Grand Prairie Truck Accident Lawyer
Since 1997, Grand Prairie truck accident attorney Doug Goyen has represented persons wounded in 18-wheeler, truck accident, and other commercial vehicle collisions. Our attorneys have settled thousands of auto accident injury cases, including numerous trucking companies paying for injuries caused by truck collisions. The Law Office of Doug Goyen delivers knowledgeable, aggressive, and forceful representation.
You have no control over the actions of other motorists. After a car accident with a truck, however, you can reclaim control. The first step on the path to recovery is to contact a car accident attorney who will safeguard your rights, seek the recompense you need, and eventually assist guide you through your case with the experience, knowledge, and desire for justice that your case deserves.
If you need a Grand Prairie truck accident lawyer, call (972) 599 4100. We’ll get started on your case right now. Following an accident, we assist our clients in a variety of ways, including:
- We assist our clients in locating a medical facility that will treat their injury if they do not know where to go for medical treatment.
- We help our clients find a medical institution that will treat them and defer charging until the insurance company pays the money owed to them for their injuries.
- We assist our clients in collecting reimbursement for car damage from their insurance companies.
- We assist our clients in collecting monies to settle their medical expenses from their insurance carriers.
- We assist our clients in collecting compensation for lost wages from their insurance company.
- We help our clients by obtaining full payment from the insurance company for their personal injury claim, including damages for pain and suffering as well as other losses caused by the accident.
Doug Goyen of the Law Office of Doug Goyen can help you. We deliver results. We seek compensation on behalf of our customers who have been injured in truck accidents. We can help you find a facility that can help you with your injury. We make certain that our clients are reimbursed for their injuries and receive the full value of their claims. People who are looking for a lawyer to represent them in a personal injury case can get free phone consultations and strategy sessions from us.
To get the most money out of your case, you need an attorney who will go after all of the evidence, witnesses, reports, video, records, and other papers. We have obtained millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. You will not be charged unless and until you win. Please contact us at (972) 599-4100.
Truck accidents can be caused by a variety of variables, and each trucking accident lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen investigates the circumstances surrounding each accident. Our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyers witness the following reasons of these deadly collisions on a frequent basis:FATIGUE IN COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVERS
One of the leading causes of truck accidents is driver weariness. Semi-truck drivers are required by law to drive for a set number of hours in order to ensure their personal safety and that of others on the road. Truck drivers frequently opt to exceed their time constraints in order to complete their hauls, according to a trucking accident lawyer. These hours are recorded in a logbook, which the Law Office of Doug Goyen will make sure to find. A truck driving accident can be caused by a variety of circumstances, some of which are intentional and others which are not.
Federal law specifies the rules that commercial truck drivers must obey. It specifies how long a commercial driver is allowed to drive his truck before being legally obligated to stop and rest. The limit is 14 hours (minimum 10 hours of rest after 14 hours on duty); driving time limit of 11 hours (minimum 10 hours rest after 11 total driving hours); limit of 60/70 hours.
Unfortunately, commercial drivers are frequently pressured by their employers to break these rules in order to get their product delivered faster. This leads to scenarios involving driver weariness and the usage of drugs by drivers in attempt to stay awake, resulting in tragic accidents.DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED
Some truck drivers go behind the wheel while inebriated or under the influence of other drugs. Our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyers find it difficult to imagine that someone would do such a thing, yet it does happen on a regular basis. You’ll need an expert trucking accident lawyer to investigate after a truck collision.TRUCKS THAT ARE OVERLOADED AND IN NEED OF MAINTENANCE
Trucks that are overloaded or inadequately loaded can also cause collisions. Sometimes an accident is not the fault of the driver at all, but rather the result of equipment failure. Trucks are tough vehicles, yet they are nevertheless prone to breakdowns. Trucking businesses must adhere to a maintenance schedule and keep track of their repairs in a logbook. In the event of an accident, our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyers will make certain to get these records so that we may acquire the finest possible evidence for our clients’ cases.INADEQUATE DRIVER EDUCATION
Another reason that an experienced trucking accident lawyer frequently finds is a lack of training. Inexperienced or badly trained truck drivers are exceedingly dangerous, and many motorists are injured or killed as a result. Those looking for truck driver training should make sure the programs they are considering have a high reputation and references.WEATHER CONDITIONS THAT ARE HAZARDOUS
Dangerous weather is another factor that can lead to devastating truck accidents, many of which involve cars. Because of the sheer size and weight of the vehicles, these kinds of collisions are highly dangerous.
Big rig trucks travel at about the same speeds as passenger automobiles, but they are three to four times heavier and have a five-times longer stopping distance. So, you can image the amount of damage these trucks can cause. Many modern vehicles are equipped with a black box, which records important events that occur during an accident. This material will be obtained by a competent law firm, such as the Law Office of Doug Goyen and our Grand Prairie truck accident attorneys, in order to establish and win a personal injury case for you.
Truck accidents are terrifying events, and it’s critical to know what to do if you’re engaged in one. If you are involved in a collision with an 18-wheeler or other commercial truck, our Grand Prairie truck accident attorneys recommend that you do the following.
Get medical help as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the majority of truck accident victims get some form of injury. That is why these occurrences have such a profound impact on people’s lives. Commercial vehicles can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, making them ten times the weight of a typical passenger vehicle. Even low-speed collisions with commercial vehicles might result in serious casualties due to their size.
As a result, even if you think you’re fine, get medical attention. This is significant since victims of these incidents sometimes do not realize they have been injured until later. Head injuries, such as concussions, and spinal injuries, such as herniated disks, are among the injuries that are initially undetected. So, don’t make the mistake of attempting to work through the pain in order to overcome the damage. The longer you wait to see a doctor, the stronger the insurance company’s case will be against you. It is critical that you see a doctor, obtain your injury documentation, and receive the medical treatment that you require in order to recover. Our Grand Prairie truck accident attorneys will assist and advise you regarding your medical alternatives if you do not have medical insurance and are unable to acquire the medical care that you require.
Take photos at the accident scene. It is critical to collect all evidence following an accident. Often, police enforcement will be of great assistance in this process. They’ll be the first ones on the scene, and they’ll almost certainly conduct an accident investigation. We’ll then acquire images of the accident scene, the automobiles involved, and the semi-black-box truck’s data. Our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyers will investigate these significant injuries or wrongful death trucking claims as soon as possible. We’ll hire accident investigators to look into the incident fully. This is critical since the insurance companies will be doing the same thing at the same time.
Our experts will begin by conducting a comprehensive investigation of the situation. They’ll rely on the data gathered by law enforcement, which will include measurements and photos. In order to fill in any gaps in the initial investigation, our experts will reconstruct the accident. If you have a camera on your phone, you can take images of the vehicles and the situation, which can be quite useful. Make a point of photographing any skid marks or debris on the road. It’s critical to realize that the insurance companies will hire an accident reconstruction specialist in order to place blame for the accident on you. Your images have the potential to help you win this battle.
Finally, even if your vehicle is no longer drivable, it is critical to maintain it in a serious injury case. If a flaw in your car was directly related to the severity of your injuries, you will be able to file a lawsuit against the car’s manufacturer. If you were injured in a truck collision, talk with one of our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyers before your car is totaled or repaired.
The trucking accident lawyer at the Law Office of Doug Goyen will fight for the following legal damages:
- Both your present and future medical expenses
- Compensation for your pain and suffering
- Compensation for your lost wages
- Compensation for any earnings capacity that has been lost
- Compensation for any physical impairment
- Disfigurement compensation
- Wrongful death — any surviving family members are entitled to compensation.
Our Grand Prairie truck accident attorneys have the expertise and experience needed to pursue truck accident injury cases. When you call the Law Office of Doug Goyen we will thoroughly investigate any and all damages you have suffered and help get the full compensation you are owed.
Our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyers gather the following evidence after a catastrophic truck accident:
- Logbooks are used to keep track of events.
- Data from a black box or a computer
- Documents proving the weight of the shipment and previous deliveries
- The tractor-trailer is inspected
- We’ll examine the accident scene
- Gather information on training
Many semi-truck drivers have a commercial driver’s license and are merely allowed to transport their loads on the roadways. Our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyers at the Law Office of Doug Goyen believe that this is risky. Before getting behind the wheel of an 80,000-pound truck, all drivers must undergo extensive safety training. Trucking businesses have a responsibility to offer their drivers with both initial and ongoing safety training.
Commercial carriers must keep their trucks in good working order and ensure that they are mechanically safe on the road. Every day, a commercial truck driver must inspect their trucks, trailers, and cargoes. They must ensure that their vehicles and trailers are in good functioning order, as well as that their cargo is adequately secured. According to federal requirements, a driver must inspect the following items at the start of each trip:
- The air hoses and compressor on the vehicle
- All of the truck’s brakes are in good working order.
- The gasoline system of the vehicle
- Every light on the truck is turned on.
- The steering of the vehicle
- Every piece of safety gear
- The axles of the vehicle
- All of the connection devices on the truck
- The wheels and tires of the vehicle
Then, at the conclusion of the journey, all these goods must be reviewed once more. Before starting the next journey, the driver must record any harmful circumstances or flaws and notify them to the trucking firm. Following an accident, our Grand Prairie truck accident lawyer will use this as part of the 18-wheeler accident case.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses.
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
Other Grand Prairie Pages
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Car Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie DWI Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Garland Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Car Accident Community Pages near Grand Prairie
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Plano, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- McKinney, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Allen, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Addison, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Carrollton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Frisco, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Richardson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Sherman, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Far North Dallas, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Farmers Branch, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving