Arlington DWI Accident Lawyer
Since 1997, Attorney Goyen has represented thousands of clients and earned millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. Our office takes pride in achieving the best possible result. If you were the victim of a drunk driver and require the services of an Arlington DWI accident lawyer, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Law Office of Doug Goyen provides experience, expertise, and powerful representation. Our Arlington personal injury lawyer communicates directly with each client. We will protect each of our client's rights and obtain the necessary outcomes for their cases. The Law Office of Doug Goyen has the credentials you need to ensure that your case is handled by one of Texas' best personal injury attorneys. Since 1997, attorney Doug Goyen has been licensed to practice law in the state of Texas.
Drunk driving accidents are frequently fatal, leaving victims with life-changing or fatal injuries. Drunk drivers are more likely than other drivers to engage in risky behavior such as excessive speeding, red-light running, or driving in the wrong direction. At the Law Office of Dog Goyen, we are dedicated to bringing drunk drivers to justice in Arlington. We represent people who have been injured in alcohol-impaired accidents all over North Texas. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible for a free, no-obligation case review.
A car accident can be an expensive ordeal, with medical bills, vehicle repairs, and lost wages totaling thousands of dollars. Receiving compensation for an accident that was not your fault can assist you in obtaining the necessary financial and medical assistance.
Insurance companies routinely underpay car accident victims, paying only the bare minimum or only a portion of the losses indicated in a claim. Hiring an experienced attorney who is familiar with insurance company strategies will increase your chances of receiving reimbursement.
If we are unable to reach an agreement with the insurance company, we may be able to seek additional compensation in a personal injury case, which may include both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are intended to assist with bills, expenses, and property loss. These damages compensate you for monetary losses such as medical expenses, missed wages, or inability to earn future revenue, as well as vehicle damage.
Noneconomic damages are monetary values assigned to non-financial pain and suffering caused by a car accident, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, physical impairment, disfigurement, or loss of consortium, which is the loss of a relationship with your spouse or family members.
The comparative negligence rule governs compensation in personal injury and property damage lawsuits in Texas. A jury will decide the degree of fault shared by both parties in causing the accident under comparative negligence. If you filed a $1,000 claim and it was determined that you were 30% to blame for the accident, you would be awarded $700. However, if you are more than 50% to blame, you will not be unable to recover.
Personal injury victims in Texas are required by law to file a claim within two years of the accident or discovery of a hidden injury. You will not be able to seek compensation if you file a claim after the two-year time limit has expired.
Contact our Arlington auto accident attorneys for knowledgeable and experienced legal assistance to learn more about the compensation you may be entitled to following a car accident.
Our law firm has extensive experience in personal injury and auto accident cases, as well as the laws that govern them, giving us in-depth knowledge and experience in these areas.
Our Arlington drunk driving accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no up-front costs and no attorney's fees if we are unable to win your case.
Working with an Arlington automobile accident lawyer from the Law Office of Doug Goyen means that you can focus on your injuries and your family while we handle your case. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to ensure that you have everything you need, from high-quality medical care to aggressive auto insurance negotiations. We can handle the legal aspects of your case while you concentrate on healing. Among the services we offer are:
- Obtaining eyewitness statements
- Obtaining a copy of a police report
- Obtaining Breathalyzer and chemical test results
- Obtaining a subpoena for video footage of a field sobriety test taken by a police officer
- Bringing a civil suit against the inebriated driver
- Obtaining the full value of your injury claim
We settle the majority of the vehicle accident cases we accept during pretrial negotiations. If, on the other hand, the insurance company refuses to settle your case for a reasonable sum, we can take the defendant to court to seek better results. Our trial attorneys have extensive trial experience and can fight for your rights in front of a judge or jury.
Car accidents involving a drunk driver frequently result in serious injuries. Because of the drunk driver's actions in causing the accident, these accidents can result in serious injuries. The following are some of the most common injuries sustained in DWI accidents:
- Spinal Cord Injury - Paralysis. There's a chance you'll sustain a spinal cord injury. If the impact is severe enough, the injury could result in paralysis. The location of the injury determines the type of paralysis. Paraplegia affects only the legs, whereas tetraplegia affects the arms, chest, and legs.
- Amputation of a limb. A catastrophic DWI accident can either cut a limb or damage it beyond repair, forcing doctors to amputate it.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when something penetrates the skull or has an effect on the brain in any way. These can have a negative impact on brain function, affecting cognition and mobility.
- Fractures. In severe DWI car accidents, a bone in a limb may be broken. Broken arms and legs are excruciatingly painful injuries that will almost certainly necessitate the use of a cast for a period of time.
- Common injuries include lacerations, scrapes, and bruises. Serious cuts, scratches, and bruises can result from a collision.
- Soft tissue injuries. Sprains and strains aren't always fatal, but they can be tricky to detect. There may be no obvious indications that anything is wrong with these injuries. If symptoms do not appear for a few days, you may not realize you have been injured until you feel discomfort, which indicates something is wrong.
- Wrongful Death is a legal term that refers to the act of causing death due to the trauma of a serious impact. DWI car accidents can be fatal. If someone is killed as a result of the negligence of another, Texas law provides families with statutory compensation.
While some injuries may heal on their own, many will almost certainly require the services of a doctor, adherence to a treatment plan, and attendance at follow-up appointments. A person with a broken bone may have limited mobility and may be unable to work for an extended period of time.
Missed work could be one of the most serious concerns. Most employers provide sick time, but it may not be enough to meet the needs of the employee until they are ready to return to work. This can be stressful because the individual may want to return to work but is unable to do so.
Accidents can result in mental anguish. The victim may be having difficulty reliving the event, feeling afraid and nervous when they think about what happened, and determining how they will cope. Professional help may be required, and the cost of such care can be prohibitively expensive.
If you were not at fault, you are entitled to justice regardless of the type of injuries you sustain. You have the right to be compensated for your medical, physical, and psychological expenses.
It is considered irresponsible to overserve alcohol. According to Texas Dram Shop Laws, an establishment that overserves alcohol to a minor or a clearly intoxicated person can be held liable for serious injuries or wrongful deaths caused by drunk driving. A company is expected to take reasonable precautions, such as not serving someone who is already inebriated.
Questions a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Can Answer:
- What was the defendant's blood alcohol level (BAC)?
- Where was the defendant drinking prior to the collision?
- Is the alcohol supplied by a third party, such as a bar or a social host?
- Is there a medical condition that, when combined with alcohol use, could impair the defendant's judgment?
- Is the defendant an alcoholic with a low alcohol tolerance?
- Is there proof that the defendant drove himself to or from the drinking establishment?
Law Office of Doug Goyen's auto accident attorneys have dedicated their careers to assisting injured accident victims. Our Arlington auto accident lawyers have helped dozens of victims and family members find closure and peace of mind after tragic car accidents. We have worked hard to obtain the highest possible compensation awards for each client we represent. During a free consultation, find out how we can help you right now.THERE IS NO FEE IF WE DO NOT WIN
You owe us nothing if we are unable to recover. We charge a contingency fee structured to take a percentage of what we recover. As a performance-based contract, the better we do for you, the better we do for ourselves. This aligns our interests in the case with our client’s interests.DIRECTIONS TO OUR OFFICE
Law Office of Doug Goyen
15851 Dallas Pkwy #605
Addison, Texas 75001
(972) 599 4100 phone
(972) 398 2629 fax
Directions to our office: We are on the southbound side of the service road to the Tollway. Stay on the Dallas North Tollway until you come to the Keller Springs exit. Take the Keller Spring exit. Stay on the service road on the southbound side and go just past Keller Springs. Our office is the 2nd building south of Keller Springs, located on the service road to the North Dallas Tollway in the Madison Business Center on the 6th floor.
By Doug Goyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arlington Car Accident Lawyer
- Arlington Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Arlington DWI Accident Lawyer
- Arlington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Arlington Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Arlington Personal Injury Lawyer
- Arlington Truck Accident Lawyer
- Arlington Wrongful Death Lawyer