Denton Personal Injury Lawyer
Your Denton personal injury lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen is committed to providing you with the legal representation you require to recover. We work tirelessly to ensure that each client receives the best possible outcome based on their specific circumstances. Call us at (972) 599-4100 for a free case evaluation.
Accidents happen every day in Texas, and many of them could have been avoided if it hadn’t been for the carelessness or wrongdoing of another person. Victims may face physical, emotional, and financial difficulties for months, if not years. If you or a loved one has been injured by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to recover your losses by filing a personal injury claim.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen’s experienced personal injury team has the knowledge and resources to assist you in fighting for the restitution you deserve. People are frequently overwhelmed by the complicated process of filing a claim, gathering evidence, and presenting it in court. With the assistance of a skilled trial attorney, you will be guided through every step of your journey toward receiving financial assistance to properly heal.
You will be competing with large, powerful insurance companies. They have most likely fought and won similar claims in the past. Without the assistance of a legal professional with a proven track record, you will be at a significant disadvantage and will almost certainly lose your case. Even if you do not believe you require legal representation, whoever you are suing will retain one, and you are entitled to the same level of legal representation as the defendant in your civil suit. Your lawyer fights for you and acts on your behalf, relieving you of the burden of dealing with a lawsuit.
If you have been seriously injured, contact a Denton personal injury attorney at (972) 599 4100 to determine whether you are entitled to compensation.
CITY OF DENTON, TEXAS
Denton, Texas is a lively and expanding community with many opportunities for everyone, regardless of their preferences or interests. You're free to be yourself in a welcoming environment with a small-town feel that's only a short drive from the big cities in the DFW Metroplex. Denton is one of the top 25 fastest-growing communities in the US, with a vibrant downtown and entrepreneurial culture. It was named the No. 1 Best Small Town in America by Rand McNally and USA Today in 2012. Denton is the county seat of Denton County, Texas. As of 2019, the population was estimated to be 141,541.
Following a serious accident or injury, you may have many questions. Do I need the assistance of a lawyer? What steps should I take to file a lawsuit? Who is responsible for paying my medical bills? Denton personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you.
As a victim of someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation for the costs associated with your injuries. People who do not hire a lawyer to represent them, unfortunately, are unlikely to receive the full amount to which they are entitled. Our personal injury lawyers can help you recover compensation for your:
Economic damages are those that represent the financial losses incurred by the accident victim that can be directly linked to economic factors. Economic losses include the following:
These types of damages are typically straightforward and may not be too difficult to prove. Loss of earning capacity is another type of economic damage. If an accident prevents you from returning to work or if you can only do lower-paying work, you may be able to recover the difference between what you can earn now and what you were expected to earn before the accident. In most cases, an economic expert witness is required to establish this component of your damages claim.NON-ECONOMIC DAMAGES
Non-economic damages are those that are not directly related to a specific economic loss and can be more difficult to prove. They include the following types of losses:
In addition, there may be other damages you may be able to recover depending on the case, such as:
Our experienced team of lawyers and legal staff will answer your questions, address your concerns, and keep you informed every step of the way. We will handle all phone calls, paperwork, and negotiating with insurance companies so that you can recover with peace of mind. Furthermore, there is no fee unless we win your personal injury case. To accomplish this, we will enlist the assistance of the industry’s top experts, investigators, and witnesses, as well as cutting-edge technology, to build your case. We cover all of these expenses and charge a fee (a percentage of the settlement or verdict) only if we win.
We make it easy for you to meet with us for a free consultation. If you are unable to come to us due to your injuries, we can come to you.
Personal injury lawsuits in Denton and throughout Texas may be necessary for a variety of injuries that occur as a result of accidents or other negligent acts. Some of the most common serious personal injuries sustained in accidents are as follows:
- Neck Injuries and Back Injuries, including Whiplash Injury, Cervical Radiculopathy, Bulging Discs and Herniated Discs, Anterolisthesis Injury and Soft Tissue Injury
- Leg Injury, including Knee Injury, ACL Knee Injury, Collateral Ligament Knee Injury
- Shoulder Injury including Rotator Cuff Injury
- Ankle and Foot Injury
- Pelvis & Hip Injury
- Facial Injury, including Orbital Fractures, Eye Injury, Detached Retina, PVD Eye Injury and Eye Floaters
- Chest Injury
- Arm Injury, Hand and Wrist Injury
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis
A “catastrophic” injury is one that has a long-term negative impact on a person’s life. Catastrophic injuries can impair a person’s physical appearance, mobility, mental capacity, and overall ability to enjoy life. They are typically associated with extensive surgery, hospitalization, long-term medical treatment, rehabilitation, and a lengthy recovery period. Here are a few examples of catastrophic injuries:
- Catastrophic Injury in General
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Serious Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries including paralysis
- Internal Organ Injury such as lacerations to the Liver or Kidney, Adrenal Injury or Adrenal Hemorrhage
Personal injury cases are typically based on a negligence standard, and plaintiffs must demonstrate that the defendants’ conduct amounted to negligence in order to succeed in their personal injury claims. To establish negligence, the following four elements must be proven:
That the defendant had a duty of care to the plaintiff. This is not a difficult standard to prove because everyone has a duty to act reasonably when engaging in any type of conduct or activity that has the potential to harm another person. For example, if you are backing out of a driveway, you have a responsibility to look behind you and ensure that your path is clear so that you do not collide with any person or vehicle that may be in your path.
That the defendant failed to fulfill his or her duty of care. In most cases, the standard for determining whether or not the defendant breached his or her duty of care is reasonableness. A plaintiff must present evidence demonstrating that in a similar situation, a reasonable person would not have engaged in the same conduct or behavior as the defendant. In some cases, such as a medical malpractice case, the standard may be different, as a plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant’s treatment and care fell below the medical standard of care.
That the plaintiff was harmed as a result of the defendant’s breach of duty. A defendant will not be held liable for breaching a duty of care unless the plaintiff can demonstrate actual injuries and damages.
That the defendant’s breach of duty caused the plaintiff’s injuries. Finally, the plaintiff must demonstrate that the injuries would not have occurred if the defendant had not breached his or her duty of care. In other words, the plaintiff’s injuries were caused by the defendant’s actions or inaction.
Your ability to pursue legal action in the future may be influenced by the activities you take immediately after an injury. First and foremost, the injuries should be documented at the accident scene. If you are injured at work, ensure sure the incident report is filled out. You may need to notify the police and Emergency Services to document your case and provide emergency medical attention, depending on the severity of your injuries.
Second, it is vital to seek medical attention after a personal accident, regardless of whether you believe you have been gravely hurt. In fact, some injuries can take hours or days to show. You will lose the ability to accurately document your injuries if you wait until your symptoms worsen before seeking medical help.
Finally, if your injuries are severe or long-term, you should speak with a personal injury attorney with local trial expertise about your legal options. They will be able to guide you through the next steps. Not all injuries result in successful legal claims. Hiring a personal injury attorney early in the process, on the other hand, can improve your chances of having a solid case because they will have more time to acquire the required evidence.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, the most vital thing to do is get medical help. If you believe someone else is to blame, the next step should be to speak with an attorney about your alternatives. You can speak with one of our attorneys at the Law Office of Doug Goyen for free to explore your circumstances and determine whether you have a case.
It’s vital to seek legal advice as soon as possible. Listed below are a few of the reasons behind this:
It’s possible that the statute of limitations has expired. A statute of limitations is a legal term that refers to a period of time. Each state has its own statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim. This means that if you do not file your claim within the statute of limitations, you will lose your right to file it. After an accident, it is advisable to contact an attorney as quickly as possible.
It’s possible that you’re unsure about the specifics of your accident. Many elements may be at play when accidents occur, and the circumstances may be convoluted. You might be questioning if the other individual was fully to fault for your injuries, or if you were partially to blame as well. You should speak with your own attorney before making any statements or signing anything with an insurance company or opposing legal counsel. This will assist you in avoiding costly errors that may endanger your case in the long run.
You’re worried about how you’ll provide for your family. Many people are unable to work after being involved in an accident. They could be unable to work momentarily or permanently. Medical bills can add to your existing indebtedness. It’s difficult to envision how you’ll pay your bills, support your family, and recuperate from your accident. A skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer can educate you on what to expect, allowing you to plan ahead of time with confidence.
Following an injury, it is vital to speak with a Denton personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. It can mean the difference between a successful claim that results in you receiving the money you deserve and a stressful, laborious procedure that results in you receiving considerably less than you deserve.
If you want to maximize your chances of recovery, you need a legal team that knows how to fight for you. Doug Goyen’s Law Office is that team, with a lengthy history of defending people just like you. We are proud of our track record of obtaining millions of dollars for our clients, and we would be happy to represent you as well. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We’re ready to get started on your case right away.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen handles personal injury cases throughout Texas. This includes automobile accidents such as:
- Car Accidents – We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on getting better and taking care of yourself and others.
- Truck Accidents – Large commercial trucks cause extensive damage and serious injuries. We will fight for you to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and that your rights are protected while you recover.
- DWI Accidents – Every year, drunk drivers cause serious injuries and deaths. We go up against their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they caused you.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrians who are hit by a vehicle can sustain serious injuries. We represent people who have been injured by negligent drivers and assist them in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
- Bicycle Accidents – Bicyclists face serious injury if they are struck by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been struck by negligent drivers.
- Motorcycle Accidents – We advocate for the rights of motorcyclists who have been injured by negligent drivers. We are suing the insurance company for full compensation.
- Dog Bite Attorney – Injured by a Dog Bite or Animal Attack: We represent people who have been injured as a result of a dog attack or other animal that injures that person due to the owner’s negligence.
- Premises Liability and Slip and Fall Lawyer – Injured in a Store or Other Premises such as a Slip and Fall: We represent people who have been injured in “slip and fall” accidents where the person who owned the premises was negligent, had a dangerous condition on their premises, and the dangerous condition caused an injury as a result of their negligence.
Our Denton personal injury lawyer works on a contingency basis, so meeting with a personal injury lawyer to discuss a potential case is free. This means that we will not charge you anything unless and until your case is won.FREE CONSULTATIONS WITH A DENTON PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Call today for a free consultation and allow a top personal injury law firm handle your case so you can focus on your health and rehabilitation.
Every one of our accident and injury cases is handled by a top Denton personal injury lawyer with years of expertise handling situations like yours, and there is never a legal fee unless we win your case.
Our trial lawyers work with clients all around Texas. If you’re looking for a “personal injury lawyer near you,” we’ll come to you for a free consultation at a convenient location.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Garland Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Irving Personal Injury Attorney near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Plano Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Richardson Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Carrollton Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Mesquite Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Allen Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rockwall Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Farmers Branch Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Addison Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Balch Springs Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Flower Mound Personal Injury Attorney near me
- Rowlett Personal Injury Attorney near me
Community Car Accident Pages near Lewisville
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Arlington, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Irving, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Fort Worth, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grapevine, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Cleburne, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Bedford, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Benbrook, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Grand Prairie, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Burleson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Azle, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me