Grand Prairie Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Since 1997, the Law Office of Doug Goyen has represented persons involving auto accidents and assisted clients in recovering compensation for their injuries. Attorney Doug Goyen is a Grand Prairie bicycle accident lawyer who specializes in auto accidents. Our Grand Prairie auto accident attorneys have the knowledge, experience, and representation you need to obtain paid for your injuries.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were over 1,000 bicycle fatalities and over 460,000 bike-related incidents and injuries in the United States in 2015. If you were hit by a car or had an accident while riding your bike, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party if that party’s negligence, distraction, or recklessness contributed to your injuries.
Bike accidents are common in cities where bicyclists and motorists must share the road. Poor lane demarcation, inadequate signs, dark clothes, and a failure to follow safety standards can all contribute to or cause an accident. Other elements that can cause a bicycle accident are listed below.
- Bicyclists aged 50 to 59 have the highest risk of fatalities of any age group.
- Children and people under the age of 20 are the ones who are most likely to be involved in non-fatal accidents.
- In bike accidents, men are killed six times more frequently than women.
- The majority of bicycle fatalities occur in metropolitan settings.
- The three hours between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. are when the majority of bicycle fatalities occur.
- In almost 30% of all bicycle accident instances, alcohol consumption–whether by the rider or by the vehicle driver–is a factor.
Bicyclists, like pedestrians, are more vulnerable on the road than most other groups. They can be difficult to see, have inadequate protection, and can sustain catastrophic damage even at low speeds if struck by a car. The following are some of the most common injuries sustained in bike accidents:
- Damage to the brain
- Trauma to the head
- Burns or rashes
- Bones that be broken or shattered
- Lacerations, cuts, and bruises are all common injuries.
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal hemorrhage
- Damage to the spinal cord, neck, or back
- Death, paralysis, or bodily incapacitation are all examples of bodily incapacitation.
If you were hit by a car while riding your bike, you will almost certainly suffer a slew of other losses and damages in addition to your physical injuries. The following are examples of losses and damages:
- Damage to the bike or to the property.
- The cost of medical care, treatment, and therapy.
- Costs of medicine, diagnostics, and assistive devices
- Wages are lost, people are unable to work, and their earning capability is lowered.
- Anxiety, mental stress, and emotional distress are all symptoms of anxiety.
- Our Grand Prairie bicycle accident lawyer can help you determine the damages you are owed for your claim.
You can sue the at-fault party for damages directly in at-fault jurisdictions like Grand Prairie if you can prove that he or she breached or failed to meet the duty of care.
Anyone driving on the road owes others the responsibility of driving safely and responsibly. Negligence includes driving while inebriated, speeding, driving recklessly or dangerously, driving while distracted, or driving without the required licensing, training, or adherence to safe driving rules. A driver who drives in this manner could be held responsible for the injuries and losses he or she causes in an accident.
Many drivers drive without insurance, according to the Insurance Information Institute, and you can utilize your uninsured motorist policy if you are hit by an uninsured motorist or if you are involved in a hit-and-run.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, who was at responsibility, and the evidence you have to support your claims, you can normally launch a personal injury lawsuit against someone who hit you on a bicycle if you can:
- Demonstrate that he or she had a responsibility of care to you.
- Demonstrate that he or she violated that obligation in some way.
- Demonstrate that the at-fault party’s breach of the duty of care was the direct cause of your accident.
- Demonstrate that your accident caused you to suffer bodily, financial, mental, or other types of losses or damages.
Evidence is required to prove a breach of the duty of care. Following a bicycle accident, you may be able to use the following evidence to support your claim for damages and compensation:
- The accident’s official police report.
- Evidence from the accident scene in the form of photos or video.
- Footage from a dashcam, surveillance camera, or a headcam.
- Eyewitness accounts.
- Cellphone information can be used to show that a driver was distracted while driving, which is a misdemeanor in several states.
- Blood alcohol levels of the driver suspected of being at fault are tested to confirm or rule out whether or not he or she was drinking and driving.
- You may choose to accept the settlement or take your case to court, depending on the strength of your evidence and the severity of your injuries. Our Grand Prairie bicycle accident lawyer can help you with any option you choose.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Grand Prairie Pages
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Car Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie DWI Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Truck Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Garland Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Car Accident Community Pages near Grand Prairie
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Plano, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- McKinney, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Allen, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Addison, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Carrollton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Frisco, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Richardson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Sherman, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Far North Dallas, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Farmers Branch, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving