in the accident. If anyone is injured you need to get help right away.
2) Call 911 for the police and ambulance services if anyone is injured including yourself. The police and paramedics need to come to the scene. The police will need to investigate the accident, and the paramedics will need to check on anyone who is injured from the accident.3) Get witness contact information. If anyone witnessed the accident you need to get their contact information. Witnesses often stop immediately after an accident to help, but because they are not actually involved in the accident they may decide to leave once they see their help is no longer needed and the police begin to arrive. Get their information before they leave - name, phone number, email, and whatever else they are willing to give you in case you need them later to verify what they witnessed.
Allen Police Department's website can be located here: Allen Police Department
4) Exchange information with all the other drivers involved in the accident. Texas law requires that drivers exchange identification and automobile liability information after an auto accident. It does not matter who was at fault, every driver is required to exchange information. Get a copy of the other drivers ID and insurance card. Take a picture of every other drivers' information with your cellphone if available.
NOTE: If your injury prevents you from doing any of these steps, you need to get a friend or family member to the scene to help you.
5) Take photographs of the vehicles and of the scene of the accident. Use your cellphone to take photographs of the damage to all of the vehicles involved at the scene of the collision - even if the vehicles have been moved.
Take photographs of any debris or skid-marks on the ground from the accident. Take photos of the direction you were traveling when the accident occurred, and take photos in the direction you were coming from. Do the same with the other vehicles involved in the accident - take photos of the direction they were traveling and take photos of the direction they came from.
6) Give the police your statement when they ask for it. Be cooperative with the police that arrive. They will take each driver's statement individually and away from the other drivers to verify what each person's statement is. You need to tell the police officer what happened so they can use what you say when making the police crash report. Get the police crash report number from the officer so you can get a copy of it later.
Note regarding police crash reports:
Allen Police Department: Often police crash reports take several days to be available. Many police departments allow you to download them online, but Allen Police Department requires you either go in person or request a copy by mail. The Police Crash Report webpage for the Allen Police Department is located here: Allen Police Department Crash Incident Reports
Texas Department of Transportation: Texas DOT gets copies of all police crash reports in Texas. If it has been a few weeks since the accident date the report may be available on the Texas DOT website online located here: TxDOT Crash Reports Online
7) Follow the advice of the paramedics. If you are injured and the paramedics tell you that you need to go to the emergency room, then you should listen to the paramedics. They are trained to look for symptoms from trauma in car accidents that may indicate a more serious injury that could be serious and even life-threatening. Follow their advice and get checked out at an emergency room if they advise you to do so.
8) If symptoms get worse later on. If you were not advised to go to the emergency room but you notice your pain from your injury getting progressively worse and your worsening symptoms make you feel you need to go to the emergency the following ER locations are nearby in Allen, Texas:
Prestige ER (in Plano, but near Allen)
9) Seek medical follow up medical attention for your injury. The emergency room visit is only meant to make sure you are not in a life-threatening situation. They will not usually continue follow up treatment for most types of injuries. You need to find a medical facility that can treat you for your injuries. If you do not know where to go for treatment the Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you find a medical facility to treat you.
If you do not know how you will be able to pay for your treatment we can located medical facilities that can see you on a letter of protection from our office. A letter of protection is a guarantee from your attorney's office that the medical facility will be paid as soon as we receive any payments from the automobile insurance company for your injury. This way you can get the medical treatment you need for your injury and get it paid when the funds are released from the auto insurance companies involved.
10) Get your own estimate on your motor vehicle. Do not rely on the insurance company's estimate. The insurance company writes their estimates low intentionally. A body shop's estimate will typically be higher than the insurance company's estimate because the body shop writes their estimate based on what they see it will take to repair your vehicle. The insurance company will not include certain things in their estimate that need to be repaired until the body shop actually starts repairs and confirms a part needs to be replaced or repaired. If a dispute arises about the claim and you are later forced to file a lawsuit to force the insurance company to repair your vehicle, then you want to have your own estimate as proof of what the repairs will cost - you do not want to have to rely on the insurance company's estimate that does not include everything.
Body Shop estimates: Most body shops offer free estimates on the damage to your vehicle. They want your business. Body shops in the Allen, Texas area to use for an estimate include:
Rental Car: If you need a rental car because your vehicle is not drivable, or while your vehicle is the shop being repaired be sure to use a rental car company that charges insurance company rates for auto accidents. If you do not get that rate you will be charged almost double the price, and the insurance company will likely only pay half of your bill. Rental car companies that charge insurance rates for auto accidents typically will set up their billing directly with the insurance company. The following rental car companies fit into this category and are located in or close to Allen, Texas:
11) Take photographs of the damage to your vehicle that shows the actual damage. If you have been injured in an auto accident, the insurance company's adjuster will often take photos of the damage to your vehicle at angles and lighting that do not clearly show the damage to your vehicle. They try to use these photos in negotiations, and later at trial, to claim that your damage was actually very minor and could not have caused your injury. Take your own photos of the damage to your vehicle that actually shows the damage.
12) Do not speak to the insurance company if your are injured. If you have been injured in a car accident, the insurance adjuster will be looking for ways to deny your claim. They will ask you questions designed to get information from you that they can use to avoid paying some or all of your claims. You need to have your lawyer speak to the insurance company on your behalf. Personal injury lawyers who handle car accidents recognize the questions insurance adjusters and their investigators ask and know how to answer those questions in ways that do not compromise your personal injury claim. If you have not hired a personal injury lawyer yet, tell the insurance company that you are hiring a lawyer and will have the lawyer contact them.
13) Be careful about anything you post on social media. Assume that the insurance adjuster, their investigators, and their lawyers will eventually see everything you have posted on social media. During the time you are receiving treatment for your injury any posts on social media may be used to contradict your claims about your injury. If you post photos of yourself out with friends or family, or doing certain activities, those photos may harm your case since the insurance company may be able to use them to dispute your claims about how severe your injury is.
14) Do your research before hiring a personal injury lawyer. Do your research so you can find the best personal injury lawyer for your case. Ask friends and family if they have had any experience with any personal injury lawyers that handle car accidents. Do online research for personal injury lawyers. But be careful, just because a lawyer shows up in the first spot on a Google search, or on the first page, that does not mean they are a good attorney - it means the have a good internet marketing team. They may be a good lawyer, but you need to do your research and interview them first.
You need to contact at least three different personal injury lawyers and talk to them about your case before deciding who to hire. If you call a law office and you cannot get the actual lawyer on the line to talk to you, and the actual lawyer will not call you back to discuss your case with you, do not hire that law office. You need to speak to the actual lawyer who will be in charge of your case. Do not sign up with a law office based on discussions with case managers. Discuss your case with the lawyer. Ask questions you have concerns about, listen to their advice. Personal injury lawyers give free consultations for car accident cases, so it will not cost you anything to speak to them. After interviewing the lawyers you are considering choose the attorney that is best for your case.
WHAT WE DO FOR OUR CLIENTS
Attorney Goyen personally handles each case. You will have direct contact with the attorney throughout the entire case.
Our job is to get you the compensation you need for your case. If you were injured due to the negligence of another person then you are concerned about your injury. You are concerned about the financial impact that the injury is having on your life. Typical concerns in personal injury cases such as an auto accident injury include:
If you are concerned about any of the above then call The Law Office of Doug Goyen. We get results for our clients. We get the records and other evidence needed to get compensation for your medical bills. If you need help finding a doctor for your injury we help you find a medical facility for your treatment. If you have lost income we gather the information needed to get you compensated for your lost income. We get the evidence and proof needed to get the full value of your personal injury claim so you are paid what you deserve for your injury.
*Medical bills incurred. How are they going to get paid?
*Medical treatment needed. Where can you go to get treatment for your injury? How can you afford this medical treatment?
*Lost income. Your accident may have caused you to miss time from work, or may cause you to miss time. How do you get compensated for your lost income?
*Settlement value of your injury claim. How do you get the full settlement value of your claim?
*Hiring a lawyer. What personal injury lawyer should you hire? Will they collect enough money to pay me for my injury?
TYPES OF CASES WE HANDLE
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout the state of Texas. This includes:
1) Auto accidents (car accidents, 18 wheeler accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrians struck by vehicles, and bicyclists struck by autos);
2) Premises liability cases (such as injuries caused in a slip and fall or by other dangerous conditions on a property);
3) Dog bite cases (or other animals where the owner let their animal loose or had a dangerous animal and the owner's negligence causes injury to someone else);
4) Workplace injuries; and
5) Other personal injuries caused by the negligence or wrongful acts of others.
If you are searching for an personal injury lawyer in Allen, Texas, call us at (972) 599 4100 or contact us on our website contact form. We are located at 15851 Dallas Pkwy #605, Addison, Texas, in the Madison Business Center.
CITY OF ALLEN, TEXAS
The City of Allen and Allen ISD has the largest high school in Texas with a new multi-million dollar stadium, fantastic football and entire athletics program, and over 6,000 students. In addition Allen has the Allen Event Center for concerts and other shows. Activities include the Hydrous Wake Park, Celebration Park and KidMania. The shopping at Watters Creek is fun for days when you want to stroll the shops.
The City of Allen is located in Collin County, Texas - any State Court cases in County Court or District Court are handled out of Collin County, Texas. Allen is a city just north of Dallas, Texas. Allen, Texas had an estimated population of 105,623 in 2019. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has been representing the citizens of Allen, Texas since 1997.
Personal Injury Resources in Allen, Texas
Restaurants in Allen, Texas
Hotels in Allen, Texas
Activities in Allen, Texas
The Allen, Texas municipal court is located at:
Municipal Court and Parks and Recreation Building
301 Century Parkway
Allen, Texas 75013
WHAT WE CHARGE IN CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CASES - CONTINGENCY FEE
There is no fee unless you win! We charge a contingency fee in personal injury cases related to car accidents. This means our fee is a percentage of whatever we can recover in your case. Our interest is the same as your interest.
FREE CASE REVIEWS FOR CAR ACCIDENT CASES
If you or someone you know needs assistance in an injury case call (972) 599 4100 for a free case review, consultation and free strategy session regarding your car accident case. The strategy session includes a summary of your case, identification of the legal issues involved with your case, and identifying those legal issues that will help maximize your recovery in your case. We will email a copy of this strategy session to you for you to keep. Call us today.
Testimonials and Case Studies:Case Studies
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org