Dallas Soft Tissue Injury Lawyer
Accidents result in a wide range of injuries. Even minor harm is cause for concern when it should not have occurred. That is why it is a mistake to disregard soft tissue injuries caused by the negligence or recklessness of others, such as bruises, muscle strains, and sprains. These soft tissue injuries can take a long time to heal. An auto accident lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen is experienced in handling soft tissue injury cases.
Time spent recovering from a soft tissue injury may include time under medical supervision, followed by time away from work. This means that, in addition to the pain of a soft tissue injury, you will incur medical expenses and lost income. Those who sustain soft tissue injuries in an accident that was not their fault have a legal right to seek compensation for their expenses and losses, as well as their pain and suffering.
The Dallas soft tissue injury lawyers at the Law Office of Doug Goyen can assist you if you have suffered a soft tissue injury in an accident. To schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation, call us at 972 599 4100 or fill out our online contact form. We represent clients all over Texas, as well as the Dallas-DFW Metroplex.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100OUR DALLAS SOFT TISSUE INJURY LAWYER CAN HELP
If you sustain a soft tissue injury as a result of someone else's negligence or recklessness, such as a car accident or a slip-and-fall incident, or as a result of workplace conditions, an experienced Dallas soft tissue injury lawyer from the Law Office of Doug Goyen may be able to assist you. You may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses and lost wages while you recover. This may be in addition to any workers' compensation benefits that may be available following an on-the-job injury.
In general, victims of soft tissue injuries caused by accidents can obtain funds to cover the following expenses:
- Medical bills past and future
- Lost earning capacity past and future
- Loss of services past and future
- Property damage, rental bills, towing, storage
- Disfigurement past and future
- Physical impairment past and future
- Pain and suffering past and future
- Mental anguish past and future
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100WHAT IS A SOFT TISSUE INJURY?
Soft tissue injuries are common in collisions and can occur in conjunction with broken bones and other types of injuries. The following are examples of common soft tissue injuries:
- Whiplash occurs when the tendons and muscles in the neck sustain serious damage in a car accident. Whiplash is a common result when someone's head snaps forward and backward with great force. The severity of the collision and the amount of treatment required determine the outcome.
- Bruises, also known as contusions, can cause severe pain and limit mobility in accident victims.
- Sprains and strains: Sprains occur when a ligament is twisted or rolled. Strains occur when a ligament is stretched. Car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, and sports injuries are the most common causes of these injuries. Sprains most commonly affect the wrists, ankles, and knees. Strains are similar in appearance, but they occur in muscles and tendons. Because pain levels between strains and sprains can be similar, medical attention is required following a collision.
- Bursitis is a condition in which small sacs of fluid, known as bursae, act as a cushion between bones and muscles or tendons. When the bursa swells, people experience the severe pain and discomfort of bursitis. This can happen as a result of workplace injuries or other types of accidents.
- Tendonitis occurs when tendons become inflamed, resulting in swelling of the connective tissue between muscles and bones.
- Injuries to the rotator cuff In a collision where your shoulder absorbs a significant amount of force, you may sustain significant damage to the tensions and muscles in this area. This may limit your ability to use one arm.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100SYMPTOMS OF SOFT TISSUE INJURIES
Other, more serious injuries can frequently lurk behind the seemingly innocuous soft tissue case. Spinal injuries, disc bulging and herniation, concussions, and brain injuries can all be the result of what many laypeople mistake for a minor fender-bender.
Symptoms can develop over time, and how you feel right after the accident is not always indicative of the true extent of your injuries.
Do not ignore these symptoms if you notice an increase in your pain or discomfort in the days following your accident. Do not be concerned if you previously stated that you had no injuries to the insurance company or the police. While consistency and credibility are important in any type of legal case, a strong advocate can assist you in mitigating the damage and explaining the previous statement. You have the right to seek treatment for your injuries whenever they manifest.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100WHAT CAUSES SOFT TISSUE INJURIES?
A soft tissue injury can be caused by any traumatic event, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- DWI auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slips and fall and Premises liability accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- and other types of negligence.
Some Dallas personal injury attorneys will only accept your case if your injuries are clearly catastrophic. We understand that all injuries can be catastrophic and detrimental in their own way at the Law Office of Doug Goyen. So, please do not hesitate to contact our firm for assistance with your soft tissue injury case.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR SOFT TISSUE INJURIES IN TEXAS
When you are involved in an accident, Texas state law states that you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for damages. This is referred to as a statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for most personal injury cases is two years. When you discover your soft tissue injury, which may or may not be the date of your accident, the clock starts ticking.
In some cases, the statute of limitations may be different. For example, if you believe the government is to blame – perhaps you were hit by a city-owned vehicle – you will have less time to act. Keep in mind that if you wait until the applicable statute of limitations has expired before filing a claim, you will be unable to recover anything.
Call For A Free Case Review (972) 599 4100CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Your attorney at the Law Office of Doug Goyen will assist you every step of the way. Our commitment to you is that a partner-level attorney will be personally involved in every aspect of your case. Throughout the case, we are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Remember that this may be your first, and hopefully last personal injury case, so it is understandably stressful and uncertain. The Dallas accident attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen have handled hundreds of cases just like yours, and we know exactly what to do to help you get the most compensation for your injuries. Call (972) 599 4100 today for a free, no-obligation consultation to see how we can assist you!THERE IS NO FEE IF WE DO NOT WIN
If we are unable to recover, you owe us nothing. We charge a contingency fee based on a percentage of the amount recovered. Because this is a performance-based contract, the better your Dallas personal injury attorney performs for you, the better we perform for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with those of our client.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Dallas Motor Vehicle Accident Pages:
- Car Crash Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
Related Personal Injury Pages:
- Construction Accident Injury Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Premises Liability Lawyer
- Workplace Injury Lawyer
Related Injuries in Accidents Pages:
- Common injuries caused by accidents
- Catastrophic Injury
- Brain Trauma
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Burn Injuries
- Internal Organ Injury
- Adrenal Injury
- Back Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Bulging Discs and Herniated Discs
- Anterolisthesis Defined
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Whiplash Injury
- Chest Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Leg Injury
- Knee Injury
- Torn ACL Knee Injury
- Collateral Ligament Knee Injury
- Ankle Injury
- Foot Injury
- Facial Injury
- Eye Injury
- Orbital Fracture
- Detached Retina
- PVD Eye Injury
- Eye Floater Injury
- Shoulder Injury
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Arm Injury
- Wrist Injury
- Hand Injury
- Acute Injury Defined
- Amnestic Defined
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
- Different Types of Fractures