Grand Prairie DWI Accident Lawyer
Attorney Goyen has been an auto accident injury lawyer in Grand Prairie since 1997, representing thousands of clients and obtaining millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. Our office takes pride in striving for the finest possible outcome. Call now if you have been injured by a drunk driver and want the services of a Grand Prairie DWI accident lawyer. For our clients, the Law Office of Doug Goyen delivers knowledgeable, aggressive, and powerful representation. Each client is communicated with directly by our attorney. We will protect each of our clients’ rights and attain the best results results possible in their cases.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen possesses the expertise necessary to assure that your case is handled by one of Texas’ top injury lawyers. Since 1997, attorney Doug Goyen has been licensed to practice law in the state of Texas.COMPENSATION A GRAND PRAIRIE DWI ACCIDENT LAWYER CAN OBTAIN
A car accident may be a costly ordeal, with medical expenses, motor repairs, and lost income totaling thousands of dollars. Receiving compensation for an accident that wasn’t your fault can help you get the financial and medical help you need.
Insurance companies regularly underpay vehicle accident victims, paying either the bare minimum or partial losses indicated in a claim. Hiring an experienced attorney who is familiar with the strategies used by insurance companies will improve your chances of collecting reimbursement.
If we are unable to reach an arrangement with the insurance company, we may be able to pursue extra damages in a personal injury case, which may include both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are meant to help with bill payment, expenses, and property loss. These damages pay you for monetary losses such as medical costs, missed wages or the incapacity to earn future revenue, as well as vehicle damage.
Noneconomic damages are monetary values ascribed to non-financial suffering and losses caused by a car accident, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, physical impairment, disfigurement, or loss of consortium, which is the loss of a relationship with your spouse or family members.
Compensation in personal injury and property damage lawsuits in Texas is governed by the comparative negligence rule. Under comparative negligence, a jury will decide the degree of fault shared by both parties in producing the accident. You would be awarded $700 if you submitted a $1,000 claim and it was ruled that you were 30% responsible for the accident. If you are more than 50% at blame, though, you will not be unable to recover.
Texas law requires personal injury victims to file a claim within two years after the accident or discovery of a hidden injury. If you file a claim after the two-year time restriction has gone, you will not be allowed to seek compensation.
To learn more about the compensation you may be entitled to following a car accident, contact our Grand Prairie auto accident attorneys for knowledgeable and experienced legal assistance.
Even if the insurance company’s payment appears to be acceptable, the accident victim should consult with an experienced attorney to ensure that they are being adequately rewarded. Some expenses, such as future medical care, will not be included in the insurance company’s settlement offer. Because the insurance company is sometimes unaware of the degree of the victim’s ailments, how can they make a fair offer that covers past, present, and future medical bills as well as lost wages?
This is why having legal representation is so important. Only an experienced attorney who understands how to negotiate with insurance companies can ensure that you get the most money possible.
The victim will have additional proof for their civil case after the motorist has been charged with driving under the influence, which will help them collect the compensation they deserve. Non-economic damages can be reliably quantified with the help of an experienced attorney but determining the amount of compensation deserved can be difficult.
In this form of action, the victim must account for everything they have lost as a result of the drunk driver’s recklessness. The victim’s injuries and emotional suffering may have been caused by the driver’s conduct.
A Grand Prairie DWI accident lawyer will attempt to get the victim the most money for their injury claim as feasible. They will also assist the victim in evaluating all the ways that their injuries have affected their finances and quality of life, including:
- Medical bills, both past and future
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Earnings lost, past and future
- Physical impairment
- Vehicle replacement or repair
- Pain and suffering
- Expenses for travel
- Any other sort of damages caused by the accident
Overserving alcohol is deemed irresponsible. Under Texas’ Dram Shop Laws, an establishment who overserves alcohol to a minor or a person who is clearly intoxicated can be held liable for significant injuries or wrongful deaths caused by drunk driving. A business is expected to take reasonable precautions and not serve someone who is already inebriated.
Questions a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Will Assist You With:
- What was the defendant’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC)?
- Before the collision, where was the defendant drinking?
- Was the alcohol provided by a third-party, such as a bar or a social host?
- Is there a medical issue that could affect the defendant’s judgment when mixed with alcohol use?
- Is the defendant an alcoholic with a low tolerance for alcohol?
- Is there evidence that the defendant drove to or from the drinking establishment?
The DUI conviction of the driver will be one of the greatest pieces of evidence for a person who has been hit by a drunk driver and files a claim. While the criminal trial will frequently take precedence in the eyes of the court, the victim will still have the opportunity to make a complaint. The police record, documents from the drunk driver’s criminal trial, documents relating medical treatment, lost income, and other critical material will all be known to an attorney. It is the attorney’s obligation to show that the driver was at fault. The plaintiff can expect to get a greater payment if he or she has this type of essential evidence.
We deal with the insurance company and protect your rights while you focus on what you need to do to get better and take care of yourself and those around you.
Large commercial trucks do serious damage and cause serious injuries. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve and protect your rights while you recover.
Drunk drivers cause serious injuries and death every year. We fight their insurance companies to get you compensated for the damage and injury they have caused you.
Pedestrians struck by vehicles can suffer serious injuries. We represent people injured in by negligent drivers and help our clients get compensation for their injury.
Bicyclists are at risk of serious injury if they are hit by a vehicle. We represent bicyclists who have been hit by careless drivers.
When bars or restaurants continue to over-serve drunk people, and those people cause accidents that result in injuries, we assist clients in obtaining compensation for their injuries.
We fight for the rights of motorcyclists who have been hurt by careless drivers. We are fighting for full compensation from the insurance company.
When someone dies as a result of negligence from a motor vehicle accident, the family and estate have a claim against the negligent parties. We represent families and estates in obtaining restitution for their losses
By Doug Goyen, email@example.com
Other Grand Prairie Pages
- Grand Prairie Personal Injury Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Car Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Truck Accident Lawyer
- Grand Prairie Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorneys near me
- Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Garland Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Irving Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Plano Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Denton Personal Injury Lawyer near me
- Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer near me
Car Accident Community Pages near Grand Prairie
- Auto Accident Attorneys near me
- Plano, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- McKinney, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Allen, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Addison, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Carrollton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Denton, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Frisco, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Richardson, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Sherman, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Far North Dallas, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Farmers Branch, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Flower Mound, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Lewisville, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Rowlett, Texas Car Accident Lawyer near me
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- DWI Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- City Vehicle Injury Accidents
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Auto Insurance Used in Accidents
- Auto Accident Liability Insurance
- Collision, Comp, Rental, and Towing Insurance
- Medical Payments Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Personal Injury Protection in Texas
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Car Wrecks
- Car Accident Back Injuries
- Car Accident Hospital Liens in Texas
- Car Accident Injury Damages
- Causes of Auto Accidents
- Children Injured In Accidents
- Damaged Vehicle and Liability Insurance
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Health Insurance in Accidents
- Helpful Auto Accident Links
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Investigation After Car Wrecks
- Medical Care After Accidents
- Multiple Car Accidents
- Neck Injuries in Accidents & Whiplash
- Negligent Entrustment and Accidents
- Personal Injury Compensation Rights
- Rules of the Road and Accidents
- Suing the Auto Liability Insurer
- Texting and Driving